Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Giving things for free to accomodate bad customer support

When do you think it's necessary to give something for free to make up for bad customer service?
We had an experience with one of our client who was not satisfied with a package we delivered to her,then she sent in a video recordings of the products and a voicrecording at the baground,we had to apologise and gave her a very reduced delivery discount in her next purchase.

Advertisement Placeholder
An example of such situations would be a service provider having difficulties with network coverage for a few hours and then decide to compensate their users with talk time

A bad customer will always be a bad customer nothing you can do to appease them. Giving out for free or giving discounts may change some

Well if the company is the party that messed up the whole thing then trying to give free gift is a way of saying sorry

When do you think it's necessary to give something for free to make up for bad customer service?
I believe there should be an appointed time for gifting good customers even if you are always having good customer service, however if at a point you noticed that your customer support was bad with some customers, it is a wise thing for you to immediately assure them you will make it up to them and make sure you fulfill your promise as soon as possible. Most times good speech from you will cool them down.

I don't think it is advisable to keep customers complaint on bad support or even any negative review for so long. If possible it should be taken care of immediately before it spreads all over the internet which can bring down the reputation of the company or business. That is just my opinion.

Bad or good customer support because doing giveaway to your clients gives you a kind of good will intheir hear and book infact makes them recommend you more clients.

If I rendered bad customer service, I'll immediately replace it to avoid future regrets. Offering discount on next purchase is not a bad pitch, but what if the customer doesn't return to purchase because of the bad service I offered? I'll correct the mistake immediately!

Well, that can only be possible in most cases when it's a physical experience with a customer service representative. It wouldn't work so well with being attended to by online customer service representative.

Giving things out for free or doing promotion is a way by which businesses tend to stimulate demand for their goods and services.

Giving things for free to accommodate bad customers support isn't the way out. Let us know that the place of customer service support can never be underestimated.

In as much it is good to go give something for free to make up for bad customer services but it should not be encouraged. All necessary measures should be put in place to avoid similar occurrences in future.

A bad customer will always be a bad customer nothing you can do to appease them. Giving out for free or giving discounts may change some
The only way I would give out gift to a customer is when my staff mistreated the customer and in order to make up for what's done wrong to him, I will appease them with a gift.

Giving things for free to accommodate bad customer support is not a bad thing. It will make the customer feel the company is working towards an improvement.

It's why hiring competent people to work for you is very important because they will make your business grow more than fail. Imagine having to compensate your customers because your staff didn't give them good assistance.

Product can be given free if given out the product will not cost the company to loose anything just to encourage them,and also to promote the company then product can be given freely

Giving out something for free depends on the saturation and when you feel like to do so, especially when the customer complain about their product.

Yes, I believe that it is a good idea to compensate the customer with something when they feel that the customer support was bad. As far as I know, Walmart also gives free coupons and discount vouchers when they feel that the customer is really angry and needs to be compensated with something.

Giving out free products to accommodate bad customers have both advantages and disadvantages, it's will help you keep them and increase your sales but it's might end up affecting your business and if you don't continue they might start complaining

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds