Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Education or Learning a skill?

Both are very important. My advice to young people, is to make sure that while they are in school, they should learn a skill. They can do so during the holidays. It may not be useful to them now but in the future, they will appreciate it.

Advertisement Placeholder
Engaging in both aspect is good in life, learning a skill is pivotal in life while education too is the best thing to have in life , and I beleive its possible to mix the two together because that's what i did too.

Personally, I will not see it as a waste of time as both are important. I agree that these days we don't mostly become what we read in school, but that does not mean one should not go to school if given the opportunity. But in a situation where there is no such chance, I think it is OK for one to learn skill. You may now use the earnings from the skill to further your education. That is opinion.

Learning a skill or a trade Is part of education. Education doesn’t necessarily have to be the western education, it’s an act of learning. Without digressing much from the basis of this thread, both can be learned and one doesn’t stop the other. You can have both education bandbox make money from it
Very true, education is not limited to going to school alone. Every experience you obtain is part of your education, every skill you aquire is also part of your education. But many do not see it this way. They believe education is only limited to going to school and getting a degree

Education and learning a skill are both good it depends on your interest and the capital at tour disposal to execute it. It is good to first be educated before learning a skill it helps you to do things better than illiterates.

Education is very much important but skill acquisition is Kore important to me now. With the present situation of our government one shouldn't depend on education for livelihood.

We go to school to learn how to be better individuals. Going with the mindset of becoming rich would only result to pain and disappoinment in the end. It's better to gain the two.

Both are vital! Education is important and likewise learning a skill. With proper planning it is possible to have both

With this time and age I know so when will very much want to go acquiring expertise, since all they will say is that instruction is a trick, in light of the current shortage of work, and what might be there future when they send that much cash on schooling and comes out without nothing to show for it

However, I will very much want to take you through the excursion of schooling, instruction is astounding on the grounds that long the cycle you will see such countless things that lone the individuals who select can appreciate the advantages, for example,

Thinking about science and different things and furthermore how to fabricate yourself with what you are realizing in any event, when the nation has nothing in future for you.

To be fair, schools in some countries are just a waste of time; I know that many people will be surprised by this post, but it's the reality.
You could resume what you study whole the year in just 2-3 months if you did a powerful formation.

Schools don't give you the practical techniques, and that's the trouble.

Talking on education and learning ba skill, the two complement each other, but getting education should be the priority, then it should be complemented with a skill because education alone might not be enough to sustain you
Well said, the two are very important and none should be look down on. Education is necessary and important and so also is learning a skill. Your skill set could take you places in the future where your educational degree could not but education would give you the courage to be able to stand boldly among them. Now your skills could also provide you with an extra flow of income while your educational degree brings in cash as well

Education is generally term as a process of learning. Learning isn’t limited to schools alone. Learning can be home induced or skills acquired. Acquiring a skill is also a part of learning so it doesn’t have to be a matter of choosing between both. It should be based on the individual mental capacity

Both ideas are welcome and important at the same time. Learning a skill without proper education is like waste of time, same goes for education without any tangible skill to show for it. So both are important
There is a common saying this days in my country among youths that it is better to go and learn a skill or trade than going to school. Most believe that when graduate from school after many years, you still go around to look for work or in most cases go and for apprenticeship again. They see it as a waste of time and resources going to school.
What do you think?
Do you feel school is not necessary anymore?

Well base on my perspective I would like to choose education than skills because of the era and generation we are into, education is the key to success but if there is anyway one can combine the two it would be better.

Well base on my perspective I would like to choose education than skills because of the era and generation we are into, education is the key to success but if there is anyway one can combine the two it would be better.
The two are both good depending on the country that you have find yourself. In my country, to get a job as a graduate is very difficult while most people that learnt a skill are doing fine within short period of time.

Both ideas are welcome and important at the same time. Learning a skill without proper education is like waste of time, same goes for education without any tangible skill to show for it. So both are important
I loved your post, as well as those of many members. In conclusion both are important, both skill development and education, the fusion of both can take you to places you won't get to for lack of one of them.

I don't think you can choose between education and skill as you need both to become successful. However, some people succeed without skills and education.

both of them are necessary depending on the country you are, if you are in the European country it is necessary for you to get experience first then you back of your experience with university degree and you are good to go because you will get straight employment.

In a very dysfunctional state like this I would advice that you should take the both of them because there is no guarantee that one is over the other.

We all know in our current world, things are getting advanced, AI is taking over some job away from humans. If we dwell.only on education without skill it won't fetch us a lot to stay afloat of financial stability.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds