Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Has anyone worked as a home tutor?

I have never done it, so i dont have a personal experience but my sister once did home tutoring. And it can be quite stressful most times. The expect you to do wonders on their children in just a short period of time, some dont even pay on time
As long as you are very familiar with the subject that you want to teach people on it is actually very easy because the only thing you do is to impart the knowledge that you already have on others.

Advertisement Placeholder
As long as you are very familiar with the subject that you want to teach people on it is actually very easy because the only thing you do is to impart the knowledge that you already have on others.
That's true but who you are impacting it into has to be willing and ready to receive this knowledge, if not it might end up being a wasted effort

I have taught in a secondary school as well as in the university as well. It was simply entertaining for me to teach those that are bigger than myself and they listened.
That's a good way to increase your knowledge by teaching in secondary school , but have you taught as a home tutor before , I mean as a private tutor because that one also pays well most especially if you are teaching in different places.

Becoming a home tutor can be very profitable for some people especially school teachers. Some teachers complement it with their job and make extra income.
This is why a lot of people are very interested in becoming home tutors because they see it as a means of making extra money from the work they normally do.

That's true but who you are impacting it into has to be willing and ready to receive this knowledge, if not it might end up being a wasted effort
When it is not actually the problem of the person who is the home to tell if the person decides not to make use of the knowledge but what matters is that you have already tried your very best to impart the knowledge on them.

When it is not actually the problem of the person who is the home to tell if the person decides not to make use of the knowledge but what matters is that you have already tried your very best to impart the knowledge on them.
Exactly, but that is where the problem also lies, the parents would assume you are not doing your best or you simply can't teach, meanwhile in most cases it might even be the fault of the child.

I have never done it, so i dont have a personal experience but my sister once did home tutoring. And it can be quite stressful most times. The expect you to do wonders on their children in just a short period of time, some dont even pay on time
It is actually what a lot of people who are into the education sector as teachers do very well when it comes to making use of it as there another source of making money and it is very easy for them.

It is actually what a lot of people who are into the education sector as teachers do very well when it comes to making use of it as there another source of making money and it is very easy for them.
I won't actually say it's that easy though, or at least not for all of them. I know of a guy who is a maths teacher and also takes home lessons. He is currently taking five different homes, imagine working all day in school from Monday to Fridays then continue from one house to the other after school and during the weekends. But like you said, it's a source of income to them.

I haven't really worked as a home tutor and to be honest, this kind of job is not so common around here not that they don't exist as I have many a time seen those who are into this kind of business.
Most of the time they are actually teachers, and they go on with private lessons especially when parents or the students guardians demands it.

Currently i am working as an home tutor in three different places every weekend and i was introduced by one of my student to their parent and from There they started promoting me through word of mouth advertisement.

I have never done so I don't really have such experience, but is really a good job because I believe them pay very well for my own experience them make good money from home.

Currently i am working as an home tutor in three different places every weekend and i was introduced by one of my student to their parent and from There they started promoting me through word of mouth advertisement.
This is actually very good because once you are very good at what you do I believe that day will have to recommend you to a lot of families that are looking for those that will tutor their kids.

Lol still don't look at the woman the same way again, we are neighbors so anytime I see her sometimes I'm reminded of what happened and how it played out and I just shake my head
Some people actually find it very difficult to work in a teaching profession setup which is why they prefer to rather get employed and work and make money on monthly basis.

You are quite right , I have a friend that studied education course in the university and couldn't stand in front of people because he has Agoraphobia , the fear of open space , so he opt for a salary job.
Some people actually find it very difficult to work in a teaching profession setup which is why they prefer to rather get employed and work and make money on monthly basis.

You are quite right , I have a friend that studied education course in the university and couldn't stand in front of people because he has Agoraphobia , the fear of open space , so he opt for a salary job.
But these things can be overcome through a continuous learning process, your Friend could have overcome this by going to the classroom always, this is the only situation because it is not good for people to be like that.

i once took on a job to teach some kids some time back and i must say it was a new experience for me. tho it was not easy because the parents where not cooperating. they expected i gave them all my time when they dont even pay well and in most cases they dont pay at all. and they wanted their kids to become super smart overnight. Actually I haven't worked as an home tutor to get paid before I just did it because I felt the kids in the neighborhood were always disturbing so I gather them all with my younger ones and I taught them.

Seriously that is a very big problem for a lot of people because when you look at it and think that it is something that is not serious but on the other hand it is a very serious matter.

Teaching is actually a very good profession if you are very good at it and one thing that I love about it is that it doesn't take your whole day when you are in that field.

Teaching is one of the best profession in the world but it has not been appreciated by the government because they fails to realise the essence and the positive effect of the teachers in the world.

Teaching is one of the best profession in the world but it has not been appreciated by the government because they fails to realise the essence and the positive effect of the teachers in the world.
Personally, I have good reasons to believe that a lot of people who are into the teaching profession are also taken up the inside job of tutoring in order to make extra money.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds