Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you see a graduate becoming a full-time farmer

A graduate can definitely be a farmer. I am a graduate and I am a proud farmer. Many people are running to farming now. Agriculture and technology seem to hold the future. Long gone the days where people think farming is meant for the old, rugged illiterates. The narrative is changing.

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes so many due to the lack of job, especially a country like Nigeria where there is unemployment a graduate can later become a farmer,though I see no reason why one cannot engage in farming, it's a good business if done in large scale.

Education they said, is a good legacy. But reverse is the case in some developing countries like Nigeria. In my country Nigeria, every young graduate want a white collar job, but few of them consider a blue collar. I am beginning to see African continent as a food basket of the world in future if graduates are ready to move into Farming. I see Africans providing foods to the world and making things happen as a results of our vast land mass. But, it's not like that now, our resources are not worthy any longer since we all want to travel out of our country to a well developed countries, all in the name of greener pastures. Well, can you advice a graduate to move into full-time farming? Let's hear your opinion.
Of course, it very much possible for a graduate who studied agriculture in the higher institution of learning to go into full time agriculture. I have always loved to study agriculture and have my farm so as to contribute to the food production of the nation in other to reduce starvation. I have graduated as an agriculturist and I am willing to go into full time farming.

Of course, there is a course called Agriculture, agricultural engineering, agricultural extension and so many of them.
going into agriculture is a very lucrative venture but the problem is many people today look it as something dirty and everybody wants to work in the oil company which is very bad for the economy.

My question is why associate farming with illeteracy? People go to school to study this area of farming and they are graduate. I think the right question should be: can you switch from your field to become a Farmer?
[automerge]1611650217[/automerge]

Exactly what I was just saying. People have forever added the words peasant, illeteracy to farming. Farming is an entire faculty in the higher institution. I guess that's the reason why My country Nigeria has failed to develop her agricultural sector to standard
You know I get tired of this kind of question. As a matter of fact, many graduates will remain unemployed till thy kingdom come because they refused to think outside the box. They are carried away with their achievement as graduates and refused to stoop low to conquer.

Education they said, is a good legacy. But reverse is the case in some developing countries like Nigeria. In my country Nigeria, every young graduate want a white collar job, but few of them consider a blue collar. I am beginning to see African continent as a food basket of the world in future if graduates are ready to move into Farming. I see Africans providing foods to the world and making things happen as a results of our vast land mass. But, it's not like that now, our resources are not worthy any longer since we all want to travel out of our country to a well developed countries, all in the name of greener pastures. Well, can you advice a graduate to move into full-time farming? Let's hear your opinion.
I see no big deal in when a graduate become a farmer. It is even agricultural farming alot of people are going into now,if not fishery it will be poultry.
So, once it is a source of making money and generating income no big deal.

Yes I can see majority of graduates both those who studied agricultural science and others becoming full time farmers. This is because of the technology integrated into the modern agricultural system and because of scarcity of job in the labour market.

Allot of graduate today in my country are full time farmers due to lack of government work and opportunity and some of them are farmers because they use farming as the only source of survival to their house/family.

Farming is a good and valuable business if it is done with full Concentrations. We have a special farming degree called agricultural degree of farming in which students learn all the types of farming and get their graduation degree. So many people are graduate and farming after their degrees. But as you said that white color Jobs are needed to everyone, I think in developing countries specially we can't get all the things, rather we have to create opportunities by ourselves, and farming is one of them.

Yea their are already so many graduates who are toiling the path,many who have lost hope in the search of white collar jobs and also those who have burning desires for something of their own have since gone into farming as their main source of levlihood and funny enough they are making it full time.
[automerge]1612463913[/automerge]
Yea their are already so many graduates who are toiling the path,many who have lost hope in the search of white collar jobs and also those who have burning desires for something of their own have since gone into farming as their main source of levlihood and funny enough they are making it full time.

Farming is now a lucrative job that is profitable and it's really wide both in Nigeria and outside country, if a graduate can think of being a farmer after school then he must have experienced some things in the past before concluding to be a farmer, In Nigeria now, you can't rely on white collar job to live a good and standard life, farming is a trending work that provide good and stable profit if you can overlook the stress in it.
[automerge]1612464045[/automerge]
Farming is now a lucrative job that is profitable and it's really wide both in Nigeria and outside country, if a graduate can think of being a farmer after school then he must have experienced some things in the past before concluding to be a farmer, In Nigeria now, you can't rely on white collar job to live a good and standard life, farming is a trending work that provide good and stable profit if you can overlook the stress in it.

You know I get tired of this kind of question. As a matter of fact, many graduates will remain unemployed till thy kingdom come because they refused to think outside the box. They are carried away with their achievement as graduates and refused to stoop low to conquer.
Exactly. Most are full of pride on their so called white collar certificate while the main goal is to make money. They fail to realize that there are several say you can earn without their white collar certificate.

According to my own understanding, I don't think graduates will go into full-time farming after they have spent years studying and struggling to cope with campus life. I see many graduates going into educational set-up

Bros. D truth is bitter but it's not going to change bc farmers don't make as much as you think. I was like u before n learnt under different farms while gathering experience n experience. I made mistakes and ALOT OF it but it made me a beta fish consultant after over 2yrs.wat it seems I lost am now gotten over and over. No regrets. U need to start small n grow.

It’s a massive industry that contains a wide variety of skills, knowledge and careers that all come together to provide food, livestock, clothing and our very culture. Fundamentally, agriculture is the basis of every civilisation. Without it, the world just wouldn’t be the same. It’s one of the most rewarding and sought out careers that you could ever embark on.

Farming business is very lucrative and is bringing great income to people who are into it whether they are Agricultural university/higher institutions graduate. Even people who are not graduate are into Agriculture as a business and even professionals like Medical doctors, lawyers, military officers, Accountants so it's nothing new, a graduate can be a full time or part time farmer

Primarily, farmers are trained through hands-on experience and are not required to have a college degree. However, associate's and bachelor's degrees in farming or agriculture are available. ... In addition, a farmer must have experience operating and maintaining complex agricultural machines.

Most graduates believe farming is primitive in nature. Many would prefer to go for white collar jobs rather than farming. The narrative is changing gradually with more graduates embracing farming as a full time job. We now have many digital farmers now.

Why not, a graduate can become any thing he/she wants to involve in other things if they want to. So yes graduates can becime full time farmers. Most white collar jobs are also not paying as high as a full-time farmer

A graduate becoming a farmer has nothing to do with what the world is, right now. A graduate becomes a farmer so as to be able to apply the knowledge gotten into it and excel. The knowledge would help to stand out and he might not dirty his or her hand. The graduated farmer might just employees workers to do things.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds