Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Employees' deontology

Ethics are the good habits to live in society and achieve a healthy and balanced coexistence among people. In other words, "Professional ethics consists of a set of norms and values that govern the actions of workers in an organization". In order for employees to fulfill their duties in the performance of their functions, what are the rules that apply in the development of a company in terms of principles and values?
When it comes to the issue of organisational structure and criteria for acheiving success in a firm,there are general rules that applies to all organisation.Like setting out mechanism for accomplishing set goals in line with the mission of the organisation and the vision in general.But the approach and methods may differ.If they place high primium on value for excellence and they found out that it is by effcient,seasoned and qualified peersonel,then they will invest in human capacity training and building,Here a company will choose the most appropriate criteria to arrive at their set goals,and that will be their own principle,

Advertisement Placeholder
When it comes to the issue of organisational structure and criteria for acheiving success in a firm,there are general rules that applies to all organisation.Like setting out mechanism for accomplishing set goals in line with the mission of the organisation and the vision in general.But the approach and methods may differ.If they place high primium on value for excellence and they found out that it is by effcient,seasoned and qualified peersonel,then they will invest in human capacity training and building,Here a company will choose the most appropriate criteria to arrive at their set goals,and that will be their own principle,
Let me say that I loved your publication. Excellent! and it goes without saying that you are right, "the approach and methods" in itself differs from one company to another. So I described "what are the rules that apply in the development of a company in terms of principles and values" this in general terms and not focused on a particular company.

Let me say that I loved your publication. Excellent! and it goes without saying that you are right, "the approach and methods" in itself differs from one company to another. So I described "what are the rules that apply in the development of a company in terms of principles and values" this in general terms and not focused on a particular company.
Development in parspective is bringing or nurturing something into maturity.And that is what every firm that is desirious of growth would do,with the a mirror of their mission statemen in focus.Lets take for example a company that wants to pride itself as completing projects on schedule with zero manhour loss time,they will definitely put out a rule and strict guiding principle with adherance to safety and pre job strategy on the most appropriate things to do to accomplish that task.Then safety becomes part of their value which in turn a value for human lives and a healthy workman means we save time and complete jobs on shedule.same goes for journey management route.You follow the prescribe journey route to arrive your destination.These are principles,they form the most appropriate solution to a problem,and they form the core value system of a company.

Ethics and blues are very important guiding principles we cannot do without in any sane society. How much more when you're talking about an organisation. Without it, the organization have no bearing

I do no care about ethics and morality in the working staff. All I care is the performance. You should be a job provider, and not a moral police. As long as the employee deliver what is assigned to him, his moral standing should not bother me.
You might not know the implication of the comment you are making here until one of your employee started receiving bribe to sell off some of the assets of your company.

That is where you will know that a good moral is part of things you should look for when you are applying people.

Ethics are the good habits to live in society and achieve a healthy and balanced coexistence among people. In other words, "Professional ethics consists of a set of norms and values that govern the actions of workers in an organization". In order for employees to fulfill their duties in the performance of their functions, what are the rules that apply in the development of a company in terms of principles and values?
In our country we have a subject good manners and right conduct. Its just a subject that students learn how to be polite, etc. I think I was in high school when I was taught about this subject. Men are taught to walk on the danger side when they are walking with women. We were taught also that the women is the first to go up the stairs of the public transportation but the men should be the first to go down the stairs of the public transportation.

There are different codes of conduct that guides human conduct in an organization. But in general, as an employee in an organization, its just important to be diligent, hardworking and be productive to the company one is working for

Development in parspective is bringing or nurturing something into maturity.And that is what every firm that is desirious of growth would do,with the a mirror of their mission statemen in focus.Lets take for example a company that wants to pride itself as completing projects on schedule with zero manhour loss time,they will definitely put out a rule and strict guiding principle with adherance to safety and pre job strategy on the most appropriate things to do to accomplish that task.Then safety becomes part of their value which in turn a value for human lives and a healthy workman means we save time and complete jobs on shedule.same goes for journey management route.You follow the prescribe journey route to arrive your destination.These are principles,they form the most appropriate solution to a problem,and they form the core value system of a company.
At this point you highlight and clarify the issue, "establish a rule and a strict guiding principle with compliance" What should exist in all companies, which are the rules and principles to fully realize their projects and goals. In fact the above is applicable to all the personnel that makes life within it.
Ethics and blues are very important guiding principles we cannot do without in any sane society. How much more when you're talking about an organisation. Without it, the organization have no bearing
You are direct and transparent when you describe that "we cannot do without ethics and morals in any sane society". This applies in our daily lives, inside and outside any establishment and in any organization. Thus demonstrating the importance of business ethics.
In our country we have a subject good manners and right conduct. Its just a subject that students learn how to be polite, etc. I think I was in high school when I was taught about this subject. Men are taught to walk on the danger side when they are walking with women. We were taught also that the women is the first to go up the stairs of the public transportation but the men should be the first to go down the stairs of the public transportation.
As far as I know, this is a subject of total importance worldwide, it allows us to interact with any person in a respectful way and with good manners, which allows us to reach agreements and close business deals.

You should also remember that your workers also serve as ambassadors of your business or company. So it would be nice you make sure they follow good morals and ethics. Their performance indeed matters alot but an employee must make sure his or workers not just get the work done, but in the right way. Cause any action taken by your worker would be seen as an action taken by the company
[automerge]1622904166[/automerge]

Very true, your morality does not matter when it comes to your ability to get the work done. But where it comes to play is the image of rhe company. I have seen a case where a friend of mine lost a contract even with his high performance. And the reason was the fact that they heard some rumors about him, and the company does not want to be dragged into it. Same way most celebrities loose endorsements once a rumor or some indecent news comes up
These are what and what an employee should do and the way and April you should carry his ourselves and he's working place.

An employee is not a professional employee if he cannot learn to mix being moral with office work and the organisations of each person's ought to show them the way

An employee is not a professional employee if he cannot learn to mix being moral with office work and the organisations of each person's ought to show them the way
Very well expressed @Grandeur , one must know how to carry morale intertwined with work in a company. I think that is what demonstrates professionalism in any position that is performed. The employee represents the company, no matter how insignificant their duties may seem.

Good ethics in business is very compulsory. it speaks well of the organisation or the business and therefore it's made the turn up to the business highly recommended

I believe that employee bullying should be stopped. I have experienced this myself and I cannot tolerate this behavior. The only reason why I stop myself from getting in a fight is because I do not want the company managers to think bad about me. However, this does not mean that the person who is bullying me has the right to do whatever he wants.

Good ethics in business is very compulsory. it speaks well of the organisation or the business and therefore it's made the turn up to the business highly recommended
When employees perform and comply with the company's ethics, the company reflects a good image and is as you describe. The business is recommended by many and in turn, potential customers will come.
I believe that employee bullying should be stopped. I have experienced this myself and I cannot tolerate this behavior. The only reason why I stop myself from getting in a fight is because I do not want the company managers to think bad about me. However, this does not mean that the person who is bullying me has the right to do whatever he wants.
In your case you must appeal to the norms and values that exist within the company, there is always an employment contract that contains the clauses and conditions. You must stick to them and use them when you need them. You must not accept intimidation from any employee or employer, and for that you must use the rules and regulations.

Last edited:
You should also remember that your workers also serve as ambassadors of your business or company. So it would be nice you make sure they follow good morals and ethics. Their performance indeed matters alot but an employee must make sure his or workers not just get the work done, but in the right way. Cause any action taken by your worker would be seen as an action taken by the company
[automerge]1622904166[/automerge]

Very true, your morality does not matter when it comes to your ability to get the work done. But where it comes to play is the image of rhe company. I have seen a case where a friend of mine lost a contract even with his high performance. And the reason was the fact that they heard some rumors about him, and the company does not want to be dragged into it. Same way most celebrities loose endorsements once a rumor or some indecent news comes up
Your point here is absolutely very interesting. Wether we care less or not on morals, we should always know this that out employees are actually the face of our companies. Their moral standing matters

It's very important and necessary for all company to have their rules and regulations that govern them. And aside that it's also compulsory for all employees of the company to follow the rules and regulations of the company to avoid sanction

Very well expressed @Grandeur , one must know how to carry morale intertwined with work in a company. I think that is what demonstrates professionalism in any position that is performed. The employee represents the company, no matter how insignificant their duties may seem.
I would even add that a complete professional would have a balanced Outlook and performance of character and morale even with inter personal relationship.

It's very important and necessary for all company to have their rules and regulations that govern them. And aside that it's also compulsory for all employees of the company to follow the rules and regulations of the company to avoid sanction
You have highlighted something important, which has been little expressed in the subject, which are the sanctions for non-compliance with ethics within the company. And I emphasize their importance because if they are not applied, it will be difficult to keep the personnel in compliance with them.
I would even add that a complete professional would have a balanced Outlook and performance of character and morale even with inter personal relationship.
Of course, when a worker adheres to the company's regulations in addition to complying with its ethics, its "perspective will be balanced and its performance of character and morals". Many people don't bother to read or care, but I believe that without them, the company will not succeed.

Duty-based ethics teaches that some acts are right or wrong because of the sorts of things they are, and people have a duty to act accordingly, regardless of the good or bad consequences that may be produced.

Duty-based ethics teaches that some acts are right or wrong because of the sorts of things they are, and people have a duty to act accordingly, regardless of the good or bad consequences that may be produced.
As you describe @delnovem, whether we decide to adhere to the values and principles within the company or not, we must also assume the consequences of our decision. That is why it is important to be aware of the company's rules and values.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds