Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do your government charge self employed individuals operating on small scale business tax??

MY aunt owns a shop. She is taxed yearly or so. The tax they charge is not reasonable too. Imagine part of the bill they send is radio and tv ownership for a shop that doesn't even run with electricity. But she makes enough to pay though. Tax is inevitable

Advertisement Placeholder
I do not think so. But I know one thing for sure, whether directly or indirectly, we all pay tax. Government are supposed to allow small businesses grow to a large extent before proceeding to bill them for tax.
Tax are gotten from profit of a business and as such companies should be allowed to make reasonable profit before paying tax

Every country have their way of charging taxes to individuals, companies and businesses in their respective demographic. I respect every bit of their decisions concerning tax, cos they generate revenue income through it. It helps improve the economy when add up with other income generated services. My country charges businesses that operates on a high level, tax. But small scale or mini businesses doesn't contribute to the tax levy. They will only enroll into the tax payment if their business becomes a registered and licensed one under the federal or state government bureau.

How do you own government act when it comes to taking taxes from mini/large businesses??
You are right little businesses do not pay tax but there are other ways government generate revenue from small busineses.They pay permit and other levies through government agencies.

You are right little businesses do not pay tax but there are other ways government generate revenue from small busineses.They pay permit and other levies through government agencies.
They don't pay, they only pay levies to the government agencies just as you mentioned. And again they pay to the government when they operate their business on government reserve place for buying and selling then they will be charged.

In my country to succeed is a very big turbo the department has refused to provide jobs for a steaming population of people painting their own into businesses into things that will give them the money to go out for themselves something the government has failed to do the same government that has still to help them by assisting their with Louis and all of that will still come our father in the name of tax and overland

There is no government in any country that doesn't charge self employed to pay tax, they do charge and they no the right thing todo and they are making the payment and they are enjoying it.

Every country have their way of charging taxes to individuals, companies and businesses in their respective demographic. I respect every bit of their decisions concerning tax, cos they generate revenue income through it. It helps improve the economy when add up with other income generated services. My country charges businesses that operates on a high level, tax. But small scale or mini businesses doesn't contribute to the tax levy. They will only enroll into the tax payment if their business becomes a registered and licensed one under the federal or state government bureau.

How do you own government act when it comes to taking taxes from mini/large businesses??
Whether registered or not, small or medium size business, the government have ways of making you pay into its coffers. The government have different means of deriving revenue from business owners indirectly.

Self-employment taxes are paid to the Social Security Administration for Social Security and Medicare eligibility. If this tax sounds familiar, it's because it's essentially the same as Social Security and Medicare taxes for employees, just with a different name. You pay these taxes on your personal tax return, along with the income tax liability for your business.

My clueless government do that,they don't want to know whether the business is or not.as they have no idea what to do to generate revenue.with the solid mineral resources at their states and massive farm land they cannot utilize it due to their cluelessness.

It depends, some they do you and some they Don't.
there are instances where small business owners are being charged tax based on local government level collectors on a daily basis and some on a monthly basis those that own a shop where they will pay taxes. But in most cases where there is no proper planning on the part of the government, most small business owners might escape paying such taxes and some paid double

In My country it is another different Ball game entirely, everyone just look for away to extort from each other to get what they want , they don't remit the money to improve the economy, most times it all about embezzlement. And I pray things change one day, but it's the worst we see.

there are some situations in which the government or have some business owner especially those that is owning a small business to pay a certain commission, it could be a yearly development fee or so they can even tell them to pay tax for town development that is what they have been doing.

A small scale business owner does not pay tax in this country. They only pay some little less levy to the local government area where they belong to.The government knows that they are just growing and thy can't afford to pay tax

Each country in the world takes taxes from big and small company no matter what you are into whether in large scale or small scale. Tax is what government uses to enhance development in the country.

In my opinion small businesses are supposed to also be taxed no matter the country except 4 countries that do not offer basic amenities like electricity good road network security and insurance policies but on a regular small businesses should be tax because the form an integral part of any country's economy
Taxing small business is not the problem, but after taxing them, it's very important that the government provides what they are supposed to do with the tax money. It's not to collect all their money all in the name of tax and embezzle it.

All businesses must pay several different kinds of taxes, some easier to understand than others. Taxes for businesses come in several varieties: federal, state, and local.

There are also different types of taxes depending on various business activities, like selling taxable products or services, using equipment, owning business property, being self-employed versus having employees, and of course, making a profit.

In Nigetia I have not heard that government charge but they must pay tax because tax is very important here. Infact just of recent government opens free business registration for whoever want to register business to get CAC certificate

Tax is one of the many avenues that government in any nation gets money to carry out it's responsibilities to it's citizens.And any responsible government would always device a means,no matter how minimal to help it's internal generational drive.
In my country the government levies small business who are not registered through the local council operational receipt voucher and some other sundry charges,which are gotten on the spot

In my country little level organizations have no duty even you are delivering little things in your home you didn't cover any assessment however in the event that you are keen on your organization, at that point you need to pay charge for it. It doesn't forced on the business which are shrouded likely.

In Nigetia I have not heard that government charge but they must pay tax because tax is very important here. Infact just of recent government opens free business registration for whoever want to register business to get CAC certificate
Yes, I was aware of this CAC registration of business for free to anyone who's interested in registering his or her business to be officially know. But what you don't know is that it's through this registration process that they get your business records and start taxing you with it. Never trust Nigerian 🇳🇬 government.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds