Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever gone on strike at work?

Yes we have gone on strike, but the reason for the strike is for petty things like, payment and lack of salary awareness, and wellbeing of staff.

Advertisement Placeholder
In my country, hardly you can see private organizations going on strike. They belive you can resign if you are no longer in terms with the conditions of the work. But I do see government workers on strike.

I have never gone on strike before in my workplace because of the kind of ceo we have who is always ready to listen to his employees complaint

I have never goon on a strike before because i personally work on self employed organisation,no Time for strike as we are constantly searching for people to petronize our services

Strike by labour union is quite common here in my country, and it is one of the ways to protest against unfair treatment or working conditions imposed on employers. But, in my work place, we have not gone on strike as it is a private firm.

In this part of the world, we in the private sector cannot afford to go on strike because these private organisations would replace any of their striking workers in a heartbeat.

Well this is a common thing if you've ever worked for Nigerian government. Striking action is the order of the day which may emanate as result of non payment f salary etc.

Concerning if I have ever striked at work. Well, I don't have a workplace for now but I do have bizdustry as my place of work online and I have gone a strike before on the platform when the earning amount per post was change and very low to meet up my target but am fully back to resumption

No, I have never did that. Strikes usually damage the development of any organization or country. Whenever people go on a strike, the business and development stops and this leads to economical problems. I personally think that governments and companies should strive hard to satisfy all the needs of employees and people so that srikes could be avoided.

I've never worked for any venture before. I'm just doing some hourly task at my locality and taking care of my garden. I think being treated unhappy, low salary, and salary delay etc, cost people to reople to resign from their work duties.

Yes in my country I have gone to strike for couple of times despite the fact it's in education sector,and it is due to bad government, corruption and alot of more

Where I was previously working, I and fellow staff decided to go on a strike because our boss refuse to pay us our salary for months.

I worked in a bank and I have not experienced going on a strike. But my brother who worked in the cigarette factory joined the strikers for a day, only for a day because my father was the operations manager. Fortunately the strikers had a civil negotiation with the owner and the managers and the issue of wages was settled. The strikers lost a week of wages for not working.

I have never gone on strike at work but I have never complained about certain things at work and it wasn't received well.

Workers go on strike when their demands are not being met, I have engaged on strike ones when I was working with one organisation we demanded that our salary to be increased however who made little impact because the organisation came to our aid.

Personally i have never gone on strike at work, and to be honest i don't understand the idea of striking. In my view i think that it causes more damage than anything because it is time that is spent away from work, which affects service delivery. Not only that, but the strikes sometimes cause damage which is also bad. I believe that a solid negotiation is the best way to go and there should be the willingness to negotiate from both side.

I have been working from home and doing freelancing after I completed my university education. Apart from a brief time period, I have never worked for any companies, therefore, I do not have experience of striking.

I have been working from home and doing freelancing after I completed my university education. Apart from a brief time period, I have never worked for any companies, therefore, I do not have experience of striking.
I have gone on strike once at my working place when we will not been paid salaries. It is good that workers go on strike for them to be heard about their needs.

If it is a lone strike you meant, no I have not. But if it's a group strike, I have joined this type of strikes on many occasions and the results are very outstanding as we all got what we were agitating for

Though my own xperience was not actually a strike per say,but it all happened when i was working as a casual worker,and after some period of our engagement,the management decide to give us some unfavourable work condition,of which we did not agree,and we did not work for some time,but it was later resolve and we continued working.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds