Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever gone on strike at work?

Its a coincidence that I saw this tweet. Workers in my place are currently on strike for unpaid promotion amounting to about 12 years and refusal of the government to pay hazard allowance.

Advertisement Placeholder
I've never gone to strike before cos i never worked full-time offline gig nor online gig before. I only own a mini business which I've been managing for some time now.

I see strike to be normal in day to day activities that earn us because some owner of the business or manager of the business just don't have this considerate heart. They like to cheat workers because of their own selfishness. I remember the private organization I worked. When the owner refused to pay us(we workers) our entitlements, we went on strike in agreement. He was shoked and felt guilty. He began to beg us like we're his gods. He regretted all he did; abusing us, playing pranks among co -worker s and many more.
To shock you, we used one month at home and he was able to lose his potential customers. He's just getting back good customer even I also felt for him because he lost a lot. However strike is just to teach people in high places to behave well to less privilege people.

Its a coincidence that I saw this tweet. Workers in my place are currently on strike for unpaid promotion amounting to about 12 years and refusal of the government to pay hazard allowance.
We also have the same problem with the government. The government nurses here are complaining of the low salary. New nurses have increased pay but the oldtimer nurses were left behind. They cannot hold a protest strike because of the pandemic but some groups are threatening to leave their job.

I have always been lucky to find a good environment to work but there was this time I was doing industrial placement for a production factory that almost stories because the workers were not treated fairly but the company renegotiated with the union leader.

I've never went on a strike at work because I work for a private company organisation, most people that are working for the government are the one that have an opportunity to go on strike but for private organisation , this is not likely to be possible

Yes oh there was a period a company owed us so much I got frustrated and after this particular month I just told myself if I don't act rash I would not be paid oh till I just acted upon my instinct.

Till now I am very much satisfied with my previous job. So I don't have to go for strike for that, but recently I have applied for a job which pays better than this one. Don't know about the management, if in future I have to sit on strike.

I've never went on a strike before in a work because I only work for a small private business Enterprise, they set of business in my country do not recognise strike anywhere from Monday to Saturday, sometimes it is always stressful.

I have never goes on a lone strike at work before but I have participated in a union strike before at work pressing home our demands for better pay and working condition

I’ve never go on any strike before because i work with a private school and I’ve never have the opportunity to work for government where i can experience strike

We have never went on a strike before because I do not work for the government, here in our country government workers are the only people that are likely to go on strike because of delay in payment of salary.

My workplace is actually nice, we do not really have issues especially when it comes to payment which is one of the things that leads to strike.
I have never gone on strike in my workplace before but one reason why workers to go on strike is when their needs are not being met and workers who go on strike mostly have Union.

During my service year, i was posted to a school in a very remote rural community. The school had little to no facilities to assist in teaching and they wanted us to perform magic. They stopped paying us what they normally use to, we had to go on strick so they would see our worth

Talking about this, we are currently in strike right now . it has been so for a little over a month after the government refused to pay hazard allowance and implement promotion.

I have worked in several organisation that went on strike both private and government. Employers where I last worked loved to owed her staff their salaries, I was forced to resign from the job rather to go on strike.

I have worked in several organisation that went on strike both private and government. Employers where I last worked loved to owed her staff their salaries, I was forced to resign from the job rather to go on strike.
I have never gone on strike on work before but I know most times we can still go on strike when they are not being paid their salary or allowance.

When I was quite younger my mum went on strike it affected our lives for a month as government refused to agree to their demand but eventually they did !

So, have you ever gone on strike at work? If so, what were the reasons for striking from your duties? Was it an individual or team decision? Did you manage to prove your point and succeed?
I have never ever have gone on strike at work. I just resign from work if I am not happy working anymore. I have known of co employees that go to Media establishment and report it through the airwaves.

When I was quite younger my mum went on strike it affected our lives for a month as government refused to agree to their demand but eventually they did !
At times I think the best language that employers understood perfectly is strike no matter how you try to reason or make peace with them. When workers are push to the wall especially when it involves their salary, the best action is to go on strike.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds