Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever dealt with chargebacks for work you've done?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
When it comes to being paid, has there ever been a time where you got a chargeback after being paid? As in, when you get paid, you take your money and then later on the person you worked for, does a chargeback to receive his/her money back, and then I'm stuck paying a fine for not having the money. It happened to me twice in the past, and I am very strict about working with people, so much so I started to have them sign a form to make sure the money will not be charged back unless of a problem with the work.

Has this ever happened to you?

Advertisement Placeholder
When it comes to being paid, has there ever been a time where you got a chargeback after being paid? As in, when you get paid, you take your money and then later on the person you worked for, does a chargeback to receive his/her money back, and then I'm stuck paying a fine for not having the money. It happened to me twice in the past, and I am very strict about working with people, so much so I started to have them sign a form to make sure the money will not be charged back unless of a problem with the work.

No, I have never experienced this ever. When I worked as a freelancer for a content mill, I submitted many articles. They used to pay upfront payments after deciding things properly.

I've never experienced this personally and even if I needs to have people I am working for sign a form that the money won't be charged back , this will only happen if it involved a serious sum of money. Not on a minute sum.

No, I have never experienced this ever. When I worked as a freelancer for a content mill, I submitted many articles. They used to pay upfront payments after deciding things properly.
Wow That's very interesting if that's the case, considering the fact that working as a freelancer is not easy, it requires time and attention, but I think one can earn allot from it.

Wow That's very interesting if that's the case, considering the fact that working as a freelancer is not easy, it requires time and attention, but I think one can earn allot from it.

Apart from working as a freelancer, you can make good money by working on sites like bizdustry. Bizdustry is a great forum where you can make money as a poster.

I'll just advise you return the funds since there was an agreement to do so to save yourself from the hassle and eventual loss. That's why you better follow the rule and have peace of mind.

I have had that happen with freelance work, yes. As as my wife. There is no good way to avoid it. You just have to plan for it. Don't spend all the money right away or at least make sure it is not money you need for something else.

I have had that happen with freelance work, yes. As as my wife. There is no good way to avoid it. You just have to plan for it. Don't spend all the money right away or at least make sure it is not money you need for something else.

You can make extra cash on bizdustry. All you need to do is stay active and post some great comments. I have been apart of this great project for an incredibly long time.

No, I haven't experienced that before in all my working experience so far. But if such happens I would immediately inform the person that I worked for with the proves, so we could meet the appropriate body to settle us. I won't sit back and worry.

This also has its disadvantages as well as the advantages, one of them is that you could be banned or sacked if they find out that your articles is not good enough or there are errors

I've never experienced this personally and even if I needs to have people I am working for sign a form that the money won't be charged back , this will only happen if it involved a serious sum of money. Not on a minute sum.

Well, there could be many ways to avoid this and I think that this could be avoided by offering high-quality products. I am quite sure that many successful companies like McDonald's rarely face such kind of situation and this is why they are successful.

Well, there could be many ways to avoid this and I think that this could be avoided by offering high-quality products. I am quite sure that many successful companies like McDonald's rarely face such kind of situation and this is why they are successful.
Okay I also thought as much. This is the only way out, when you are not offering quality products it may not be possible for you to avoid this situations and to be on the saver side that is what you must do. Thanks.

Okay I also thought as much. This is the only way out, when you are not offering quality products it may not be possible for you to avoid this situations and to be on the saver side that is what you must do. Thanks.

There are many people who tend to offer products that are not so good but the price of those products is also quite low. You may compromise on quality and get low-quality products for a cheaper price.

There are many people who tend to offer products that are not so good but the price of those products is also quite low. You may compromise on quality and get low-quality products for a cheaper price.
If I am building a business which I hope to have for a very long period of time, I do not think i would compromise with quality as this is very Paramount to the success of the brand you are building

If I am building a business which I hope to have for a very long period of time, I do not think i would compromise with quality as this is very Paramount to the success of the brand you are building

Well, you must never compromise on quality no matter what. There are many businesses that have lowered their quality and they have lost many customers. This also includes restaurants who have lowered the quality of food they used to serve.

Luckily enough I have not had anyone do a chargeback on me after I have completed work and received the funds for the work completed. It is always something that is in the back of my mind though, to be honest as you never know when it may happen and how many problems it may cause you in the long run. I would hate to think of the process that I would have to go through when a chargeback is done as I have friends that have had chargebacks done on them and they had a hard time winning their case.

That is true but this may not be the best in the sense that getting a low quality product will not serve the purpose for which the product was created for which will equally be a waste of time.

These problems happen often with offline jobs and many other problems that even you can not think of them, this is the biggest reason that I don't want to work offline anymore.

That is true but this may not be the best in the sense that getting a low quality product will not serve the purpose for which the product was created for which will equally be a waste of time.

This is exactly the main problem. There are many companies that do compromise on quality and they lose many customers as a result of that in the end.

This is exactly the main problem. There are many companies that do compromise on quality and they lose many customers as a result of that in the end.
I do not fully understand why people would be making such mistakes especially a company that is supposed to be trying to improve the quality of qhat they offer to their customers

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds