Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Employee promotions

You are very right @Eodine , " the value the employee is giving to the organization" as there are many employees who are totally unaware of the benefit to the company. They are dedicated to only perform their duties and do not do it for the benefit of the company. That is a good reason for employee promotion.
That's how it's done in my office to prevent lazy workers who just want to get paid at the end of the month, which is actually a good strategy because most of us always look for ways to contribute.

Advertisement Placeholder
Other qualities that I think can be added to the list for the concideration should be the ability of such staff member in carying out some extra ordinary conducts that puts the organisation in limelight in the past

You have nailed it , employee promotion is just like a motivation to employees where you reward those with loyalty commitment and dedication but generally I think promotion should be base on 1. Years of dedicated service 2. Level of education 3. Kpi
Excellent @Koldej , in my offline job, what you describe is the first thing they take into account when giving a promo to employees. Years of service and studies among others, are surely taken into account to achieve it.

There are several basic criteria for employees to be promoted in companies. When making decisions, employers evaluate each subordinate with certain characteristics, abilities, qualities and skills that must be taken into account to make the most correct decision.

Among the main ones I consider that they should be, the years of service, studies or courses taken during the time in the company, honesty ...
What other abilities or skills do you think should be considered?
When promoting am employee in a company, there are some guidelines to judging the ability of that employee before they are being promoted which i agree to...

When promoting am employee in a company, there are some guidelines to judging the ability of that employee before they are being promoted which i agree to...
Yes, many points must be taken into account. So ask what other skills or abilities are needed for it. Different criteria are used in different countries around the world. Something also to consider is the interest shown by the employee in the improvement of the company.

Definitely a lots of companies might not really see anything in promotions of employee and it should not definitely be right . You need a sense of competition in your company among the workers.

Definitely a lots of companies might not really see anything in promotions of employee and it should not definitely be right . You need a sense of competition in your company among the workers.
The sense of competition in companies is important and motivating. Promotion is based on the employee's work and improvement within the company. This is important since he/she becomes a qualified employee.

There are several basic criteria for employees to be promoted in companies. When making decisions, employers evaluate each subordinate with certain characteristics, abilities, qualities and skills that must be taken into account to make the most correct decision.

Among the main ones I consider that they should be, the years of service, studies or courses taken during the time in the company, honesty ...
In promoting employee , there are many criteria and rules you must follow, some deals with promoting employee that has spend over five year's, or promoting an hard working employee to encourage him.

Most of workers are just making their task without any creativity and sometimes in a company non creative employees are promoted because the boss will no have headacke and will make an image that he knows more than you and if you are creative you will face some problems because some employees with more degree will not be happy if you are more fluent and creative than them.
Companies and organisations that practice such mediocrity don't always grow in leaps and bounds. This only help breed mediocre type of workers in the end. Very toxic.

In promoting employee , there are many criteria and rules you must follow, some deals with promoting employee that has spend over five year's, or promoting an hard working employee to encourage him.
It is correct @Shigobad2020 , the years of service is of utmost importance, since in most governmental and private institutions, they take into account the seniority of the employee. But this is only a link to achieve promotion to a new level.

Well, in reply to your question in the above post concerning what qualities shoyld you look out for when trying to promote an employee, well in my opinion you should look at the person's year of service and the impact in the company's growth

Other qualities that I think can be added to the list for the concideration should be the ability of such staff member in carying out some extra ordinary conducts that puts the organisation in limelight in the past
You are correct @Kelly5 , the employee's conduct in the past, must have been beyond reproach, or without any relevant wrongdoings that could taint his managerial position. Since in this way there will be no reasons that can harm the company.

I think one thing that you can promote your employee is by his hardworking, if the employee is very good to your company or whatever that is best way to promote employee.

I think one thing that you can promote your employee is by his hardworking, if the employee is very good to your company or whatever that is best way to promote employee.
You are right @joy101 , the employee must be good at performing his duties, this way he will have chances for a promotion within the company. It is also good when he gains more experience and strives to develop his skills.

Its good to reward a hard working employee, when he or she is doing nice things, and trying to promote the company the best we hope for.

Since the employee is doing is best and doing is work more better than expected,so the employee have skills in the first place before giving the job so I don't think there should be need for any other skills again.

An employee needs to be qualified before being promoted,some of the characteristics to be considered are punctuality, appearance and behaviour towards work activities.

Employee promotion is very important in any business. it helps the employees to work harder in order to achieve higher ranks and also prosper in the business.

Since the employee is doing is best and doing is work more better than expected,so the employee have skills in the first place before giving the job so I don't think there should be need for any other skills again.
I agree with you, if the employee already possesses the skill and has perfected it in the performance of his duties, what do you think should be taken into account for a promotion in his workplace?
An employee needs to be qualified before being promoted,some of the characteristics to be considered are punctuality, appearance and behaviour towards work activities.
This point "punctuality, appearance and behavior towards work activities" has not been touched upon in this thread and it is a good point. In my job, what you describe is very much valued in order to carry out semi-annual evaluations that help in such promotions.

In addition to the above mentioned qualities,the ability for the employee to adapt to learning and how best he is able to follow through in the vision of the organisation is another criteria.The quality of honesty and how well he adapt to task is also a factor.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds