Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you see a graduate becoming a full-time farmer

Education they said, is a good legacy. But reverse is the case in some developing countries like Nigeria. In my country Nigeria, every young graduate want a white collar job, but few of them consider a blue collar. I am beginning to see African continent as a food basket of the world in future if graduates are ready to move into Farming. I see Africans providing foods to the world and making things happen as a results of our vast land mass. But, it's not like that now, our resources are not worthy any longer since we all want to travel out of our country to a well developed countries, all in the name of greener pastures. Well, can you advice a graduate to move into full-time farming? Let's hear your opinion.
Just this is common in my village I know many people who are graduated and they are full-time farmer I am also having master degree and part-time doing farming my neighbor is graduated and he is in agriculture field and his full-time duty is growing the crops.

Advertisement Placeholder
If he/she is interested in the agriculture business then of course a graduate can become a full time farmer. He doesn't even necessarily have to go to the farm for him to be seen by people before he can be called a farmer. Technology has brought so many things to us easily and at no stress at all.
You are right, it is not bad for a graduate to venture into agricultural business, it is very lucrative and of high demand as no one can survive without food produced by farmers. But it must be a mechanized farming for more productivity

Yes I can advise somebody to go in to full time farming because there is no work any where especially like my country as you have said earlier where if you do not know those that are in government that means there is no way for you.
So instead of you wasting your time looking for white Collier job why not creating one for your self by go in to Farmibg business because its very lucrative and your produce is a necessity in the market that everybody will always looking for to buy.

Of course, if there is Passion for it. In my country, you see people going into professions you would never have thought due to unavailability of jobs. I have a friend that studied agriculture economics while in school, after graduation he went ahead into farming business and he's been making money from it

Very funny but yes of course and more over agriculture has different sector and a graduate farming should be able to do it well using different strategies. There is the livestock sector in agriculture, the irrigation method, farming crops and harvesting depending on how it is done there is profit.

Of course yes because of the some poor country where we find ourselves, but actually is not bad to become a farmers we all know that education is important , but is better to cultivate

Anybody been a graduate or non graduate can be a farmer,it depends on the kind of farming you are engaging yourself with or probably you can practice both animals and cash crop farming, farming is a profession not just mere job which pays a lot of if managed properly.

Very possible, in this economy where there are no jobs available to graduates, one has to startup something. People look down on farming, we eat food everyday, definitely farming is a good source of income as long as you do it right and seek advice from those in the business before you start.

I have friends that are farmers and they are also graduate. Agriculture is not meant for non graduate alone and I believe are better managed by graduate because of how enlightened they are. As you clearly stated, Africa might become a food basket for the rest of the world if more graduates decides to farm

Primarily, farmers are trained through hands-on experience and are not required to have a college degree. However, associate's and bachelor's degrees in farming or agriculture are available. Aspiring farmers can learn through apprenticeships or by being supervised and trained by experienced farmers.

farmer plants crops and raises animals. They harvest and sell their goods to produce markets and food companies both nationally and internationally. Farming is a precarious industry because it's influenced by the weather and disease and subject to price vacillations. Farmers typically work long days, and some of the work can be physically strenuous. These professionals work outdoors with their hands in most kinds of weather, and about three-quarters.

It may sound somehow though but it's real, I have seen it, a graduate becoming a full time farmer. I think it's even better than seeking for white collar jobs around, you invest in your farm and livestock AMD at the end of the day the yield you more profit that even a white collar job can't give. And with that you are even educated in doing that so you can even do it with an exceptional difference

I have never seen any of them in my country and it will even be a surprise to see a full-time graduate in my country becoming a farmer because they believe that nothing can come out for farming even those that were doing animal science in the university still want to work for oil company don't know why.

Education they said, is a good legacy. But reverse is the case in some developing countries like Nigeria. In my country Nigeria, every young graduate want a white collar job, but few of them consider a blue collar. I am beginning to see African continent as a food basket of the world in future if graduates are ready to move into Farming. I see Africans providing foods to the world and making things happen as a results of our vast land mass. But, it's not like that now, our resources are not worthy any longer since we all want to travel out of our country to a well developed countries, all in the name of greener pastures. Well, can you advice a graduate to move into full-time farming? Let's hear your opinion.
Rather than going to foreign countries for earning money, it is better for a newly graduate person to become a farmer in his own country because every one should always be loyal to their country. There is no issue with becoming a newly graduated farmer, he can revolutionize the farming filled with his studies by using biotechnological tools.

One thing about agriculture is that it is not easy for a private individual or one single graduate to establish a standard agricultural farming because it require is so much amount of money that only the government can afford to, that is why I believe agriculture is only for the government.

Yes.
A high school diploma – ideally, with a concentration in laboratory sciences or advanced mathematics – is required to apply to an agriculture degree program.

The specific degree earned is determined by the kind of farming the student wishes to pursue. Many Associate’s and Bachelor’s Degree programs in agriculture will soon make practising agriculture graduates numerous in the field.

What's wrong with a graduate being a full-time farmer? Farming is a very lucrative career in other places, hence Farmers in such places are the richest set of people and not politicians like in Nigeria. Education is supposed to equipped the graduate with the necessary skills and thinking capacity to add value to the general society, being it through farming or otherwise.

Most large scale farmers are graduates as farming in the 21st century is more technical than it used to be. It takes skills to run a great farming business. Being a graduate is now a more than ever needed

A graduate can become a farming business especially if the course he has taken is related to agricultural farming. This does not mean that the farmer will literally plow the land, plant and harvest. He can be called a farmer but he is in charge of the farm.

The same thing is happening in my country, Kenya. Every graduate wants to get a white collar job and just stay in office. Others move out of the country to furthur their studies while working. Yet agriculture is so profitable if you do it full time. Personally, I can go into agriculture even if I am a graduate.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds