Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ethics or profits?

I think ethics in a business environment is very important because this will definitely help the employees to know their limit. It's a good idea as far as am concerned and it will also help the company grow more

Advertisement Placeholder
most people in their business they put their business ethics first before profit while others do not have business ethics the only put profit first but that's a good business owner you must put ethics first before profit because that keeps the Goodwill of the business.
Well said, and it also gives the business a good name and image. Alot of persons forget about this part and only reason the profits. The image of the company or business also matters alot as well.

Both the ethics and profit are important in business but when it comes to which one is better and must come first then i will choose ethics because this is what will make you interact with clean mind.

In this way you can even kill two birds with the same stone in the sense that if you should build a strong environment around ethics it means that people do their job which will in turn bring you more Profit.

Ethic very important when you are planning to build a business that will stand the test of time which you can pass from one generation to another. Also you need profit in order to expand your business to the next level.

Both ethics and profit is very important for any business and of course any business that considers ethics first will definitely have passionate employees which will generate profit for the business.

I have worked on a variety of superiors. Some have the ethics on the top of agenda and some are for profits. I think the difference lies on the objective of the business owner or manager. There's a business I know that the owner wanted business ethics but the manager's priority is the profitability.

For me you should try to have a balance between these two, they both play major role in business growth, without them it is impossible to grow.

In all human endeavours there are ethics to abide by, in law, medicine, business and so on. This makes the right thing to be done so as to make sure nobody is short changed.

The Bible says a good name is better than silver and Gold. Maintaining Good ethics is required and vital to achieving true success. While the other one can fetch illicit profit, it is bad and the person is subjected to crime.

Ethics is actually a course in business management, to curb and expose to business enthusiasts and enterpreneurs that rigging and finding illegal means of making money always bounces back on the business.

I have travelled far and wide within my nation and I see how people do their business with ethical standards. Ethics should always come first, you will definitely make your profit at the long run.

Ethics is actually a course in business management, to curb and expose to business enthusiasts and enterpreneurs that rigging and finding illegal means of making money always bounces back on the business.
True, it would affect the image of the business. If it does not affect it on the early stage, it would surely affect it later on, it's always good for a business to have good ethics.

Ethics is concerned with what is good for individuals and society and is also described as moral philosophy,profit is a financial benefit that is realized when the amount of revenue gained from a business activity exceeds the expenses, costs and taxes.

True, it would affect the image of the business. If it does not affect it on the early stage, it would surely affect it later on, it's always good for a business to have good ethics.
But there are many businesses that run with the idea of fraudulent activities to make more profits, what do you think can be done to curb this

But there are many businesses that run with the idea of fraudulent activities to make more profits, what do you think can be done to curb this
Personally I think this cannot be stopped as many business would still go into these activities just so they can make profit I believe there can only be change to some extent only if The individuals stop investing or going to these businesses carrying out these activities.

Even though the sole aim of doing a business is to make profit. I think ethic's should be talked about in business because it will make a business grow more in ant business environment

Personally I think this cannot be stopped as many business would still go into these activities just so they can make profit I believe there can only be change to some extent only if The individuals stop investing or going to these businesses carrying out these activities.
Many investors are not even aware of the fraudulent activities of the business they invested in, they just would like to know how much profit belongs to them, this is another motivator for those that carry out fraudulent activities in their conpanies

An ethical approach aims to ensure the employees act responsibly in putting ethical considerations before profits. Considering the implications of their actions on staff, suppliers, community and the world. It encourages staff to be sensitive to their community, always do the right thing, and behave morally fairly and honestly. Such a policy will seep into the culture of the company and help staff select the correct course of action in any given situation. Good business ethics are sometimes required by law, and will create trust and public acceptance in the market place for the company which will reflect the culture and philosophy of the company.
But I don't see anything related to profit here... Ethics helps to ensure discipline is instill and this activate trust and also acceptability at the public...

But I don't see anything related to profit here... Ethics helps to ensure discipline is instill and this activate trust and also acceptability at the public...
It is good to be ethical and not to only chase profit because when you are ethical people respect your personality and you have a good personality in the public.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds