Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Has anyone worked as a home tutor?

Though tutoring is a good skill that needed to be nurtured and keep developing because you will keep gaining more and increase your knowledge from there but its very tiring most of the time.
Yes, only once a few years ago. Tutoring is a skill that can be learned and nurtured. However, despite your knowledge of the subject and your experience, tutoring can still be a draining and stressful job, especially when you are tutoring kids.

Advertisement Placeholder
I had worked as a private tutor for high school students when I was in college. It was my way of earning some money to augment my meager school allowance. Such hard times can force you to work. But looking back I am proud to say that i did some work even if it is not easy to tutor a high school student whose mind is blank.
This is hilarious, you get to tutor someone who has a slow learning ability it can prove to be a really frustrating adventure but in the end you will be proud that you impacted some knowledge to them.

This is hilarious, you get to tutor someone who has a slow learning ability it can prove to be a really frustrating adventure but in the end you will be proud that you impacted some knowledge to them.
Teaching someone with a poor learning ability might be frustrating at times because they don't pick whatever you are trying to impact on them very fast but with times they pick up

Teaching someone with a poor learning ability might be frustrating at times because they don't pick whatever you are trying to impact on them very fast but with times they pick up
That's among the reasons why you will to have a really high level of patience if you are planning on becoming a gone tutor for anyone, so you can be able to walk them through the processes without snapping out.

I have worked basically in so many areas as home tutor. A kind of job that I get from this kind of business is not encouraging in my area and that is why I stop doing it.

I have worked as home tutor for a very long time and I found the job very strenuous because the pay is not encouraging at all. I learnt that an home tutor job online is a very lucrative one.

Yeah, there are people who do tutor job/work at home, but regarding me I usually tutor people school not at home because I really have much time in school than at home.

Yeah, there are people who do tutor job/work at home, but regarding me I usually tutor people school not at home because I really have much time in school than at home.
I am a teacher by profession and I also work as an home tutor, home tutor is the best way to make money if you are tutoring in at least two to three different locations .

There are so many people that are doing it over here , but personally I do not like it because I don't even have interest for anything that has to do with teaching . I don't even have the interest to teach anyone .

There are so many people that are doing it over here , but personally I do not like it because I don't even have interest for anything that has to do with teaching . I don't even have the interest to teach anyone .
You are right , we have many people doing it around here in my neighbourhood because theres good payment attached to it and there's also some negative aspect of doing home turors , like a parent and student insulting the home tutors.

You are right , we have many people doing it around here in my neighbourhood because theres good payment attached to it and there's also some negative aspect of doing home turors , like a parent and student insulting the home tutors.
Student insulting the tutor shouldn't really be a point of consideration because as a home totur you should be able to organise and discipline in any child who is insultive.

I have worked as home tutor on several occasions. It is a readily available job in my country. It is so easy to find such jobs than to get a white collar job and that is what is very common in my home country.

Personally I have not been a home ttutor before but while I was still growing up, I had a tutor of whom my parents employed in other to help me with my academics after school it was a pleasure but I can't tell actually how it was.

There were times in which I took shot opportunities in order to tutor people who were finding it difficult in learning from home and it was an overall good experience but the pay was small.

Yes, I have worked offline as both a home tutor and school tutor which I usually get paid after every 3 weeks and if my tutors are performing well, some of there parents usually add a little token to my wages.

Yes, I have worked offline as both a home tutor and school tutor which I usually get paid after every 3 weeks and if my tutors are performing well, some of there parents usually add a little token to my wages.
Currently i ama working offline as a school tutor an I have also worked as an home tutor before which has given me more experience concerning home tutoring , and most student you tutors at home are average student which their parent want them to improve , so as a tutor ,you must be at your best.

Currently i ama working offline as a school tutor an I have also worked as an home tutor before which has given me more experience concerning home tutoring , and most student you tutors at home are average student which their parent want them to improve , so as a tutor ,you must be at your best.
Yes and some times sacrifice is needed to at least motivate you tutors so that they will improve there level of thinking and perform well in what you are tutoring them.

Yes and some times sacrifice is needed to at least motivate you tutors so that they will improve there level of thinking and perform well in what you are tutoring them.
There are some parents who are good at motivating their children home tutors simply because they knows the work is not easy and so they can be serious minded when teaching their children.

Yes I was once a home tutor. When I completed my high school education I had a group of like ten students who I couched them some math and physics in our home.
This is because i was good at these subjects while in school.
I was doing it willingly but not professionally.

Yes I was once a home tutor. When I completed my high school education I had a group of like ten students who I couched them some math and physics in our home.
This is because i was good at these subjects while in school.
I was doing it willingly but not professionally.
These are some of the engagement most school leavers usually engaged in to be able to keep themself busy,because just coming out from high school and waiting for admision into collage and instead of sitting idle,one will just have to do some voluntary work.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds