Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Employee promotions

Sariana23

Captain Junkie
Credits
There are several basic criteria for employees to be promoted in companies. When making decisions, employers evaluate each subordinate with certain characteristics, abilities, qualities and skills that must be taken into account to make the most correct decision.

Among the main ones I consider that they should be, the years of service, studies or courses taken during the time in the company, honesty ...
What other abilities or skills do you think should be considered?

Advertisement Placeholder
You are very right, though some companies do not care about promotion, anyways, some of the criterias include hardwork and diligence, these are the major factors that enable promotion even within a short time of joining an organization, some who spend many years in some organizations do not even get an increase in pay, these are the major reasons why we all should improve on our skills.

The first requirement for employee promotion is the vacancy of the upper position like a manager leaves so the assistant manager can be recommended for promotion. In my experience the tenure is just a tie-breaker in case there is more than 1 candidate for the position. Education is also not an issue unless the employee has an added education while employed in the company. For me, the criterion that I give a high value for promotion is the knowledge of the candidate on the position above him. Can he properly handle if he is promoted to the position?

You are very right, though some companies do not care about promotion, anyways, some of the criterias include hardwork and diligence, these are the major factors that enable promotion even within a short time of joining an organization, some who spend many years in some organizations do not even get an increase in pay, these are the major reasons why we all should improve on our skills.
I totally agree with you @tuna89, we have to improve skills, to achieve a deserved promotion with them. Although it is also true that in many companies they do not value the qualities and there is not even a profile that they like of the employees, since they ignore their effort.

I think one thing i mostly consider before even promoting the employees is the skills and behavior of the employees , if it suits me then i would promote him or her i think

I think one thing i mostly consider before even promoting the employees is the skills and behavior of the employees , if it suits me then i would promote him or her i think
This is something that I had not read in the @Vibez topic, which is also important is the behavior of the employee. There are very good employees in companies with excellent skills, but if their behavior is not in accordance with the guidelines of the company, it is not recommended that they give them a promotion.

Well I think if it is a service based industry, then obviously the number of deals and businesses an employee has brought to the company will be considered. I think years of service just like you have said, qualities and character. Also employee's actions and dedication.

Well I think if it is a service based industry, then obviously the number of deals and businesses an employee has brought to the company will be considered. I think years of service just like you have said, qualities and character. Also employee's actions and dedication.
Those details that you leave, the actions and the dedication of the employee are important, since they are reasons of force for said promotion or as they say in some countries to raise the level with respect to their position. And of course something that you also highlight is the benefit that said staff can bring to the company. Excellent!

Seriously speaking in every organisation ir business that a quite number of people are involved as employees then definitely there most be a form of promotion either best on professional ethics or by the duration or the time which someone has spent working, or the capacity and capability of the workers in making an effective work done.

Level of professional advancements should be considered too. Some employees do not bother about improving in their career line and this makes it difficult for them to get promotion.

Level of professional advancements should be considered too. Some employees do not bother about improving in their career line and this makes it difficult for them to get promotion.
It's like this @Bookwormlux, professionalization. When employees feel secure in their job security, they forget to take studies or courses that help them update their professional careers. This is important because in all races there is always news, which goes hand in hand with progress and improvement.

It's like this @Bookwormlux, professionalization. When employees feel secure in their job security, they forget to take studies or courses that help them update their professional careers. This is important because in all races there is always news, which goes hand in hand with progress and improvement.
Professional advancements makes one to benefit from things like awards, international scholarships. There are so many importance of advancing in one's profession.

I had not thought about that @Bookwormlux, the benefits of "awards, international scholarships", in my country also exist, but it is not as fluid as before. This is a huge leap when the employee is efficient at a high level. And of course they try to constantly update with the news of their trade.

I had not thought about that @Bookwormlux, the benefits of "awards, international scholarships", in my country also exist, but it is not as fluid as before. This is a huge leap when the employee is efficient at a high level. And of course they try to constantly update with the news of their trade.
In my country too, the process is not easy, but there are some agencies that help to make things work out easily. They periodically offer scholarships to people who deserve them.

In my country too, the process is not easy, but there are some agencies that help to make things work out easily. They periodically offer scholarships to people who deserve them.
In my country there are academic requirements to be eligible for this benefit, you must have good grades, have an updated file in the Directorate of Student Affairs, have socioeconomic limitations, submit a selection of subjects and proof of grades, among others. The important thing is to have this opportunity.

The first requirement for employee promotion is the vacancy of the upper position like a manager leaves so the assistant manager can be recommended for promotion. In my experience the tenure is just a tie-breaker in case there is more than 1 candidate for the position. Education is also not an issue unless the employee has an added education while employed in the company. For me, the criterion that I give a high value for promotion is the knowledge of the candidate on the position above him. Can he properly handle if he is promoted to the position?
Excellent, you are absolutely right @Alexandoy, "the knowledge of the candidate in the position above him" otherwise, even filling other requirements, it will be difficult to perform in a position where he does not have knowledge. The only way will be, that the one who is leaving the position will dedicate time to guide him.

Excellent, you are absolutely right @Alexandoy, "the knowledge of the candidate in the position above him" otherwise, even filling other requirements, it will be difficult to perform in a position where he does not have knowledge. The only way will be, that the one who is leaving the position will dedicate time to guide him.
The one leaving the post should guide its successor to fit in, into the new role.

The one leaving the post should guide its successor to fit in, into the new role.
This happens in some cases and by mutual agreement, since it is not an obligation of the person in charge of the position to give guidelines to the officer who will take his place. It is assumed that the person has sufficient knowledge and is fit to assume such responsibility.

This happens in some cases and by mutual agreement, since it is not an obligation of the person in charge of the position to give guidelines to the officer who will take his place. It is assumed that the person has sufficient knowledge and is fit to assume such responsibility.
You're right, it is not mandatory for the predecessor to help its successor to fit in well at his or her new position. Cos it is expected that the new role suit his or her credentials before securing it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds