Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Employee promotions

Experience is one of the best thing you need to consider for me and another thing is how they have impacted the company or organisation they are working for positively, with this you can decide how people can be promoted base on what they do.
True one of the best thing to consider when promoting a worker is their experience. You cant just give anyone a promotion to a more sensitive and demanding promotion. For that person to be able handle such task, experience is needed.

Advertisement Placeholder
Base on my perspective I guess the major factor one should consider before promoting employee is that he should know how devoted and committed they are towards the achievement of the business.

True one of the best thing to consider when promoting a worker is their experience. You cant just give anyone a promotion to a more sensitive and demanding promotion. For that person to be able handle such task, experience is needed.
It is one of the key points in the attempt to promote an employee, the commitment and dedication shown by the company must be valued. You can meet many requirements but this is one of the main ones, you must demonstrate your interest in the improvement of this.

Base on my perspective I guess the major factor one should consider before promoting employee is that he should know how devoted and committed they are towards the achievement of the business.
You are not far from the truth. You must consider the level of work each employee contributed to the growth of the business to determine how and when their promotion should be and the amounts that will be paid in their new level.

It is one of the key points in the attempt to promote an employee, the commitment and dedication shown by the company must be valued. You can meet many requirements but this is one of the main ones, you must demonstrate your interest in the improvement of this.
You have said well. I have seen cases whereby persons with less experience are promoted just because of their level of commitment and dedication.it plays a major role in the growth and development of the company.

You have said well. I have seen cases whereby persons with less experience are promoted just because of their level of commitment and dedication.it plays a major role in the growth and development of the company.
Yes, I have also had the opportunity to see what you describe, even in my current job something similar happened. A person with 10 years of service far surpassed the opportunity of another with more years of service, with a good resume, but not enough to qualify for the promotion. Dedication and dedication has its degree of importance.

In my opinion there should be two basic criteria on which employees should be promoted.first, hardwork, secondly, experience and competence.these are the basic building blocks for succesfull job

There are lots of factors to be considered in order to promote employee in an organization. One of these is how well active is the employee. Is he very active in his post. And another factor is his length of service at work

In my opinion there should be two basic criteria on which employees should be promoted.first, hardwork, secondly, experience and competence.these are the basic building blocks for succesfull job
Competencies are very valuable in evaluating and making the decision to promote an employee. We have exchanged opinions on experience and performance in their functions, but few have given their opinion on competencies, which is one of the important points for such promotion.
There are lots of factors to be considered in order to promote employee in an organization. One of these is how well active is the employee. Is he very active in his post. And another factor is his length of service at work
I do believe that in order to have the opportunity to be promoted, you should not be monotonous and focus only on doing things for the sake of doing them, you should be an active and collaborative person. This is something that is taken into account, demonstrate your desire to give the best of yourself.

In our work, we give priority to seniority. If someone is senior to me, he will get promotion first than others. Where as the incentives and bonus depends upon your output to the company.

Most companies I have worked for normally just look for employees that contribute to the success of the company although some take time to promote but I guess I'm luck to work with such companies.

Most companies I have worked for normally just look for employees that contribute to the success of the company although some take time to promote but I guess I'm luck to work with such companies.
All companies want to have employees as you describe who contribute to their success. However, they must have some way to promote employees to higher positions, is this the case where you are employed?

That is what a standard and well-organise business organisation should concentrate on when they are thinking of giving promotion to staff, the person that is being given to must have a quality that is needed to continue bringing the business organisation forward.

That is what a standard and well-organise business organisation should concentrate on when they are thinking of giving promotion to staff, the person that is being given to must have a quality that is needed to continue bringing the business organisation forward.
You are right, the quality must be there before they should think of promoting you, such as the experience, the commitment to your job and the company, the required skill set as well to manage that position

All companies want to have employees as you describe who contribute to their success. However, they must have some way to promote employees to higher positions, is this the case where you are employed?
I am currently a contract staff for an accounting firm but I hope to change that soon. I have been hearing about how tough it can be to get promoted in the workplace which is why it's better to be self employed.

I am currently a contract staff for an accounting firm but I hope to change that soon. I have been hearing about how tough it can be to get promoted in the workplace which is why it's better to be self employed.
That's very sad. The promotion aspect is very important. Just like you said, it gives disappointment when the promotion is tough to get in any job.

Yes, in many companies promotion is difficult, but not impossible. When you enjoy the functions you perform, you can always achieve your goals within the company. But it is better to be an entrepreneur and thus be independent of others.

Yes, in many companies promotion is difficult, but not impossible. When you enjoy the functions you perform, you can always achieve your goals within the company. But it is better to be an entrepreneur and thus be independent of others.
In the few years I have worked, I have been promoted once and I still feel cheated, lol but I wouldn't complain or take it for granted because I know people who are more dedicated and have gotten less.

In the few years I have worked, I have been promoted once and I still feel cheated, lol but I wouldn't complain or take it for granted because I know people who are more dedicated and have gotten less.
I am glad you got at least one promotion, as in the case you describe I know employees who spend many years and do not receive any promotion. The employee must also demonstrate that he/she deserves the promotion by his/her actions.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds