Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Employee promotions

You are very right, though some companies do not care about promotion, anyways, some of the criterias include hardwork and diligence, these are the major factors that enable promotion even within a short time of joining an organization, some who spend many years in some organizations do not even get an increase in pay, these are the major reasons why we all should improve on our skills.
your ability to carry out task and perform to optimum standard is a function of the capacity you have built over some period of time,this could be while on the job or the competence you gained elsewhere,and your ability to adapt to the work environment and schedule,all these form some of the criteria for promotion.

Advertisement Placeholder
people that are being promoted in any business organisation are the people that have the passion to move a business organisation forward, without them having what its requires to impact on a business organisation positively then no need for promotion.

people that are being promoted in any business organisation are the people that have the passion to move a business organisation forward, without them having what its requires to impact on a business organisation positively then no need for promotion.
I totally agree with you. Employees can be prepared with good education and perform their duties, but in a routine way and do not do it for the good of the company. The main idea is to give improvements to the company and for that they can deserve their promotion.

I am glad you got at least one promotion, as in the case you describe I know employees who spend many years and do not receive any promotion. The employee must also demonstrate that he/she deserves the promotion by his/her actions.
I guess I was lucky but then again I have always had friends who always gave me work ethics so I knew exactly what I was looking for when I was seeking employment.

I guess I was lucky but then again I have always had friends who always gave me work ethics so I knew exactly what I was looking for when I was seeking employment.
Excellent, what you describe is important. As long as we know what we are looking for when we apply for a job, we will be able to act correctly and get the right profile, thus achieving the deserved promotion.

Excellent, what you describe is important. As long as we know what we are looking for when we apply for a job, we will be able to act correctly and get the right profile, thus achieving the deserved promotion.
Come to think of it, a good number of the people that are complaining of being not promoted jumped at their offers making the company feel like you really need the pastor

Come to think of it, a good number of the people that are complaining of being not promoted jumped at their offers making the company feel like you really need the pastor
Yes, everyone wants a promotion, as it brings more economic benefits and a good status within the company. However, there are not so many positions available for everyone to have the promotion. They have to be good and meet the requirements among other contestants.

You are right, the quality must be there before they should think of promoting you, such as the experience, the commitment to your job and the company, the required skill set as well to manage that position
Some companies have been giving out promotion to the wrong people who do not understand the real responsibility of the company or business organisation they are working with,promotion should only be given to the passionate people of the business only.

A lot of people give up jobs even when the job is god paying because they do not see themselves growing (not being promoted for higher ranks). Promotion is necessary

Some companies have been giving out promotion to the wrong people who do not understand the real responsibility of the company or business organisation they are working with,promotion should only be given to the passionate people of the business only.
This is another issue that needs to be taken care of, i have seen some companies give out promotions to persons who are not qualify in anyway but they get these promotion either because they are related to the boss in one way or they have some higher connections

Yes, everyone wants a promotion, as it brings more economic benefits and a good status within the company. However, there are not so many positions available for everyone to have the promotion. They have to be good and meet the requirements among other contestants.
That is why I don't believe in taking long in an organization and now start hoping for one entitlement that may never show instead work and save to have a side hustle.

Not only that will give a morale boost up to the employees. But when we get promotion, we feel more excited and happy, that will ultimately boost our work output too.
Promoting an employee is very important in an organisation because it helps to motivate the employee to give good output and also improve in his or her output

You are correct. There are certain standard that must be met by the employees before being qualified for a promotion. In addition, competent skills and experience in the business are also important when promoting employees.

I totally agree with you. Employees can be prepared with good education and perform their duties, but in a routine way and do not do it for the good of the company. The main idea is to give improvements to the company and for that they can deserve their promotion.
yes the best way and the best people to give promotion are those people that have impacted positively and is ready to move the organisation forward, it will not be a wise decision for you to just give out a promotion to people just because of appearance without considering what they have to offer.

That is why I don't believe in taking long in an organization and now start hoping for one entitlement that may never show instead work and save to have a side hustle.
The important thing is that you are where you feel good, if you consider that you have no future in the organization, you should make the decision to leave and be where you enjoy being. I have so far achieved my benefits on time, as well as my promotion, so I have not thought about resigning, but I know of cases.
yes the best way and the best people to give promotion are those people that have impacted positively and is ready to move the organisation forward, it will not be a wise decision for you to just give out a promotion to people just because of appearance without considering what they have to offer
This is a very important thing, as many companies give promotions for pleasantness and sharing outside the workplace. But the value and promotion is deserved by those who meet the requirements and offer improvements to the company.

The important thing is that you are where you feel good, if you consider that you have no future in the organization, you should make the decision to leave and be where you enjoy being. I have so far achieved my benefits on time, as well as my promotion, so I have not thought about resigning, but I know of cases.

This is a very important thing, as many companies give promotions for pleasantness and sharing outside the workplace. But the value and promotion is deserved by those who meet the requirements and offer improvements to the company.
Of course, that should be the main drive to work in an organization, the value one is adding to such organisation but do you think that renumeration should also be a factor to stay or leave an organization.

There should be a standard for every employee in other to be promoted.Each company standard might be different from the other ones but some companies still deny their employees promotions

Of course, that should be the main drive to work in an organization, the value one is adding to such organisation but do you think that renumeration should also be a factor to stay or leave an organization.
Of course, we all seek rewards for our efforts, whether we are an employer or an employee. Remuneration is the main reason to apply for a job, but we should not focus only on our functions, since we must think about moving up within the company and for that we must demonstrate that we deserve it.
There should be a standard for every employee in other to be promoted.Each company standard might be different from the other ones but some companies still deny their employees promotions
The only way I can think of, for employees not to be promoted, is for companies to hire new personnel in vacant positions. The right way is to promote employees who already know the company and have learned to perform higher functions. In this case the company would hire employees to fill the position of those who have been promoted.

Of course, we all seek rewards for our efforts, whether we are an employer or an employee. Remuneration is the main reason to apply for a job, but we should not focus only on our functions, since we must think about moving up within the company and for that we must demonstrate that we deserve it.

The only way I can think of, for employees not to be promoted, is for companies to hire new personnel in vacant positions. The right way is to promote employees who already know the company and have learned to perform higher functions. In this case the company would hire employees to fill the position of those who have been promoted.
Talking about companies and moving up, the comment I made on employee promotion still stands for many other subjects because most companies are after the profit they can make only.

Talking about companies and moving up, the comment I made on employee promotion still stands for many other subjects because most companies are after the profit they can make only.
It is absolutely true, the purpose of any company is to make profits and in turn achieve success. This is achieved as you describe among other ways with the bonus to employees, as this is a driver for the benefit of all.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds