Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Employee promotions

Of course, paramount amongst all of the criteria to looking at the credibility for employees promotion is the work place will be the years if service. Others like extra ordinary achievements during the period under review cannot also be left out
That is correct. Here in our area the credentials for an employee to be promoted is the length of service and extra ordinary achievements. I have often seen in an action movie here in our country about policemen being promoted because of the criminals being arrested and jailed.

Advertisement Placeholder
The Years spend on the business does not really matter because people can spend almost 10 years in the business without contributing anything positive to the business, what they contributed is the most important thing.
If someone could spend up to 10 years in your establishment or business, he must be doing or have done something worthwhile in your business to stay that long or else he would have been sacked a long time ago. The years you spent on a jobs matters a lot in considering someone for promotion.

There is no joy in working for a company for so many years without moving forward or have the hope of being promoted will demoralized an employee which can makes him to resign from the job.
Online promotions should be a routine business for all companies or organisations as this can help in boosting an employee morale and productivity to the business.

If someone could spend up to 10 years in your establishment or business, he must be doing or have done something worthwhile in your business to stay that long or else he would have been sacked a long time ago. The years you spent on a jobs matters a lot in considering someone for promotion.
There are some people who only came into your business just to do what they were told to do and maybe they've been doing it for more than 10 years, and at the same time there are some people that came into your business and are even doing an extra work to make sure that this company's move forward, those are the one that should be promoted.

The criteria for promotion is to have a standard guide. It is not good to promote an employee because he comes early or someone who is well-groomed. The criteria is all about the job and the performance on that particular job.
I support you on the opinion that the criteria to promote worker should be base on his or her standard , his or her seriousness to the work , and not promoting a worker's base on the likeness.

Many companies consider a lot of things before they promote their employees or workers. An employee that is dedicated will likely get promoted faster.

Many companies consider a lot of things before they promote their employees or workers. An employee that is dedicated will likely get promoted faster.
I agree with you, the more contributions, responsibility and honesty the employee has for the company, the higher the chances to be promoted. That is why we must fully comply with the company's regulations and in turn give the best of ourselves.

Employee promotion is a great thing in an organization. As far as I'm concerned, employee promotion should be based more on the performance of staffs, not on lengthy years of service

Employee promotion is a great thing in an organization. As far as I'm concerned, employee promotion should be based more on the performance of staffs, not on lengthy years of service
Many companies take more into account their performance, and I really agree. Many employees with years of service, are monotonous and do not contribute anything to the company because they are dedicated to perform their functions. On the other hand, when they stand out in other areas or contribute something significant to their own, this gives more value to their performance.

There are some people who only came into your business just to do what they were told to do and maybe they've been doing it for more than 10 years, and at the same time there are some people that came into your business and are even doing an extra work to make sure that this company's move forward, those are the one that should be promoted.
Either someone comes to your business and do what they were asked to do or someone did extra work to get the jobs done, the most important thing is the relevance of their contributions to the growth of the company. You might do extra work and still not be better than someone who did the right thing.

Promotion is good in the working place and it should be best stored on hard working employee. Promotion brings about healthy competitions among the worker because everyone will be willing to get promoted.

Either someone comes to your business and do what they were asked to do or someone did extra work to get the jobs done, the most important thing is the relevance of their contributions to the growth of the company. You might do extra work and still not be better than someone who did the right thing.
For example you have two people in your business, one of the person only came to perform his or her daily responsibility, the Other person also came to perform his Daily responsibility and at the same time look for more opportunities to work and contribute positively to the growth of your business ,in this two people it is possible that you will reward the person that I've done extra for the company.

Promotion is good in the working place and it should be best stored on hard working employee. Promotion brings about healthy competitions among the worker because everyone will be willing to get promoted.
Very well described, it creates a healthy competition in the work environment, which favors the company. Therein lies the importance of promotions in companies, all workers will give the best of themselves to achieve that goal!

For example you have two people in your business, one of the person only came to perform his or her daily responsibility, the Other person also came to perform his Daily responsibility and at the same time look for more opportunities to work and contribute positively to the growth of your business ,in this two people it is possible that you will reward the person that I've done extra for the company.
Doing extra work for the business doesn't really matters, what matters is the result that comes out of their efforts. Some businesses doesn't like it when you do beyond what you were asked to do depending on the nature of the business. Making profits in business is not about extra time, it is all about the strategy used in getting good results.

I think you could check if the employer have great communication skills and great ability and contributions that would also help the business grow more too

Doing extra work for the business doesn't really matters, what matters is the result that comes out of their efforts. Some businesses doesn't like it when you do beyond what you were asked to do depending on the nature of the business. Making profits in business is not about extra time, it is all about the strategy used in getting good results.
I know some business doesn't like you to do extra as theY will only limit you to what they asked you to do but this is not the right thing because they do not allow you to exercise your full potential.

That is right. Companies has a lot of criteria or consideration before promoting their employees to a higher position. I think those who have served the longest time deserves to be promoted.

I know some business doesn't like you to do extra as theY will only limit you to what they asked you to do but this is not the right thing because they do not allow you to exercise your full potential.
It is very paramount if we learn to obey the rules of engagement of where you work. If you wish to go extra length in exercising your full potential, you will have to establish your own business.

One important criteria that you should consider when trying to promote people is how many years have spent in the organisation to try to promote retention

I think that employee performance should be emphasized over the time an employee has served to the company. I believe if the employee is performing really well, then he or she must be promoted within a few months.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds