Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever gone on strike at work?

Yes i have gone on strike at work before, sometime ago before the covid outbreak rhere was a place i used to work which was even a new place oh they paid one and started acting up likw they were not lanning on paying at all or something and that was starting to piss people off and instead of distorying or taking anything we just went on strike.

Advertisement Placeholder
Going on strike in the private sector is a sure way of getting a pink rose from the management. I had y own ways of getting my demands fulfilled. It was either me or the management if I won I got what I wanted to have and if they won, I found another job, simple!

Definitely I habe gone on strike at work and this is not just only me. Its the workers union decision due to lack of government in fulfilling their promise over the increment of minimum wage in my state

Definitely I habe gone on strike at work and this is not just only me. Its the workers union decision due to lack of government in fulfilling their promise over the increment of minimum wage in my state
That is a sad event for the employer and also for the employees. That is why I am against an active labor union because of the rift that it can cause between the management and the workers. What I want is a reasonable labor union to bridge the gap of the workers with the boss.

I remember when I was working in one company that produce tomatoes paste,they were fund of owning us always untill one very bad day that we all stop work and go on strike,but at the end they later paid.
Going for a strike at work most especially when you are working for a private company and a government work is inevitable because strike is the avenue for workers to show their pains over delay in payments and increase in payment.

I have gone on atleast 3 strike which I happen to lead one the last one and it came out positively. I could remember vividly.

Going for a strike at work most especially when you are working for a private company and a government work is inevitable because strike is the avenue for workers to show their pains over delay in payments and increase in payment.
You are right in the sense that it is a good way to express your feelings about the current employment situation and your remuneration packages however if you go on strike and has to be in a correct way. I have noticed that internationally there are many riots and strikes that actually end up quite violent and this should never be an avenue for any grievance.

I never worked before, that's why it is easy for me to decide if I'll go to strike or not. At this time I'm just concentrated in my business hoping to turn it to be a lucrative one in the future.

I have gone on strike several times at work to protest on lack of payments of salary by my employer after working for some months without being paid a penny.

I have gone on strike several times at work to protest on lack of payments of salary by my employer after working for some months without being paid a penny.
I wonder why they were not able to pay your salary, most of the owner of this business can sometimes be so heartless concerning payment of salary especially to people that are working for them.

At times I think the best language that employers understood perfectly is strike no matter how you try to reason or make peace with them. When workers are push to the wall especially when it involves their salary, the best action is to go on strike.
Yes I've been involved in strike one's at my workplace when the organisation refuse to pay us our salary at the appropriate time.

Yeah i have been on strike numerous time when I'm working with a construction company but it's a team decision due the salary we are receiving.

Yes I have experience some strike activities in my place of work just because of the fact that the government refused to increase the minimum wage of workers when there Economic downturn In the country

There was a student strike we did back then when I was an undergraduate years ago. The school management almost refused paying us our dues until that strike and it became a national discussion

I wonder why they were not able to pay your salary, most of the owner of this business can sometimes be so heartless concerning payment of salary especially to people that are working for them.
Well, sometimes there are several reasons why a business could not be able to meet up to pay up the salaries of her workers, it might be beyond the wickedness of the business owner.
[automerge]1628676084[/automerge]
Sometimes if you do not ho on strike the organisation might think that you are comfortable with your present conditions since you did not complain about it.
Yes I've been involved in strike one's at my workplace when the organisation refuse to pay us our salary at the appropriate time.

Last edited:
So, have you ever gone on strike at work? If so, what were the reasons for striking from your duties? Was it an individual or team decision? Did you manage to prove your point and succeed?
To be honest have not experience strike as in working either in company or organization but as a student my school alway go on strike for lack of payment to the stuff

Well, sometimes there are several reasons why a business could not be able to meet up to pay up the salaries of her workers, it might be beyond the wickedness of the business owner.
[automerge]1628676084[/automerge]
Sometimes if you do not ho on strike the organisation might think that you are comfortable with your present conditions since you did not complain about it.
If they are not able to pay their employee at least they should make them to understand the reason why they are not able to pay the salary .with this it will help the employee to understand the situation on the ground.

If they are not able to pay their employee at least they should make them to understand the reason why they are not able to pay the salary .with this it will help the employee to understand the situation on the ground.
Yes I have gone on strike once in my workplace when the organisation refuse to pay us salary on time we were so pissed that we went on strike.

Some employers come out with reasons that are not reasonable for their actions. They will keep feeding you with the same story for months till you decide not to go on strike.

I have not gone on any strike but we have used strike threats to get our employer to dance to our demand. It worked perfect back then because we were all together

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds