Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Has anyone raised funds through crowdfunding?

yes crowdfunding is one of the easiest way to raise fund to start small a d even larger business I have several experience from my home country Nigeria.

Advertisement Placeholder
I never did that. But if i have my own game streaming platform I'll raise a crowd funding section around the app/version to seek for donations to pay gamers for their participation.

I am not a fan of all these collection funding though i don't understand what it means but i prefer to put my savings together by myself if i should need to raise money

There is this contribution group that i belong to if you want to take a loan from there all you haave to do is call two members of the group as your guarantors and then you can have the loan

I've tried using it recently but I have to ditch the idea because of some stuffs. It's possible that I might use it in the nearest future. Though I've seen the medium used for raising funds at my country.

Crowdfunding is one of the easy methods to raise funds for your business. Crowdfunding means you raise money by asking for donations. Crowdfunding is basically two types:

1. You do not have to pay back the people who donated
2. You have to provide some incentives to the donors

In order to raise money through crowdfunding, you will have to launch a crowdfunding campaign through crowdfunding sites. Some of the popular crowdfunding sites are:

1. GoFund
2. KickStarter
3. IndiGoGo

In order to launch a crowdfunding campaign and collect funds, you will have to pitch your idea through an article, images, and explainer video. You need to be as much authentic as you can. You need to add authenticity to your campaign by adding your social profile and website address.

Have you tried crowdfunding?
It's good you have brought this to our notice. I have not personally used the GoFundme support but in my country many people do make use of it to find their business and education or health.

I have used crowdfunding to fund myself and honestly, it's just wasted time unless you have good support and or the funds that you are trying to do is for people that really need it. For holidays and or household items that's where you just waste your time, your advert I should say stays up there until it expires or gets removed.

FOr that just get a job and earn the money to buy and donate and give away.

Crowd funding adventure online, is just like charitable scheme, where people donate out of sympathy to those feeling vulnerable. I think if ome got reasonable plan for such crowd funding format, then its wise to start it up.

Yes, but it wasn't really like a crowdfunding perse, we were 15 in number, we contributed a specific amount per month and picked numbers from 1-15. So each person collected the contributed funds each month end according to the number picked.
I've heard of crowd funding before but never knew it's already operating online. This must be a great innovation but my concern and challenge is with all these crowdfunding websites, I've not heard anybody acquire any fund from their before.

Yes, i managed to raise some money for a youth group in my home. They were doing a tree planting project, so i posted their venture on grow crowdfunding. People were impressed by the efforts of the guys and contributed very well to the project. At the moment the project is self-sustaining.

Concerning if anyone has raised money or funds through crowdfunding. Well, I would say that I just heard of what is called crowdfunding recently, I never knew what it was or how to go about it but it seems to be like a fund raising for people who have a business idea but do not have much capital.

Crowdfunding basically works on the level of trust people have on you and the kind of value you have impacted in them. I have personally not involved myself in any crowdfunding scheme before.
[automerge]1622500013[/automerge]
I have never tried it before and I really don't know much about it. I think I will make a little research about it and know exactly how it works. I'll be reading opinions here also.

Last edited:
I have actually seen a lot of people who have crowd funded many things like an expensive surgery, education or a business. Go fund me and fund Nigeria is the popular one here. But in case of business you need to have a very telling reason and convince people before they would want to donate to you. The beauty is you actually do not have to pay back these funds.
Crowd funding is a good way of raising fund to finance a particular project. It is a way some people used to setup businesses but I doubt if such activity is still existing. When it comes to money people tend to be very difficult to manage.

I don't think this is possible in my home country as most of the crowdfunding sites are not operational here (they don't support my home country), and there are no local crowdfunding sites

You can only be successful doing crowdfunding if you are a celebrity in the sense that people may not like to give money to a random person they really do not know.

I have heard if crowd funding, however, never knew what it is, how can we raise funds, and what can we do with the money raised from crowdfunding. This ia short but easy to follow tutorial. I will check the crowdfunding sites mentioned in the article and see if I can use them.
I have also heard about crowdfunding and I believe that most people that does this are very informed about the ways through which someone can be able to source for fund to start up any business and then they will be able to use that business to start a business and also pay some interest on it.

I think such things are for people in financial or health distress and would need some aid. People who open such account without these criteria are thiefs.

Personally I have never made use of this method but I have heard about it on various occasions, I think I have even seen some persons who where able to startup their business through this method, one I know very where had to make those who helped her raise the money her partners.

Personally I have never made use of this method but I have heard about it on various occasions, I think I have even seen some persons who where able to startup their business through this method, one I know very where had to make those who helped her raise the money her partners.
Well personally I don't really have much idea about it and I don't even know how they work, how are they able to give you the amount of money that you need in starting up a business ?

I have never for once raised money for anything using the crowdfunding technique before. I never knew if such type of funding systems actually. It seems to be something good from what I can perceive about it

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds