Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do your government charge self employed individuals operating on small scale business tax??

Of course the government do collect task from small shops owner, because I remember when I always be with mom in her shop to help in some goods,I do see task collector do come to her and ask for task money.
Here in my area they don't charge retail stores tax, unless they're operating on a government residential settings or marketplace then tax will be imposed to them.

Advertisement Placeholder
Of course government here tax every business owner be ye small or big organisation to pay an tax and the amount depending on the quantity of the business you are running.

My government recognises the important of the small informal sector. So, while it does charge them tax, it's really negligible to incentivise them and keep them interested in establishing themselves. There's obviously a threshold, but for the most part, they don't even need a license to operate.

Of course government here tax every business owner be ye small or big organisation to pay an tax and the amount depending on the quantity of the business you are running.
Government doesn't command tax to small businesses in the country. Unless you're selling in the government market, or government residential areas. If not, i never seen where retail shops in Nigeria complain about tax charges to their business.

Taxes are what are used to run the country and as such, here everyone pays taxes or at least is supposed to but a lot of those laws are not being enforced because of poverty

Taxes are what are used to run the country and as such, here everyone pays taxes or at least is supposed to but a lot of those laws are not being enforced because of poverty
Laughs. You know the matter, not all business are charged for taxation cos of poverty strain. Those heavily marred by covid19 are overlooked by my country's government. They focus mainly on the lucrative business enterprise that generates lots of income to command tax from them.

Every country have their way of charging taxes to individuals, companies and businesses in their respective demographic. I respect every bit of their decisions concerning tax, cos they generate revenue income through it. It helps improve the economy when add up with other income generated services. My country charges businesses that operates on a high level, tax. But small scale or mini businesses doesn't contribute to the tax levy. They will only enroll into the tax payment if their business becomes a registered and licensed one under the federal or state government bureau.

How do you own government act when it comes to taking taxes from mini/large businesses??
I believe that in my country the tax works on your annual profit and so it will vary depending on how much the business is making. Therefore if you have a large business with good profits, then you are paying a higher percentage in tax than a smaller and newer business.

Our government task every business owners irrespective of the size of their business, things are even made more difficult for business owners here with the different type of tax impose on them by the government

In my country, small scale business don't pay direct tax. They only pay levh issue to them by the local government official of their buinsess location. However, if the business is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission, then it will be charged by government.
ofcourse they pay tax but they might not see it as taxation because it comes in differnt format,the local council issues out operational voucher in form of ticket and some other sundry expenses that are being paid by unstructured busineses.

That depends on which kind of small scale buisneses you're talking about. Some of those operating in open public spaces and those operated randomly are been taxes here

They might not tell you directly that you should pay tax as a small business owner, but there are ways they still collect tax from the citizens. I trust the government for that 😂 tho i believe majority of workers be it a small or large business owner are expected to pay tax

The money that is realised when people pay tax is what is used in the nation building and it is only fair that everyone should contribute no matter how small.

Well in my country, what should be normal isn't so I'm not sure how they are handling this matter since I have no trust whatsoever in the capability in effectively running a nation

Different countries have different tax policies. In my country, small business owners pay tax. Although they once proposed tax holiday but indirect taxes were still effected.
Taxes are what the government needs to be able to carry out their responsibilty to the mases.they do this by formulating a tax policy,and impliment same on busineses.For small busineses,it can be in form of annual operational payment,stickers and some sundry charges for their busineses.

Each nation has its method of charging assessments to people, organizations, and organizations in their particular segment. I regard all of their choices concerning the charge, cos they produce income pay through it. It improves the economy when accumulating with other pay-created administrations. My nation charges organizations that work on a significant level, charge. However, limited scope or little organizations doesn't add to the duty demand. They will possibly select into the expense installment if their business turns into an enlisted and authorized one under the administrative or state government department.

I do not think so. But I know one thing for sure, whether directly or indirectly, we all pay tax. Government are supposed to allow small businesses grow to a large extent before proceeding to bill them for tax.
Tax are gotten from profit of a business and as such companies should be allowed to make reasonable profit before paying tax
The answer is yes, government do charge small business operators do tax , if you are a Nigerian, I owned a small baking ingredient stores in osun state and they normally collect tax from us every year with receipt.

Unquestionably, the public authority in my country Nigeria is charging and burdening entrepreneurs despite the fact that the economy isn't even positive for anybody still yet they actually attempt however much as could be expected to drain out each penny in the type of assessment from the entrepreneurs. The issue isn't in any event, paying the assessment yet that the vast majority don't see the effectiveness of the expense they are paying for.

It is disheartening to see the government of my country charging small scale businesses unreasonable taxes despite that the money they collects are not put into good use. They charge small scale businesses for banners at the front of their shops, they also charge them for emissions of their power generation set and hawking permits.

Yes the government here charges some of the small business men and women certain amount of money every year , this is not actually a tax money but it could be as a form of development Levy, town maintenance and others

The government in my country charges taxes from small scale businesses. And they even go about this charges collection in an indiscriminate manner by their officials

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds