Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you think men or women are better at Negotiations?

You are not far from the truth because both men and women are better at negotiation but the men are little bit more better because of the level of exposure for men. On the negotiation, table experience has a lot of things to do.
Women are also good at negotiation but it has limitations. The extent to which a man would go, the woman may not be able to accommodate it to that extent.

Advertisement Placeholder
people often ask whether men or women are better negotiators. during my experience, I noticed that women are passive and submissive and also focus more on the maintenance of relationships while men look dominant and authoritative during their duties.

for me, It's impossible to select a specific gender but to select the mentality and the skills of the human.

So Do you think men or women are better at negotiations? and Why?
This is actually a very difficult question to answer when you think deeply into it. Both genders have their own way of persuasion and it depends on which way gets to the person they are negotiating with

Women are also good at negotiation but it has limitations. The extent to which a man would go, the woman may not be able to accommodate it to that extent.
The limitation that women has on the negotiation table is that they tend to be emotional. The male counterpart coud shield himself away from emotional attachment.

Women tend to do better with negotiation and this is due to the fact that, they have a lot of patience to wait until they get the best value for whatever it is that they are paying money for.

Women tend to do better with negotiation and this is due to the fact that, they have a lot of patience to wait until they get the best value for whatever it is that they are paying money for.
There is a level that buyer shouldn't be below on saling else paying from its pocket money but women doesn't care sometimes. Discount should be resonable in case buyer is not paying any money or lesser from buying price.

There is a level that buyer shouldn't be below on saling else paying from its pocket money but women doesn't care sometimes. Discount should be resonable in case buyer is not paying any money or lesser from buying price.
You are right about this, and this is very important for buyer to make sure that the deal goes fair for both themselves and the person who is selling, because it doesn't make sense to let others run into losses because you are negotiating.

It is true that men are better in negotiation than women because they are more exposed and they have more experience just like what you have stated out. but we also have some women who can do same.
I don't believe that men are better than women in negotiation. If study most of the big companies in the world, you would notice that women dominated their marketing team. I know there are some men that are excellent in negotiation, but when compared with the number of women, they are only few.

I don't know , but I believe women are really good at negotiation. They have been doing it more than men. There may be a psychological reasons why women may be good at this.

In negotiations, women perform better than men.
How many men have the patience to haggle for hours?
Women, meanwhile, have plenty of time and are skilled negotiators by nature.
In fact, women are more effective in negotiations than males.

When it comes to the issue of choosing the gender that is good at engagement or negociation,you wil really have to look at the capacity of the individual and his ability to make use of these skills very well.

When it comes to the issue of choosing the gender that is good at engagement or negociation,you wil really have to look at the capacity of the individual and his ability to make use of these skills very well.
In actuality, you are right so to some extent because the ability of the individual will play a long role in this situation.
It is a must to consider the ability of the individual before choosing either man or woman for a negotiation.

I have been in a lot of negotiation before and I can see that it has nothing to do with gender. Experience and knowledge of psychology IS what is going to help you to get a better deal for your company.

Both men an women are good at negotiation but it depends on the kind of person, we have some kinds of people that don't want the idea of negotiation.

Negotiation is an activity that has a lot to do it psychology and understanding of the subject matter than gender. Somebody who knows how to deal with people can be able to get a good deal for himself over the people he is representing.

Negotiation is an activity that has a lot to do it psychology and understanding of the subject matter than gender. Somebody who knows how to deal with people can be able to get a good deal for himself over the people he is representing.
Negotiation has nothing to do with gender . It has to do with experience and professionalism, a woman can negotiate better if she has the understanding of the subject matter.
Negotiation has nothing to do with gender . It has to do with experience and professionalism, a woman can negotiate better if she has the understanding of the subject matter.

You are right with your opinion on this topic. I believe that negotiation is based more on tactics and psychological strategies which can be implemented by anyone regardless of gender. Different genders can also use various tactics but still negotiate the same kind of deal.

For me I'll say it's women because they're wired to have a more focused and disciplined approach towards business. Though there are some men who can do same but the general difference between the two is the amount of reach.

I'm a type of person that doesn't complain much or spend much time trying to bargain on a particular product, but I think women seems to be more persuasive than men when it comes to that.

Personally I think none is better than the other but all are good for the job. we all have better roles to play in a negotiations depending on who it comes to us and how we can respond to it at the best time.

I won't use gender as a precursor to dictate who is better in this case. It depends on your nature and exposure and the kind of things you are passing through. Any gender can be good and so I can't draw a line here.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds