Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Employee promotions

I love your deliberations at the time of a promotion, they are key points to value since they go in favor of the company. It is very true that there are people without experience who contribute more to the company, than other employees with more years of service and experience.
It is high time we wake up from the conventional way of reasoning. We used to believe that if you are a young grad , you will not be able to impact positively to the growth of the business. Now, there are young grad with positive mindset, innovative and very industrious

Advertisement Placeholder
It is high time we wake up from the conventional way of reasoning. We used to believe that if you are a young grad , you will not be able to impact positively to the growth of the business. Now, there are young grad with positive mindset, innovative and very industrious
I am a firm believer that age is not a limiting factor for a company's success. I have read about the experiences of successful teenagers, my brother is one who started very young and after the years he still has a successful business.

A lot of people give up jobs even when the job is god paying because they do not see themselves growing (not being promoted for higher ranks). Promotion is necessary
There is no joy in working for a company for so many years without moving forward or have the hope of being promoted will demoralized an employee which can makes him to resign from the job.

I think one thing i mostly consider before even promoting the employees is the skills and behavior of the employees , if it suits me then i would promote him or her i think
What are mostly look out for in my employees before I even consider promoting them is their work-rate and their attitude when they are doing their work as I mostly value a positive attitude from my employees as I believe that this kind of attitude can have a multiplying effect on the general productivity of the business.

Haven't work in a company setting before, but I think an employer should know when it's the right time to promote or increase the wages of employees.

Haven't work in a company setting before, but I think an employer should know when it's the right time to promote or increase the wages of employees.
Certainly the employer knows when @Bousine123 , the problem is that even knowing, in many companies do not execute the promotions and promotions that employees deserve. Maybe because they don't pay more, or simply because they don't want to, but legally everyone who puts in the effort deserves to be rewarded.

I also think some of the criteria that needs to be put in place when deciding on the ways to promote an employee is additional added certificate, years of experience on the job, honesty and dedication to the job.

It is a very good idea for your employee to be promoted at a particular stage. It is a good way of keeping your works and making them to be able to work more for you. If the keep earning the same amount of money they may find another job that pays better tha yours

I think and I believe that employee should be promoted based on the performance of their job. If they have performed absolutely well and have contributed immensely to the company then they deserve promotion.

Contributions to the organization should also be a criteria for an organization to promote it's workers but sadly in my country promotion is rare especially in private companies

I also think some of the criteria that needs to be put in place when deciding on the ways to promote an employee is additional added certificate, years of experience on the job, honesty and dedication to the job.
Honesty deserves recognition within the company, since there are few who have this virtue and it deserves to be valued by employers. They will know that they can always count on the transparency of the worker.
It is a very good idea for your employee to be promoted at a particular stage. It is a good way of keeping your works and making them to be able to work more for you. If the keep earning the same amount of money they may find another job that pays better tha yours
I agree with your weighing, the employee must feel that his effort and dedication to the company is taken into account by his superior, and therefore recognized with a promotion or salary increase, otherwise he will look for a new job where he will be offered what he expects.
I think and I believe that employee should be promoted based on the performance of their job. If they have performed absolutely well and have contributed immensely to the company then they deserve promotion.
It is the duty to be, in my job out of line is taken into account the fulfillment and performance of the functions, and according to the results the staff can be benefited with promotions and bonuses.

I think promotion will became easy when you keep improving yourself in the area of your work even though years of service matters but adding value is more important.

I think promotion will became easy when you keep improving yourself in the area of your work even though years of service matters but adding value is more important.
It is the best way to achieve promotion within the company, as long as the employers take the time to value the workers and their performance. I agree with your point of view, many expect to achieve success over the years, but these must be accompanied by a good development of the functions entrusted.

The most important thing to take into consideration is the year you started the job and the level of commitment into the work.
One thing that I have in my business is that I am quite committed these days to it and I will never trade anything for it because this is the only thing that I have that I can be so proud of having so I have made up my mind never to take it for granted.

Before you consider an employee for promotion, you will have to consider their contributions to the growth of the business in relation to the years they have spent at work and their level of education.

Before you consider an employee for promotion, you will have to consider their contributions to the growth of the business in relation to the years they have spent at work and their level of education.
There are many companies that take into account certain characteristics of employees, but do not generalize. Your point is valid since they should create a model to follow where they take into account the years of service, contributions, studies, collaborations between colleagues, etc. and make a good evaluation for promotion.

Promotion should be done based on merit note on whim. if you promote workers out of the dryer you are creating a problem in your workplace.

There are many things to consider before promoting anyone but personally i give more attention to skill and your leadership ability before promoting anyone.

There are several basic criteria for employees to be promoted in companies. When making decisions, employers evaluate each subordinate with certain characteristics, abilities, qualities and skills that must be taken into account to make the most correct decision.

Among the main ones I consider that they should be, the years of service, studies or courses taken during the time in the company, honesty ...
What other abilities or skills do you think should be considered?
I think you already have it on your list there. I believe the length of service, educational attainment and character quality will be my basis for promotion.

Promotion should be done based on merit note on whim. if you promote workers out of the dryer you are creating a problem in your workplace.
Merits are fundamental to promote an employee, but I would like to know what kind of merits you are referring to, as they can be achieved for different reasons. In some countries in some cases different merits are taken to give a promotion.
There are many things to consider before promoting anyone but personally i give more attention to skill and your leadership ability before promoting anyone.
Leadership ability is a very valid point to take into account, this is surely the result of a good performance in the employee's functions and an example to follow. It should be taken into account for a promotion.
I think you already have it on your list there. I believe the length of service, educational attainment and character quality will be my basis for promotion.
I like your point of view, and it is something we have evaluated, "length of service, educational achievements and quality of character" this is integrated into the employee's performance to be evaluated. When these are taken into account they are very likely to be right when choosing a promotion.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds