Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Employee promotions

It is absolutely true, the purpose of any company is to make profits and in turn achieve success. This is achieved as you describe among other ways with the bonus to employees, as this is a driver for the benefit of all.
Do you own or manage a company? Other managers and owners should learn from you because this is really important but most companies do not fancy bonuses just what they can get from workers and customers.

Advertisement Placeholder
Do you own or manage a company? Other managers and owners should learn from you because this is really important but most companies do not fancy bonuses just what they can get from workers and customers.
I have managed a company for a while, besides I have family members with a lot of experience, so I feed from them. I understand that many employers do not value promotions, but from my experience it is the best decision to take, as long as the employees meet the requirements established for such promotion.

The important thing is that you are where you feel good, if you consider that you have no future in the organization, you should make the decision to leave and be where you enjoy being. I have so far achieved my benefits on time, as well as my promotion, so I have not thought about resigning, but I know of cases.

This is a very important thing, as many companies give promotions for pleasantness and sharing outside the workplace. But the value and promotion is deserved by those who meet the requirements and offer improvements to the company.
That is it,I don't see the need for you to give out promotion to people just because of appearance, it must be people that are capable of defending the company's name,I cannot just give out a promotion to people like that until they deserve it.

That is it,I don't see the need for you to give out promotion to people just because of appearance, it must be people that are capable of defending the company's name,I cannot just give out a promotion to people like that until they deserve it.
Exactly I agree with you. The promotion is not dependent on the appearance of someone. It is the overall output you give your business. How much hard work you have done, how much contribution you have done towards your business.

Exactly I agree with you. The promotion is not dependent on the appearance of someone. It is the overall output you give your business. How much hard work you have done, how much contribution you have done towards your business.
okay if you are in a business organisation in which you understand and you know within you that a person that is being promoted do not deserve the position, not because of jealousy but because you understand that they will not be able to perform well in that position, what will you do ?

Of course, I think there can be good interpersonal relationships between employees and superiors, sharing and having a good time. When we talk about promotion we should focus on the professional part and act as such, taking into account that each person meets the right criteria.

I have managed a company for a while, besides I have family members with a lot of experience, so I feed from them. I understand that many employers do not value promotions, but from my experience it is the best decision to take, as long as the employees meet the requirements established for such promotion.
Oh, wow. I knew you had to definately be active in management to think or talk this way. It's better to have employees in mind as taking care of them would help the firm.

Oh, wow. I knew you had to definately be active in management to think or talk this way. It's better to have employees in mind as taking care of them would help the firm.
Employees must be taken into account, valued and given what they deserve. It is not easy to maintain harmony and order, but as long as dialogue, respect and human value are maintained, everything can be achieved.

Employees must be taken into account, valued and given what they deserve. It is not easy to maintain harmony and order, but as long as dialogue, respect and human value are maintained, everything can be achieved.
Is there any major challenge one could face as a manager or an upcoming manager that could affect one's performance as a manager maybe I could learn.

Insider knowledge is super important when considering promotions. Employees generally will (and should) know how their job works but over time employees should start to understand trends, patterns and a deep knowledge of how to do there job that might not be so easy to teach.

After all they are the the working unit of the company. If they work with high motivation then the overall performance of the company will grow. And it is very important to monitor and boost up their morale time to time.

Is there any major challenge one could face as a manager or an upcoming manager that could affect one's performance as a manager maybe I could learn.
Every day is a challenge, since we all have different characters and therefore the way we react and think are also different. We should always act courteously, not to put ourselves at the level of others in a discussion and the most important thing is to give the value that each one deserves while maintaining respect.
After all they are the the working unit of the company. If they work with high motivation then the overall performance of the company will grow. And it is very important to monitor and boost up their morale time to time.
As you describe it, "they are the working unit of the company" should always be monitored, in that we should not neglect. By showing appreciation and congratulating them when they are doing things well, it is an excellent motivator, which helps work performance. If the managerial job is done correctly, it is easier to make the decision of who and why a worker deserves the promotion.

Every day is a challenge, since we all have different characters and therefore the way we react and think are also different. We should always act courteously, not to put ourselves at the level of others in a discussion and the most important thing is to give the value that each one deserves while maintaining respect.

As you describe it, "they are the working unit of the company" should always be monitored, in that we should not neglect. By showing appreciation and congratulating them when they are doing things well, it is an excellent motivator, which helps work performance. If the managerial job is done correctly, it is easier to make the decision of who and why a worker deserves the promotion.
I like that!

In our work, we give priority to seniority. If someone is senior to me, he will get promotion first than others. Where as the incentives and bonus depends upon your output to the company.
Promoting employees most times depends on the policies of the company. Some promote according to the number of years you have spent in service while some promotes you according to your achievement.

I will consider an employee who is creative and innovative, employee who can bring uncommon plans to the table of discussion. Employee who can do something differently and will take the company to the next level. There are young sharp out there who had no previous experiences but with little push, they will do exploit.

Promoting employees most times depends on the policies of the company. Some promote according to the number of years you have spent in service while some promotes you according to your achievement.
Although you are right, I think it is more correct that they should include both achievements and years and not work it separately. Since if the workers have the same years of service, the achievements make the difference.

Of course, I think there can be good interpersonal relationships between employees and superiors, sharing and having a good time. When we talk about promotion we should focus on the professional part and act as such, taking into account that each person meets the right criteria.
okay what do you think about the situation in which a promotion is given to people without the required professional skill, what will be the first sign that will be observed in the company? Do you think everything will start coming down ?

okay what do you think about the situation in which a promotion is given to people without the required professional skill, what will be the first sign that will be observed in the company? Do you think everything will start coming down ?
I do not agree, each company should have its requirements for employees, if the ones that are there do not meet them, it is better to hire an employee that meets them. Since each level of position has its own functions, if you cannot fulfill them, you should not be in the position.

The most important thing to take into consideration is the year you started the job and the level of commitment into the work.
Employee promotion is very important in every organisation because it help to motivate the employee and also increased the output of the organisation because when employees are motivated the work effectively.

I will consider an employee who is creative and innovative, employee who can bring uncommon plans to the table of discussion. Employee who can do something differently and will take the company to the next level. There are young sharp out there who had no previous experiences but with little push, they will do exploit.
I love your deliberations at the time of a promotion, they are key points to value since they go in favor of the company. It is very true that there are people without experience who contribute more to the company, than other employees with more years of service and experience.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds