Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Employee promotions

Definitely it should because it won't be fair on the workers that have been working for a long time in a company and they passed on during promotion, I think both should go hand in hand
Exactly. Because if this becomes the practice were these older employees who are also good at their jobs are bypassed for the promotion of younger ones, this cambered very high level of discontent

Advertisement Placeholder
Promotion is transferring an employee to a new position that commands higher pay, privileges, or status than the old one. It is a vertical move in rank and responsibility. An organization can use a variety of incentives to motivate its employees. Demotivated employees are frustrated and cannot contribute to the best of their abilities. It is important to note that well-performing employees expect a reward in extra incentives, such as promotion.

Promotion ensures the effective utilization of human resources. Employees need to be assigned additional authority and responsibility as they acquire adequate expertise and competence.
I wonder why you made your comment very complicated and very long when what you really meant was the promotion is the assignment to an upper level of position. Oh well, how can you say that promotion ensures the effective utilization of human resources? Pardon me for this comment, I am just being frank.

Exactly. Because if this becomes the practice were these older employees who are also good at their jobs are bypassed for the promotion of younger ones, this cambered very high level of discontent
That is true. It is better and also best practice for companies to show that years out into service together with outstanding performance of the employee not be overlooked in this regard to promotions

Yeah definitely, we are all humans and I'm sure there would be discontent no doubt if current workers are passed on just for the pensioners so there must find a balance between them

I think that the skills that one has should be the main thing to be considered during promotion. These skills are mostly gained from working for a long time and the courses taken. Personal characteristics such as honesty, time management and communication skills should also be considered alongside those.

I think that the skills that one has should be the main thing to be considered during promotion. These skills are mostly gained from working for a long time and the courses taken. Personal characteristics such as honesty, time management and communication skills should also be considered alongside those.
Excellent, there are values that must be taken into account as you describe @Abigael honesty is very important. When we talk about the courses taken, the years of service and compliance with the schedule are key to opt for such promotion.

Most organisations already have their rules when it comes to promotion. In my country especially when you are working for the government, they are bound by the rules contained in the civil service rules, some people are expected to write promotion exams before they can move to the next level. However in a private setting, the procedure is entirely different.

Most organisations already have their rules when it comes to promotion. In my country especially when you are working for the government, they are bound by the rules contained in the civil service rules, some people are expected to write promotion exams before they can move to the next level. However in a private setting, the procedure is entirely different.
It is true, government institutions take the time to evaluate their personnel, before making the decision to promote them. Many private companies have taken this approach, to promote people.

employees don't work based on their abilities or skills, but based on their performance, skills and abilities decide what rank you'll get at the first place

That's right, although it is also true that I used to enjoy my salary, but we are in an economic crisis that has affected us all and the salary is not enough. Even so, I enjoy and love my job and I hope in the future to be able to retire and collect my benefits.
Is your offline gig a pensionable one?? Since my country doesn't want to offer me job cos of corruption in their system of government. I decided working on my own, creating a job for myself.

Is your offline gig a pensionable one?? Since my country doesn't want to offer me job cos of corruption in their system of government. I decided working on my own, creating a job for myself.
Yes, my off-line job is in a government entity, and when the years go by I will get my pension. I think that's one of the reasons I stay there and also because I like it. But currently the salary is demotivating.

Yes, my off-line job is in a government entity, and when the years go by I will get my pension. I think that's one of the reasons I stay there and also because I like it. But currently the salary is demotivating.
That's perfect that it is a govt entity gig, you shouldn't bother about the low earnings. Through your online gig, you can improve it, in the future your govt can decided to increase payment of civil servants and yours will be increased too.

That's perfect that it is a govt entity gig, you shouldn't bother about the low earnings. Through your online gig, you can improve it, in the future your govt can decided to increase payment of civil servants and yours will be increased too.
That is correct, whenever there are increases we all receive the improvements. As I described I like my job and I manage to increase my earnings with online work. I don't worry about it now, since I managed to get this way of generating earnings.

That is correct, whenever there are increases we all receive the improvements. As I described I like my job and I manage to increase my earnings with online work. I don't worry about it now, since I managed to get this way of generating earnings.
That's encouraging that you're Passionate around your job irrespective of the pay rate. That's one of the reasons of bring happy in a workplace not only about money that entices, passion do same. Working online is very instrumental to add to your income.

The promotion of an employee in any organization should be the sole duty of the HR department. They should be in charge of all matter related to staff. From my own observation, level of additional education and diligence in work should be a very keep factor to staff promotion.

That's encouraging that you're Passionate around your job irrespective of the pay rate. That's one of the reasons of bring happy in a workplace not only about money that entices, passion do same. Working online is very instrumental to add to your income.
I think it is a joy for me to be able to have this online livelihood for several reasons, the main one is economic. On the other hand I have been able to interact with people like you who have given value to my life in terms of the different topics we deal with, they have guided me and helped me on this path.
The promotion of an employee in any organization should be the sole duty of the HR department. They should be in charge of all matter related to staff. From my own observation, level of additional education and diligence in work should be a very keep factor to staff promotion.
It's something that in my current job, we value highly for bonuses and promotions. The desire for self-improvement in terms of additional education (courses, workshops or higher level) are highly valued. So is the performance of your duties and the quality of it.

That's pretty cool @Sariana23, that you're learning and keeping up to date with things that is been taught here. The day to day interaction from valued members here have helped me develop in certain areas of making money online. And you aren't an exemption @Sariana23, cos your contributions matters a lot.

In my opinion the hard work a staff puts into the organization, the level of commitment and skills deserves a promotion.
I totally agree with you that day at work is put into an organisation will definitely determine the staff promotion but I would like to have that it's not just a book that deserves is that promotion but working smart will definitely make a staff to be promoted.

Yes achievement matters sometimes when it comes to promoting of certain persons in the office environment. But duration in the company works along side this achievement
True most companies, give out promotion base on the effectiveness of your presence and of cause the positive results you bring to the table.
[automerge]1623325113[/automerge]
Yes achievement matters sometimes when it comes to promoting of certain persons in the office environment. But duration in the company works along side this achievement
True most companies, give out promotion base on the effectiveness of your presence and of cause the positive results you bring to the table.

Experience is one of the best thing you need to consider for me and another thing is how they have impacted the company or organisation they are working for positively, with this you can decide how people can be promoted base on what they do.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds