Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Fraud in the banking system

Not until this new online bank came up I never knew that banks also involve in fraud, especially in sms,debit and credit fraud,some time the chargea when they are not suppos to

Advertisement Placeholder
The involvement of technology in the banking system has obviously caused a lot of positive changes to the banking system in my country. Off not because of these high tech systems, we would have been hearing worse news than this today

Most times scammers are only able to access our bank account based on the information we have provided for them or we have leak on the internet, we have to be guided that we do not provide all necessary information publicly

It is also an important fact to know that some bank staffs themselves are part of the fraud happening in the banks that we're talking about. Some have been caught in the past and prosecuted for it also

It’s been known that scammers are able perpetrate banking securities and commit fraudulent acts. With the high involvement of technology in the new day banking systems, do you think it has contributed negatively than positively?
I believe everything that have advantage also have disadvantage, modern technology has really cause harm in the banking sector but it has also make transactions easy without going through stress

Not until this new online bank came up I never knew that banks also involve in fraud, especially in sms,debit and credit fraud,some time the chargea when they are not suppos to
May I know your country and can you give the names of the banks that commit fraud against their clients? In our country the banker is the most respected when it comes to finances. The bank is also the flagship of the economy. I don't think they will defraud people of their money.

With the adoption of internet by banks to make their operations smoother and fast it has come with attendant risks of fraud,this has made the banks to be investing huge sums in the IT department.

The bank is a place where one can be scamed and they get away with it. I once tried withdrawing 7k from an ATM. I was debited but wasn't paid, I went to the bank followed all necessary protocols and I'm still yet to get my money

Thing is, everything that has an advantage has a disadvantage, the online banking system with its numerous advantage but it's disadvantage that it can lead to cyber fraud but it can be prevented by having two factor authentication

It’s been known that scammers are able perpetrate banking securities and commit fraudulent acts. With the high involvement of technology in the new day banking systems, do you think it has contributed negatively than positively?
To me, it has contributed negatively because keeping money inside your bank account never appreciate after some time is read of it to appreciate it depreciated so I don't trust bank anymore I guess.

Talking about high involvement of technology in the banking system have is own advantage and disadvantage, I believe it has cause a lot of negative impression but we should also know it has make transactions easy

Yes I think it has caused a lot of bankruptcy in the banking system cos if the banks had noy involve the internet in their system..people's funds will be save .
I have been in the banking service for a very long time now but I have not experienced any banking fraud or disruptions in the services that they are arranging to me and I am so glad for that.

But I believe technology in the banking system was done to make banking easier for customers
Yes this was exactly the reason for introducing technology into the banking system. But as usual everything that has an advantage also has a disadvantage. Most persons have capitalized on this aspect and have started using it for various fraudulent activities.

Yeah exactly because there are usually some charges that customers have no way of complaining successfully, I think the problem lies on the lack of transparency and accountability on their part

Banking fraud is normally used by scammers to steal and also scam peoples money right from their account, they do that whenever they have access to your ATM card pin.

Banking fraud is normally used by scammers to steal and also scam peoples money right from their account, they do that whenever they have access to your ATM card pin.
This is something that is so common in my country Nigeria right now as there are some situations where by you found out that money is been deducted from your account and this is as a result of scammers having insiders in bank who are working with them to defraud People.

Truth is with the level of investment that banks and other financial institutions puts into their IT security it's almost impossible for fraudsters to penetrate their firewalls without insiders help either consciously or unconsciously. Although there have been cases of top hackers bypassing these firewalls without any help, but that's usually rare. The fraud issue has contributed negatively to bank balance sheet as they keep refunding customers lost fund in order not to lose customers patronage.
Infact I know a banks staff that was arrested. He was secreting deducting customers money without anybody knowing because amount is very small. Imagine ducting between 1 to 5naira from thousand of accounts every week.

I believe that no matter how much the news of hacking of banking systems is being reported technology has helped the bank far more than the downside of it.

In my country here, even some bank officials are thieves, they leak information to scammers and later divide the profit they made. Imagine what happened in a bank here, armed robbers came to steal and even before they could gain access I to the bank, some guys working in the bank were caught on CCTV looting the bank funds and carted away with it unaware they were been recorded by secret CCTV. I don't trust most of those guys.

Technology alway have is negative and positive side, to some extent it has cause more harm than good but it has make life easy, where you can make transaction anywhere you are

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds