Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ethics or profits?

Many investors are not even aware of the fraudulent activities of the business they invested in, they just would like to know how much profit belongs to them, this is another motivator for those that carry out fraudulent activities in their conpanies
Exactly, they don't care about that part. And even when some would find out, they won't mind, as long as they can make their profit, they would still work with such companies hence promoting the activities of the company

Advertisement Placeholder
Companies who claims to be ethical, often have ethics only in their words, not in action. Business is done with the aim of producing maximum profits whereas ethics is about what is right and wrong.

Ethics firstly before profits in my opinion. The two should go hand in hand but one must not be neglected for the other. As a good businessman, the code of conduct that guides your niche or sector should be strictly adhered to so that you'll not be penalized

Ethics is a norm I'm being groomed. Both profit and ethics go hand in hand. I cannot entertain any employee or even work for an employer who doesn't hold neutral ethics in high esteem.

Companies who claims to be ethical, often have ethics only in their words, not in action. Business is done with the aim of producing maximum profits whereas ethics is about what is right and wrong.
I completely agree with you, majority of our companies and business owners today are hypocrites, they are simply after the money, and are willing to do whatever it takes to get this. Have you had a run in with such companies before?

Adherence to ethics is a very important concept in business and it helps a company or organization to have credibility. However, most businesses disregard ethical values in order to make profit by all means.

An ethical approach aims to ensure the employees act responsibly in putting ethical considerations before profits. Considering the implications of their actions on staff, suppliers, community and the world. It encourages staff to be sensitive to their community, always do the right thing, and behave morally fairly and honestly. Such a policy will seep into the culture of the company and help staff select the correct course of action in any given situation. Good business ethics are sometimes required by law, and will create trust and public acceptance in the market place for the company which will reflect the culture and philosophy of the company.
Imbibing good ethics in business is of great benefit to a business because it helps promote its reputation in the face of the public.
It is needful to put good ethics foremost even in our bid to make profits every day.

Ethics is very important in a business because it bring good profit in a business more people in their business them put ethics first before profit.

Well I think both are actually very important and that they should be put into consideration because good ethics can actually lead one to a actually making good profits

I have never given up and will never give up ethics to make profits. I want to make money in the ethical way. I do not want to do anything that will embrass me in my old age.

For your business to be successful one you need to set a good standard for it, as a business owner you need to put ethnic first in your business before profit, because that keep your business going.

I have not imagined a scenario where you should have to choose between the two because they are equally important. You should have good ethics because it boost productivity and then profits.
We are all in the business to make profit and expand , so in order to acheive our aims and objectives, I don't think following ethics can makes sales and gain for us, so i am going for the profit.

Ethics firstly before profits in my opinion. The two should go hand in hand but one must not be neglected for the other. As a good businessman, the code of conduct that guides your niche or sector should be strictly adhered to so that you'll not be penalized
That is right. Adhering to business ethics will prevent you from being penalized. The good thing with sticking with ethics is that it will enable you to earn profits without any trouble.

Ethics in business is very important, it allows people transact with a clean mind . There are some traders who are very dishonest they will sale fake or inferior items to an unsuspecting buyer. If they were morally inclined they wouldn't do that
One of the virture a good business person should possess is doing business with intergrity.It gives customers a relaxed mind when doing and transacting business with a business owner.it will also help the credibility of the business.

Business face conflict between profits and ethics because following the ethical behavior to achieve ethical objectives increases expenses, and greater cost mean lower profits for the business, and without decent reputation, profitability is most likely to decrease threatening the survival of the business.

Both the ethics and profit are important in business but when it comes to which one is better and must come first then i will choose ethics because this is what will make you interact with clean mind.

I agree that both of these things are important in any kind of business. Many people overlook the importance of ethics and focus only on making profits. They eventually fail to gain trust of their customers.

In the workplace, ethics is critical. It assists people in acting in a consistent manner and displaying high morality. It is critical because high employee ethics will have a favorable impact on your business/organization. A personnel with poor ethics can ruin a firm and negatively affect turnouts.

As much as it's very important to make profit from your business, if your business lack ethics, the profit making isn't going to give dignity to your business.

An ethical approach aims to ensure the employees act responsibly in putting ethical considerations before profits. Considering the implications of their actions on staff, suppliers, community and the world. It encourages staff to be sensitive to their community, always do the right thing, and behave morally fairly and honestly. Such a policy will seep into the culture of the company and help staff select the correct course of action in any given situation. Good business ethics are sometimes required by law, and will create trust and public acceptance in the market place for the company which will reflect the culture and philosophy of the company.
I don't really care much about profits where ethics are neglected because the profits wouldn't save you the embarrassing experience lack of ethics would cost your business.

Most business owners and staffs operate without conscience. All they think about is to fill their pocket so they don't care about ethics. To me, there's a way where you can operate on ethics and still make lots of profit

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds