Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do your government charge self employed individuals operating on small scale business tax??

The government in out home country wants every business, no matter what the size is, to be legally operated. Legally operated means the company is registered with local administration and also pays tax.
You're right. The government doesn't want any business be it small, medium or large to operate illegally. That's why they want them all to be registered under their affiliation.

Advertisement Placeholder
The government in my country do not charge direct tax to small scale business owners but they do collect unnecessary dues from them. Dues like emissions from generating set, motor bikes, grinding machines and the likes. They also charge for tenements rate which is exorbitant.

The government in my country do not charge direct tax to small scale business owners but they do collect unnecessary dues from them. Dues like emissions from generating set, motor bikes, grinding machines and the likes. They also charge for tenements rate which is exorbitant.
Okay, the little business you mention are not under tax regulatory in my country. Those businesses are just petty scale business, government doesn't know about it.

Based on the recent announcement from the government in my country, the government is about taxing everything from vat to salary to private and public companies which has a good side if the money is not embezzled but the negative side seems to be affecting us more as more business are closing daily.

If you're just getting started in industry, you'll want to know what taxes you'll have to pay. You'll need to talk about the taxes on these things if your company has changed—for example, if you've purchased land or started recruiting employees.

All businesses wether small or big established businesses in my country are all tasked, even though there are even some illegal taxes going on

Every country have their way of charging taxes to individuals, companies and businesses in their respective demographic. I respect every bit of their decisions concerning tax, cos they generate revenue income through it. It helps improve the economy when add up with other income generated services. My country charges businesses that operates on a high level, tax. But small scale or mini businesses doesn't contribute to the tax levy. They will only enroll into the tax payment if their business becomes a registered and licensed one under the federal or state government bureau.

How do you own government act when it comes to taking taxes from mini/large businesses??
Yes, tax are being charged by government from small scale organizations, because they are also making profits from operating.

In my country, both small scale and large scale businesses are taxed. It is not great that a small scale business is taxed but it is as it is and we cannot change it. I am just glad that during the pandemic when businesses were really going down, taxing was removed. But it has recently been brought back.
[automerge]1619005004[/automerge]
In my country, both small scale and large scale businesses are taxed. It is not great that a small scale business is taxed but it is as it is and we cannot change it. I am just glad that during the pandemic when businesses were really going down, taxing was removed. But it has recently been brought back.

[automerge]1619005004[/automerge]
Your government pitied those businesses during the high surge of covid19. They didn't want them to suffer financially degradation too much. Charging them tax as covid19 is gradually slowing down is necessary. Government also generates funds through it.

Yes, government do tax small and medium scale enterprises or business. However, they do so indirectly most times depending on your country. In mine, they give them loans, to find their business and in return, when they pay back, they do so with interest. The taxes is also said from their bank charges.

The government here is showing a mean streak towards small scale businesses by saddling them with double taxation at the state and local levels. Lots of businesses have packed up because of the unending harassment from greedy government officials tasked with extracting taxes from these businesses.

Yes, they do. Let's say I am a person who earns money online. I have earned a good amount of money online and I want to withdraw it. When I will cashout my money, the governemnt will deduct taxes and charge me, so yeah I am paying taxes and the governemnt does charge me. So being a self-employed individual, you have to pay taxes no mtter what.

here where i live they don't, they were actually discussing that, but the speech about it just disappeared without releasing any official rule about that

The tax system in Nigeria is not so strong. A lot of companies evade tax how much more entrepreneur. This should not be. A system have to be put in place to get something back from the masses. More important, this tax funds most be monitored closely to prevent embezzlement

Definitely no our government don't charge any amount from self employed in smaller scale they only charge those with lager scale

Every country have their way of charging taxes to individuals, companies and businesses in their respective demographic. I respect every bit of their decisions concerning tax, cos they generate revenue income through it. It helps improve the economy when add up with other income generated services. My country charges businesses that operates on a high level, tax. But small scale or mini businesses doesn't contribute to the tax levy. They will only enroll into the tax payment if their business becomes a registered and licensed one under the federal or state government bureau.

How do you own government act when it comes to taking taxes from mini/large businesses??
Of course the government do collect task from small shops owner, because I remember when I always be with mom in her shop to help in some goods,I do see task collector do come to her and ask for task money.

Well concerning your question on if small businesses pay tax to government officials, well, I would say I have no information on this but whatever way it is I think taxes are for the development of the nation and it helps the government

Every organisation individual pay tax as a citizen of a country you are liable to pay your tax and small-scale business and exempted. As a small business owner they are being charged to pay tax and when they produce or sell their product they are added to the product as VAT.

In my country government taxes is met for everybody both big organization and small establishment down to retailers and small shop owners everyone pay taxes and it is not new to us.

I'm a self employed farmer, i have a shop where i market my farm produces. I'm not charged by the government here in my country. I operate in mini way, and it doesn't charge the small retail stores tax.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds