Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Fraud in the banking system

Fraud in the banking System is very rampant in this contemporary time due to the fact that a lot of workers wants to make it big as soon as possible. Average workers now wants to live in his or her own mansion, ride an expensive car and importantly ensure that he meets up with what's in Vogue and this has been causing a negative effect to the banking sector.
I agree with you. It has been proven over time that some of the major bank fraud is linked to the one or more banks staffs. They have access to vital informations of customers and in most cases give this information to scammers and fraudsters.

Advertisement Placeholder
There are really so many bank fraud these days. I am really surprised when some people will still go ahead to give fraudsters their bank details even when the banks have warned against this. But the one that baffles me most is when I hear that some bank staffs do aid these fraudsters to commit this crime by providing them details of rich customers in their bank. Or they even carry it out themselves. I am not sure of this though.

It’s been known that scammers are able perpetrate banking securities and commit fraudulent acts. With the high involvement of technology in the new day banking systems, do you think it has contributed negatively than positively?

Hacking is a really big problem and there are many banks that have been dealing with this problem. The best way to deal is to play your part. never give over any kind of private information on the phone to anyone.

Despite the rising incidences of fraud perpetrated in the banking sector, I still believe the advantages of technology in banking still outweighs the disadvantages. If one is careful and abides by all security measures while doing banking transactions, the cases of banking fraud will be greatly reduced.

There are a lot of fraud in the banking sector namely:
1. Deceased Account: The account officer in charge such account normal draws the money gradually if no next kin is forthcoming.

2. ATM Reversal: There are unresolved rehearsal which people neglect and the IT department will sit on it.
It's so funny on how true this is. Exactly what most banks does. The reversal issue is getting out of hand, you to the customer care to complain and they'll play it down

Despite the rising incidences of fraud perpetrated in the banking sector, I still believe the advantages of technology in banking still outweighs the disadvantages. If one is careful and abides by all security measures while doing banking transactions, the cases of banking fraud will be greatly reduced.
If I may ask what security measures does one need to take? Most of all these fraudulent activities going on today are done by bank personals, they look for ways to gain the trust of unsuspecting customers to steal from them. What do you think can be done about this?

Yeah I think so many fraud that have happened within the banking system ,there are so many type of bank frauds and we the customers needs to be careful and we need to keep our details more secretive ,so we are not scammed

IN my home county, a couple of weeks ago, a fraudster sent an email to central bank and all commercial banks threatening to steal money and this created a panic in the banking sector. Thankfully, it was just a prank.

Well there is fraud every where and banks are not an exception and so there is corruption there too because it is human beings that are actually working there too and they can change

In my own view, i believe a scammer cannot just hack your visa or master card details without the help of the bankers because most of the banking system too is corrupted , they sometimes deducts money from customer for no reason.
But I believe technology in the banking system was done to make banking easier for customers

With the involvement of new Day technology in the banking system, the rate of fraud has increased dramatically, and the truth is that, most of the scammers have insiders who work with them.

It's so funny on how true this is. Exactly what most banks does. The reversal issue is getting out of hand, you to the customer care to complain and they'll play it down
I remember sometime ago I was debited for a failed transaction. Despite lodging several complaints both online and in person, the money hasn't been refunded till now.

It’s been known that scammers are able perpetrate banking securities and commit fraudulent acts. With the high involvement of technology in the new day banking systems, do you think it has contributed negatively than positively?
It is as though the criminals have been able to devise a means to overthrow the technology.
Recently, an ATM stand of a newly situated bank around a university was hijacked by bandits.
I do not know if the bandits have been caught with all the security systems we have.

With the involvement of new Day technology in the banking system, the rate of fraud has increased dramatically, and the truth is that, most of the scammers have insiders who work with them.
You have actually said it all. There is a bank in my area, there have been lots of complains about their ATM machines. People claim that during the weekends most customers have had issues of the ATM machines seizing their cards. By the time they come on Monday to retrieve it, they have whipped all the money in their accounts.

Bank fraud is caused by greedy and dishonest employees, not by technological flaws. Money has been stolen from banks and the CCTV camera records have been deleted, indicating a clear inside job.

Most banks in my country are trying to charge customers unreasonably and it is something that you can truly stop because all we have an excuse for always deducting money from your account.

I remember sometime ago I was debited for a failed transaction. Despite lodging several complaints both online and in person, the money hasn't been refunded till now.
Sometimes I wonder, In this case what should be done. Should you go back home and accept the loss or make more complaint which is likely gonna fall on deaf ears

Sometimes I wonder, In this case what should be done. Should you go back home and accept the loss or make more complaint which is likely gonna fall on deaf ears
Well, I think you should make a complaint via official channels and hope for positive resolution. Even while filing these kind of complaints, one should be careful to avoid being defrauded by scammers online who might pose as bank officials.

Well, I think you should make a complaint via official channels and hope for positive resolution. Even while filing these kind of complaints, one should be careful to avoid being defrauded by scammers online who might pose as bank officials.
Thanks for the advice. I believe complaining on social media and tagging regulatory agencies such as CBN or EFCC would yield positive results

Thanks for the advice. I believe complaining on social media and tagging regulatory agencies such as CBN or EFCC would yield positive results
I think so because most banks and financial institutions would not want regulatory bodies like the CBN to be inundated with complaints by customers.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds