Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does religion have an effect on the type of business to do?

religion can affe
I was discussing this with my co-worker a few days ago. She wanted to start a business but has no idea about what to sell. So I told her to solve the needs of the people in her area, especially since the area is still developing.

After careful examination, she said because she is the wife of an Islamic cleric, she would not be allowed to sell the products.
What do you think of this? Does religion have a role to play in businesses?

If we talk about the effect on business, it might be negative or positive effect, surely religion has effect in some business take for instance, Islam don't eat pork meat so they cant sell anything related to pig meat and also Islamic material like rosary doesn't has to with christian therefore religion has effect in business
Religion can affect the kind of business does but i think its largely dependent on the individual and how committed he or she is to their religion, some can decide not to sell hair extensions for instance because their religion doesnt permit it

Advertisement Placeholder
Definitely yes! Religion have an IMPACt it plays on the kind of business path one chooses. For a Christian, it is widely believed that you shouldn't involve yourself in the sales of had substance like marijuana
Sometimes it's not the religion to have effects on business, but the interpretation of the rules. In the case of the marijuana, it's allowed a chemistry to only sell to sick people, affected by some kind of cancer, to relieve their pain, under medical prescription. Obviously, what isn't allowed is drug traffic (it's a vile crime and whatever the religion it goes on being a vile crime) nor to sell marijuana to healthy people that want to consume it as a vice. Lot of time, a wrong interpretation of religious rules comes from lack of schooling. Who lacks schooling, may not be able to distinguish things such selling a drug cause cancer pain and selling a drug to feed people's vices.

If you think too much about God, you will never be able to do what you can do. You don't have to be religious to stop yourself from doing unethical things, you can be ethical and moral person even without being religious.

I was discussing this with my co-worker a few days ago. She wanted to start a business but has no idea about what to sell. So I told her to solve the needs of the people in her area, especially since the area is still developing.

After careful examination, she said because she is the wife of an Islamic cleric, she would not be allowed to sell the products.
Religion have a great role to play when it comes to business and this have stop so many to make good money because of there believe system and this has really destroy so many business

Yes I live in a place where African Tradition Religion is wide and they always have rules like when someone dies they don't work they pay their respects to the ancestors and so on even christians such as Seventh Day Adventist churches they don't touch money on Saturday they just continue on the day but that limits one but it's also religion that has to be respected

We all know that there are certain places where religion disallows people from doing certain type of business. Like the selling of alcohol for instance is prohibited in Islam

We all know that there are certain places where religion disallows people from doing certain type of business. Like the selling of alcohol for instance is prohibited in Islam
This reminds me of my brother who worked in the Middle East many years ago. From him I learned that you can be jailed if you are caught drinking or having alcoholic drinks in your barracks (accommodation). Alcoholic drink is illegal because it is against the religion of the Arabs.

Religion is open to interpretation. You can interpret in a way you want. Islam does not allow to collect interest by lending money. However, the banks are just doing that and banks are in every Islamic country.

The religion and personal beliefs of myself and most importantly of the location that I plan to set the business matters a lot when I am planning.

Yes it does,to some extent i think.
As a muslim,there are some business that one cannot go into for example,a clerk or an office assistant,one is expected to dress very officially and as a devoted muslim or hijabite,one can't work in these firms.

Very sure religion has a kotmof effect on the type of business one can go into actually. There are certain plqces in the town where the most populated residents are Muslims. You cannot be running a night club around such part of town particularly in a state

Very sure religion has a kotmof effect on the type of business one can go into actually. There are certain plqces in the town where the most populated residents are Muslims. You cannot be running a night club around such part of town particularly in a state
Well there is no need to be religious on the type of business you are going into ,we just have to do a legal business that the government accepts and will not put the life of other people in danger.

Those who are religion inclined put that into consideration most times when going into business. They wouldn't want to get involved in things their religion speaks against.

Just like culture and personal taste come into play in business analysis, so does religion. There are people who sell religious books and items of worship as a business ND they are good at it

Religion and personal beliefs definitely affects which business I create and also the location that I am going to create a business because of their own beliefs to.

There are so many people that their religion and personal beliefs are against them doing some kind of businesses and it is definitely not bad.
Well substance of people that uses religion as an excuse for them not to do a particular business how what will call religious extremist so business should be business except in a situation whereby the business is illegal.

Yes religion has a role to play in choosing the type of business people do. There are business prohibited by the different religions in which their adherent abide with.
These include sales of alcoholic beverages, tobacco,hard drugs, gambling etc.

Religious activities and principles Really have effect in the kind of business one establish. For example as a Muslim one can't engage in alcoholic Business or buy and sell pork meat because it's forbidden in the religion

To my personal experience I don't think religion has anything today with business but it some extent some may say.ot depends on the kind of business operation if it's a legal business or not because some religions condemned or discouraged some kind of business most especially the sells of unauthorised drugs.

I know that it is not everywhere that they practice that. I have also worked in a place that is owned by a Muslim and there was no discrimination. But I know of some organizations that they do that
Its almost everywhere in the religion , I am working in a Muslim organisation and they are treating me like a family member , so its not everywhere , I understand your point.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds