Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General What's your biggest webmaster struggle?

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Cedric

Ex-Captain Junkie
Retired Staff
1702907471526.png
We all know that the path from opening a website, running it, to effectively managing it isn't always a smooth one. In fact, it's often filled with hurdles, challenges, and unexpected twists and turns. So, let's get personal and talk about the struggle stuff.

I'm curious to hear from all of you – what has been your biggest struggle, whether it's a current battle you're facing or something you've overcome in the past? We've all been through it, and sharing our experiences can be incredibly enlightening and even comforting for others in the same boat.

Maybe it was the technical side of things that had you pulling your hair out, like dealing with server crashes or coding nightmares. Hence why some opt for a cloud based solution. Or perhaps you found the world of SEO and digital marketing to be an enigma that still keeps you up at night. Getting it off the ground and active. Maybe it's the constant challenge of keeping your content fresh and engaging, or even dealing with difficult clients and users.

Whatever it is, your struggles are valid, and there's a wealth of knowledge and support within this community. So, let's discuss, share, and help each other out. Who knows, you might just find that the solution to your problem is just a forum post away.

So, what's been your biggest webmaster struggle, and how did you tackle it? Let's talk it out!

My websites have small traffic, mostly referral traffic, and small revenue. Generating a lot of organic traffic and revenue are my biggest struggles.

My websites have small traffic, mostly referral traffic, and small revenue. Generating a lot of organic traffic and revenue are my biggest struggles.
I would point out that a lack of organic traffic and revenue are consequences, but that's not the root of your problem.

The root of your problem is more likely:
- articles that are not authoritative or not well ranked for search engines
- not enough articles or not enough coverage of long tail keywords
- not enough promotion of content
Etc.

The difference is what you control versus what you don't control.

I would have to say the worst and hardest more than anything is able to grow and get the traffic to the site, and worse of all keeping those active members that are willing to be active and love being there. I have so many people said that they love what they see and what it offers and yet they become dead and never log back in hahaha

Hard to keep with the blogs and new content, getting someone to do it is not to bad if you pay for it, but that is not often enought

I would have to say the worst and hardest more than anything is able to grow and get the traffic to the site, and worse of all keeping those active members that are willing to be active and love being there. I have so many people said that they love what they see and what it offers and yet they become dead and never log back in hahaha

Hard to keep with the blogs and new content, getting someone to do it is not to bad if you pay for it, but that is not often enought
Definitely agree. Even more nowadays than before. Gaining traffic is very hard nowadays. It all comes to having unique content, unique services, perks, etc. A reason for people to come to you and not your competition.

My biggest struggle is getting more activity and more members to join my forums. Though I also need to work more on adding new content to some of my communities, and it's something I'm going to definitely work on next year.

Having actively posting members is a struggle for me. I'm sure I could do more, such as create more fresh content or put on contests of some sort, but I'm usually either fresh out of ideas or don't even have the motivation to think of the ideas. However, I have a resource board and people are mainly attracted to the resources, and the general discussion areas aren't the focal point of the forum, so I suppose as long as people log in then I at least have interest in the primary aspect of my forum.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds