Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you think men or women are better at Negotiations?

Negotiations are typically approached differently by men and women. Males tend to be more assertive and confident in their talks, whereas women tend to be more collaborative and typically adopt a more careful, analytical approach. Both strategies can be effective in negotiations, so it's crucial to take the negotiating situation into account when deciding which is more useful.

Advertisement Placeholder
Negotiations are typically approached differently by men and women. Males tend to be more assertive and confident in their talks, whereas women tend to be more collaborative and typically adopt a more careful, analytical approach. Both strategies can be effective in negotiations, so it's crucial to take the negotiating situation into account when deciding which is more useful.
This is why a person should not differenciate by gender but the agencies has this differenciation based on gender for negociation this is not successful scheme and just judge by gender knowledge.

I don't think it is a gender thing. It largely depends on how exposed you have been to business. In general, women find it easy negotiating with men and men find it easy negotiating with women.

Men will be better in negotiation than women because of the experience and the exposure because most of the men are more experience and more exposed than most of the women.
I think women are very good when it comes to negotiation and they are better than men because I have experienced a lot of cases where by women negotiate good very well

I don't think it is a gender thing. It largely depends on how exposed you have been to business. In general, women find it easy negotiating with men and men find it easy negotiating with women.
Thouth its not a gender thing because both male and female are good at negotiation but men are believe to be more better than women when it comes to negotiation .

I reckon that women have a way to maneuver and get a business negotiation over the line. Women know how to use psychology naturally and they can deploy this to great effect in a business negotiation.

It depends though, i think women are better at this, my mom can actually price down something that is worth 50 dollars to 15 dollars. Most times it surprises me. There are also guys who know how to negotiate as well though.

I don't think men or women are better than one or the other when it comes to negotiations. I'm sure there are some men and some women who are superior to their male or female counterpart. Both men and women do just fine with negotiations. I don't think you can claim one or the other does a better job than the other. I think it's a moot argument, because men and women can do just about the same in this case.

I reckon that women have a way to maneuver and get a business negotiation over the line. Women know how to use psychology naturally and they can deploy this to great effect in a business negotiation.
Lolz, this is true. Their persuasive nature make them suitable to be a better negotiator but even with that I still believe it depends on individual. A man could be a better negotiator if the opposite gender is involved.

I don't think the ability to negotiate is gender specific. It simply depends if the person has good persuasive skills and the ability to always sound convincing.
I think you are right. I have seen some men who are good in negotiating than women. This makes to believe that persuasive and negotiating skill are not gender based. Anyone regardless of gender can be a good negotiator.

Women are better in negotiation than men. How many men have time to negotiate for long? But women have enough time and they are naturally talented when it come to negotiation. Women are indeed better than men in negotiation.

Personally I don't think that someone sex have anything to do with how good the person is going to be when it comes to negotiations but it is something that someone have to learn and be very good at irrespective of their sex.

Negotiation skills are not inherently tied to gender but are instead influenced by a combination of factors such as communication abilities, preparation, understanding of the negotiation process, emotional intelligence, and knowledge of the subject matter.

people often ask whether men or women are better negotiators. during my experience, I noticed that women are passive and submissive and also focus more on the maintenance of relationships while men look dominant and authoritative during their duties.

for me, It's impossible to select a specific gender but to select the mentality and the skills of the human.

So Do you think men or women are better at negotiations? and Why?

The effectiveness of negotiations is not determined by gender but rather by a combination of individual skills, knowledge, experience, and personal qualities. Both men and women can excel in negotiations, and success in this field is not limited to any particular gender.

Lolz, this is true. Their persuasive nature make them suitable to be a better negotiator but even with that I still believe it depends on individual. A man could be a better negotiator if the opposite gender is involved.

There is a difference between someone being good in arguments than someone being good in negotiation and that is the reason why I can agree that women can actually be very good in arguments but not good in the same way in negotiation. But that doesn't mean that a woman cannot be good in negotiation.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds