Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Giving things for free to accomodate bad customer support

True. Customer would only be happy with the services or quality of products is improved. Imagine giving out free product and still end up repeating the same issue
There are some that will still like the habit of you giving out products to them but sometimes this may be as a loss to business organisation especially if these customers are in large numbers. What if your product is expensive ?

Advertisement Placeholder
There are some that will still like the habit of you giving out products to them but sometimes this may be as a loss to business organisation especially if these customers are in large numbers. What if your product is expensive ?
First of all giving out product for free is a loss already, I mean who would pay for that goods. It's very unreasonable to do that. Never the best way

If I rendered bad customer service, I'll immediately replace it to avoid future regrets. Offering discount on next purchase is not a bad pitch, but what if the customer doesn't return to purchase because of the bad service I offered? I'll correct the mistake immediately!
Yes.
Offering discount on the next purchase would not be a bad idea.
This would make the customer feel compensated for the previous service.

If truly my customer representative is at fault, I can give out free things or offer discount on the next purchase or even allow replacement of the goods. It is better to treat customers well for more patronage and to avoid legal damages.

Bad customer today might turn to a good customer tommorow a because nobody nobody perfect and that's why we need to do our best in making them stay using all possible means.
The best time is whenever a customer contacts the office to express dissatisfaction with respect to products or services offered, do make sure to rectify the issues and award them discounts on their next purchase, all this for customer satisfaction and retention.

I think the best time to give free things to your customers is when the customers are showing attitude of dissatisfaction to your product or your company,so they wont have negative thought on your product.
[automerge]1638824146[/automerge]
I think the best time to give free things to your customers is when the customers are showing attitude of dissatisfaction to your product or your company,so they wont have negative thought on your product.

There are a lot of people that will see this as whitewashing and I also believe that it is not absolutely necessary. It depends on the gravity of the bad service and sometimes just making the customer to understand is enough.

Well just like lots of people have said. If the customer truly had the grounds to be dissatisfied because of a business error, perhaps handing out free stuff could be one way to solve the issue and be on the customer good side again.

There are a lot of people that will see this as whitewashing and I also believe that it is not absolutely necessary. It depends on the gravity of the bad service and sometimes just making the customer to understand is enough.
Well said, if this is done too much, some customers would definitely take advantage of this and start finding faults where there are none just so you can give them free things.

It depends on the customers behavior after receiving poor customer service. For someone that becomes extremely rude and arrogant, there is no need to go any extra mile
To make up for a bad customers services , giving out gift for customers to appreciate their support is the best way to make them to come back, most especially giving out gifts to customer in these festive season.

The freebie to appease the customer is common to restaurants here. When the customer experiences bad service like the food was not really good, the manager would offer the bill to be 50% or sometimes free depending on the amount of the bill. Bad service is common in eateries maybe because the workers are not fully trained.

This is not advisable cause two wrongs can't cover one mistake. So giving as a covering for a mistake isn't the best option. Doing that will make you use that as a medium for every wrong you make.

This is not advisable cause two wrongs can't cover one mistake. So giving as a covering for a mistake isn't the best option. Doing that will make you use that as a medium for every wrong you make.
I agree with you. It is not really advisable to always toe that path. Instead, work on the flaws of the business that usually makes customers to be dissatisfied with your goods or services.

Giving is a personal issue in business you don't have to give to impress your workers. Any employee that isn't serious in his business doesn't deserve any benefit.

You are going to have bad customers no matter how perfect your products maybe maybe. There is no point in giving something out free to the bad customer just to accommodate them. Because no matter what you do bad customer will still remain bad customer.

I believe this is still not necessary because you won't be able to give out free product of thousands of people are calling you out to help solve a particular problem or does that are calling to lay a complain ..you really have to promise them to improve your service with them that is all... It's won't be profitable

why should you compensate your bad customer support service with free products, why not built a better customer support. Giving away free products just because your support was bad is not good for your company.

In rare cases, you might need to offer products in order to avoid a bad rating from your customer and in order to make your customer happy so that you can retain them. Mistakes do happen and when mistakes happen, you must rectify them by sacrificing.

In rare cases, you might need to offer products in order to avoid a bad rating from your customer and in order to make your customer happy so that you can retain them. Mistakes do happen and when mistakes happen, you must rectify them by sacrificing.
Giving out bonus to customer is the way of appreciating them and imploring them to keep coming but the bonus must be once awhile and not everytime , and its also a means of rectifying mistakes.

Giving out bonus to customer is the way of appreciating them and imploring them to keep coming but the bonus must be once awhile and not everytime , and its also a means of rectifying mistakes.
It is a good thing to do. But you must also address the cause of such mistakes to prevent it from happening in the nearest future as most customers might not be pacified next time.

All complaints are similarly themed – something was supposed to happen that didn’t. A product doesn’t work, a repair person doesn’t show up as scheduled, an expectation wasn’t met. In any event, your client was inconvenienced or worse. By the time the problem is severe enough for the customer to contact you

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds