Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Employee promotions

In addition to the above mentioned qualities,the ability for the employee to adapt to learning and how best he is able to follow through in the vision of the organisation is another criteria.The quality of honesty and how well he adapt to task is also a factor.
Learning and honesty are indeed very important. They may have a lot of knowledge and deserve a promotion but without these two, they will not be eligible for a higher position, as it is of utmost importance.

Advertisement Placeholder
Promotion or career advancement is a process through which an employee of a company is given a higher share of duties, a higher pay-scale or both. A promotion is not just beneficial for employees but is also highly crucial for the employer or business owners. It boosts the morale of promoted employees, increases their productivity and hence improves upon the overall profits earned by the organization

Promotion or career advancement is a process through which an employee of a company is given a higher share of duties, a higher pay-scale or both. A promotion is not just beneficial for employees but is also highly crucial for the employer or business owners. It boosts the morale of promoted employees, increases their productivity and hence improves upon the overall profits earned by the organization
Excellent your post @cowantussie , I loved your perspective on employee promotions, their process and benefits. These are three key points that are very present in the process, employee morale , productivity and profits for the company.

It's written that seeth thou a man diligent in his business, he shall stand before the king he shall not stand before the mean men. Before putting it into consideration of promoting and employee, he must be skillfully and competent in all aspects.

Someone mentioned that the first requirement for an employee promotion is vacancy. That is very true. If there is no vacancy, you can't promote anybody. So, there must be a vacancy for it first

It's written that seeth thou a man diligent in his business, he shall stand before the king he shall not stand before the mean men. Before putting it into consideration of promoting and employee, he must be skillfully and competent in all aspects.
I love your publication, and it denotes wisdom in what is written. It is of utmost importance that the employee seeking a promotion has skills and competencies in the functions he/she performs. In this way he/she will be able to develop in higher positions.

You're right, it is not mandatory for the predecessor to help its successor to fit in well at his or her new position. Cos it is expected that the new role suit his or her credentials before securing it.
An organisation flourish only when all the members work as a team. The administration should help the members of the company. If someone has worked hard for the company, they should be given promotion to boost their motivation. They will work more enthusiastically in future.
[automerge]1622286431[/automerge]
You're right, it is not mandatory for the predecessor to help its successor to fit in well at his or her new position. Cos it is expected that the new role suit his or her credentials before securing it.
An organisation flourish only when all the members work as a team. The administration should help the members of the company. If someone has worked hard for the company, they should be given promotion to boost their motivation. They will work more enthusiastically in future

Promotion is very important to improve employee performance in the organization. If the employees see the chances of getting promoted and rewarded, they will work more efficiently.
Exactly my point when you have staff who are dedicated to working for and with you, it's very important that you promote them as and at when due in order to serve as an encouragement for them.

Someone mentioned that the first requirement for an employee promotion is vacancy. That is very true. If there is no vacancy, you can't promote anybody. So, there must be a vacancy for it first
Of course, there must be a vacancy for it. However, even if this vacancy exists if the employee does not meet the requirements, the company may apply for a new employee and not agree to the promotion of one who is already hired.

Well said, all are definitely good criteria for promotion, also achievement shouldn't also be overlooked no matter how long when an employee has been working, if an employee makes a big feat then he could be rewarded

There are several basic criteria for employees to be promoted in companies. When making decisions, employers evaluate each subordinate with certain characteristics, abilities, qualities and skills that must be taken into account to make the most correct decision.

Among the main ones I consider that they should be, the years of service, studies or courses taken during the time in the company, honesty ...
What other abilities or skills do you think should be considered?
I think one major thing you should consider is their results. What have they been able to achieve all the while they hae been working for the company. Of cause how is their leadership skills to be able to cope with a higher position

When it comes to employees promotion the criteria that I use is the employees output to the company or business concern if the employees output to the business is good then I will definitely promote such an employee.

An organisation flourish only when all the members work as a team. The administration should help the members of the company. If someone has worked hard for the company, they should be given promotion to boost their motivation. They will work more enthusiastically in future.
[automerge]1622286431[/automerge]

An organisation flourish only when all the members work as a team. The administration should help the members of the company. If someone has worked hard for the company, they should be given promotion to boost their motivation. They will work more enthusiastically in future
That's it, promotion will really make sense if those business enterprise or company will give promotions to their hard working employees, that will strengthen and encourage them working more hard.

Well said, all are definitely good criteria for promotion, also achievement shouldn't also be overlooked no matter how long when an employee has been working, if an employee makes a big feat then he could be rewarded
Of course, this is a valid point for employee promotion. If he or she does something that increases the value of the company, as you describe a great feat, he or she deserves to be considered for promotion.
I think one major thing you should consider is their results. What have they been able to achieve all the while they hae been working for the company. Of cause how is their leadership skills to be able to cope with a higher position
Of course, there are different criteria to consider when thinking about upgrading an employee. Both their performance and their skills, among other important qualities. These are traits and profiles to be valued.

There are several basic criteria for employees to be promoted in companies. When making decisions, employers evaluate each subordinate with certain characteristics, abilities, qualities and skills that must be taken into account to make the most correct decision.

Among the main ones I consider that they should be, the years of service, studies or courses taken during the time in the company, honesty ...
What other abilities or skills do you think should be considered?
Well all I can say that first requirement for employee promotion is the vacancy of the upper position like a manager leaves so the assistant manager can be recommended for promotion. In my experience the tenure is just a tie-breaker in case there is more than 1 candidate for the position. Education is also not an issue unless the employee has an added education while employed in the company. For me, the criterion that I give a high value for promotion is the knowledge of the candidate on the position above him. Can he properly handle if he is promoted to the position?

Well all I can say that first requirement for employee promotion is the vacancy of the upper position like a manager leaves so the assistant manager can be recommended for promotion. In my experience the tenure is just a tie-breaker in case there is more than 1 candidate for the position. Education is also not an issue unless the employee has an added education while employed in the company. For me, the criterion that I give a high value for promotion is the knowledge of the candidate on the position above him. Can he properly handle if he is promoted to the position?
When I referred to the studies, it is for the promotions of professional levels, but in effect there are companies that this is not taken very much into account. In both cases, experience and knowledge of the position is of utmost importance.

A business owner and employee should use promotion as a method to encourage staff members to work hard and get extra benefits for their diligence and performance.

Of course, this is a valid point for employee promotion. If he or she does something that increases the value of the company, as you describe a great feat, he or she deserves to be considered for promotion.

Of course, there are different criteria to consider when thinking about upgrading an employee. Both their performance and their skills, among other important qualities. These are traits and profiles to be valued.
Exactly, like i once saw a case whereby a man was never promoted even with his many achievements and years of experience in the company because he had no management skills, so there was no way they could make him a manager

Definitely a lots of companies might not really see anything in promotions of employee and it should not definitely be right . You need a sense of competition in your company among the workers.
Companies who choose to not see the benefits in promoting of their staffs and workers are loosing out in the benefits that comes when such staff is promoted, they always seek to do more for the organisation

Sometimes, it is better to not think you must be rewarded for the hard work you are putting into an organisation because there are some persons who simply feel challenged to jealousy against you to oppose your efforts

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds