Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever gone on strike at work?

Strike is a recurring theme in my country and most of it occur as a form of protest to unfavorable government policies. The workers' union and organizations are usually at the forefront of declaring strikes in my country.

Advertisement Placeholder
Strike is a recurring theme in my country and most of it occur as a form of protest to unfavorable government policies. The workers' union and organizations are usually at the forefront of declaring strikes in my country.
Sometime they hold our fund and refuse to pay us that is why I saw so many firm going to strike,strike is not good any firm that embark on strike face some losses and I think that if you go on strike then you stand a better chance of lossing alot,but its sure way to get your right back from your boss and my team has done one when I was working offline

So, have you ever gone on strike at work? If so, what were the reasons for striking from your duties? Was it an individual or team decision? Did you manage to prove your point and succeed?
I have never been made to go on strike at work before.
I have seen people especially those of the public sector go on strike due to their demands not being met by the government.

I haven't gone on strike before, but I have seen firsthand employees go on strike, and a lot of times the strike revolves around better pay and insurance. Sometimes a change in leadership as well.

First of all I do not do work for the government or any business ,I am the one in control of my business since I am a skilled worker, I provide services for people and they pay me based on what I have done.. it is my own area of interest i don't even know-how strike in a business organisation or company develops.

Yeah I have. I remember when our boss decided to change the working system when he discovered it was like it favoured us the more. That was the beginning of a frosty relationship because he treated those that didn't support his idea as enemies.

Most strikes do occur due to the failure of government to pay salary when due and it's mostly done in government jobs. As a private sector worker I haven't experienced a strike for any reason.

My workplace is actually nice, we do not really have issues especially when it comes to payment which is one of the things that leads to strike.

Money and pay rates can be a big issue and this is one of the main reasons why many government employees go on a strike. This is a common problem with government jobs in my country.

Strike is common in government employees when agitating or requesting something from government which is yet to be granted especially increament of salaries and arreas

No I have never done that but I have friends who actually did and I got to know that the whole thing is never easy because they won't be paid and they have to manage with the little money they had left

I have never worked for companies, I have never been a part of any trade unions, therefore, I have never gone for strike. I am not in favor of strikes, but I believe sometimes strikes happen to be just necessary.

I have never gone on strike but my mother works on education sector they often go to strikes almost every month for no good reason.

Strikes usually cause economical problems and strike can also cause many other kinds of problems. For example, if health workers go on a strike, patients suffer a lot and many patients even die. However, some people have no option but to go on a strike when the government does injustice with the workers. Most of the time government employees go on a strike in my country.

One time, I worked for my boss. He refused to pay according it's cause of issues I wouldn't understand. So I left, sometimes visit him in the workplace without actually working. He later called and apologize

In my country the economy situation is too hard where by people working in the company find it difficult to earning good salaries. Apart from the staff's, casuals find it difficult earning good pay.

One time, I worked for my boss. He refused to pay according it's cause of issues I wouldn't understand. So I left, sometimes visit him in the workplace without actually working. He later called and apologize
I think going on a strike is not really an advisable way of drawing your boss attention to the issues you might be aggrieved with. Some Managers readily relieve striking workers of their jobs or might declare a "no work, no pay" rule.

I think going on a strike is not really an advisable way of drawing your boss attention to the issues you might be aggrieved with. Some Managers readily relieve striking workers of their jobs or might declare a "no work, no pay" rule.
Well, before going on strike you'd have to examine the kind of person your boss is and your importance in the place of work. To me strike is always an incentive for the boss to take necessary actions on matters that concerns you

Concerning if I have ever striked at work. Well, I don't have a workplace for now but I do have bizdustry as my place of work online and I have gone a strike before on the platform when the earning amount per post was change and very low to meet up my target but am fully back to resumption

I have gone on strike on many occasions because I works with a government own establishment. It is a common thing in my country as government always either refuse to pay salary at all or pay as at when due. The only language the government understood is strike.
Well that is actually common in most government esterblishment and organisations,but on the flip side,there was actualy an incident that warranted workers in my place of work to down tool dur to payment issue.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds