Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever had a difficult client?

Draysongz

The influencer
Credits
There's no doubt, that among your numerous number of clients, there will be one who is very stubborn and difficult. Handling them can be difficult, even though they are trouble itself. How do you manage them without offending them. Preferably share your experience with a difficult client.

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes, I'll share my experience; I sell kitchen appliances and they have a 1 year warranty, so a customer calls me after a year demanding for his warranty, sounding so rude and confrontational, I simply told him the terms and conditions of the warranty and told him I'll give him a discount off the repairs.
And I ended the call.
There's no doubt, that among your numerous number of clients, there will be one who is very stubborn and difficult. Handling them can be difficult, even though they are trouble itself. How do you manage them without offending them. Preferably share your experience with a difficult client.

One of the features of a successful business is handling customers' objection. Amongst the customers of a business, a business might encounter one or two customers with strange and stubborn attitude. The next thing is not to chase such customers away, they might even be the ones that bring more sales to the company.
So in order to manage them, one has to put up with them as the saying goes that customer is king.
Find a way to listen to them at least even if what they are asking for is unreasonable

In as much as every fibre in you will say you should ignore him or her, that doesn't seem to be the way to go in handling such types of difficult client. If you do not handle that clients matter with wisdom, you might loose more than just that client among your clients

I have hard difficulty client like 3 of them, one of my major problems is the client that patronize me well but he is rude and but in credit every month end, then pay half or full or nothing at all at the end of the next month... We hard to call him 7 days to the end of the month to beg him to reserve some money for his dept.

Am not a business personality now and I don't have any issue to to do with difficult client that is why if I want to go into any type of business i will arrange my business in a way that no matter how difficult a client might be it will not affect me in any way, I'll just give them their way and move on

I worked at a store that sold used appliances and repaired them. With most of our stuff, we offered a pretty robust guarantee. One older gentlemen, however, misunderstood what was protected by our guarantee. The door on his washing machine had been broken by some of his grandkids, and he wanted us to pay for the repairs. The warranty was not legally covered by that.
I tried to clarify our warranty specifics first. But—he got angry easily. I told him that we would do whatever we reasonably could to help him with his situation, instead of demanding that he stick to the warranty letter. I realized that we might not be able to fix his computer for free—so I gave him a voucher for a generous repair discount. After that, he settled down. A couple of months later,He came back to our store, and he specifically asked to speak to me because he remembered how well I had handled that previous situation.

When a client gets to overbearing the best thing to do is to let them go. I think business owners need to learn that losing one customer isn't going to wreck the business. Yeah I have had to deal with some, even after laying out all the benefit , they still don't see reason. The best thing to do is to let them go.

Yes, have had to deal with so many situations involving overbearing customers. There was once a time when I worked as a clerk in an organization, so I had this particular customer that wanted to make some transactions just because I didn't greet him cause I had a customer right in front of me before he came in this man rained insults on me, said all manner of things I just kept quiet because some things are rather not said.

During my time working at a furniture company as a sales representative, I encountered a difficult client that is always harsh in his mannerism and way of conversing with anyone. I was showing him a sitee and telling him how good and unique the chair is but he flared up and told me that I am trying to deceive him, it was not funny that day. So the result of that obvious bad character display towards me was that I started running from attending to him instead letting someone else attend to him.

A difficult client is one that place more demand on the customers. He is one that actually puts you in your toes. A difficult client is a blessing in disguise. He seeks out things that normally one will not put his mind towards or think of. There is no difficult client that cannot be won over, you need to know what he wants and ways to improve your business.

The client sometimes could be difficult to understand they change their minds often when they wanted to. Of course, they are clients but they don't know the hardship of their counterpart. So at least they should understand when you say final and I hope it's final.

From my experience with customer service point during my previous jobs, customers are naturally stubborn. It's only one out of the fist 20 that will be neutral and make working very easier for you. The most painful part is after everything, they will say I will get back to you.

Indeed, you are right. Even if they are stressful, they should be calmed down or approached properly so that everything between the client and service provider. It really takes a long time to be patient in such a situation, if you need to extend, extend more, because the bottomline, it is still a client, they need to be given a good service, do everything to convince them of what we want to convey to them.

Yes..... I had experienced lots of them. There was the particular woman I once attended to, nothing I did to impressed her. I used all the tactics that I know of but still she was too stubborn. What I did, I refunded her, her money so that I will have peace of mind. That was she stopped patronizing us but I'm not regretting it at all.

I once Worked for a company which is majorly an e-commerce and I could remember that there was a time we ran a promo whereby you have to enter the promo code before you can benefit from the promo on the website. He placed an order and was expecting that he was going to pay at the promo discount but he could not because he did not apply the promo code,he came down to the office and getting annoyed, he asked why he had to pay full cost on delivery. but during the aggressive section of the customer, you do not reply him or respond to him but you try to listen carefully and apologize to him then you let him know that you're ready to work with him to sort all problems and by this i was able to listen carefully and solved the problem by giving him the same discount on the promo and giving him another discount on his next purchase, this customer has been referring others as well due to the great customer service.

I work in a call centre taking calls from the public about tax enquiries so you can imagine the number of people who call with steam coming out their ears wanting to pick a fight! However, one man I dealt with was insistent on us doing the impossible by sending him a letter immediately

One of the features of a successful business is handling customers' objection. Amongst the customers of a business, a business might encounter one or two customers with strange and stubborn attitude.

I am teacher by profession and definitely my students are my clients. It is the toughest to handle primary level students because this age is of non understanding soon. So I alwsys treat with them in a humble manner and with love and patience.

I work in a call centre taking calls from the public about tax enquiries so you can imagine the number of people who call with steam coming out their ears wanting to pick a fight! However, one man I dealt with was insistent on us doing the impossible by sending him a letter immediately
Seriously call center agents are the one's who suffer the most abuse from customers. Even when they are trying so much to help solve the problem with which the customer called, they will get abused on top it and the annoying part is that you can't react.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds