Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you see a graduate becoming a full-time farmer

If farming is made lucrative and attractive, thenjoy graduates can venture into it. Government should provide loans and also make suure they buy these produce from them to prevent spoilage. All these will make agriculture attractive to graduate.

Advertisement Placeholder
Although this may sound funny but it's very possible for graduate to become a full-time farmer, the provision of employment in this country is the main reason why I feel it is possible, since government cannot provide employment for graduate,then in no time, they will go into farming and other businesses

You can be a graduate and a farmer. In fact, l have seen many graduate farmers not all farmers are illiterate. I have a friend who is a poultry farmer and he is doing better by far than most graduates with white collar jobs. The most important thing in any business is your passion for it and experience you have on it which goes a long way in determining how successful you become on it.

Yes in my country now a days graduate are becoming a full time farmer , reason been that the rate of unemployment is very much in my country. People are looking for a way to survive and live their life.

Those with foresight are already making their way to farming. As the matter of fact, a lot of students are going into studying agricultural related courses in the university. There's hunger in the world and food is the new form of gold. That's why you have a lot of entrepreneurs investing their fortunes into Agriculture.

Farming in my family and grew up around farmers most of my life. There are few professions as noble, and it's incredibly difficult and stressful work. I have the greatest respect for what they do. Without farmers you would be hungry naked and sober.

The mentality of people on who will or who will not engage his or herself in agriculture shouldn't be on been educated or not.

Graduate can become a farmer so it will help him or her sustain life and productivity mind you mechanized farming is also form of farming

Education they said, is a good legacy. But reverse is the case in some developing countries like Nigeria. In my country Nigeria, every young graduate want a white collar job, but few of them consider a blue collar. I am beginning to see African continent as a food basket of the world in future if graduates are ready to move into Farming. I see Africans providing foods to the world and making things happen as a results of our vast land mass. But, it's not like that now, our resources are not worthy any longer since we all want to travel out of our country to a well developed countries, all in the name of greener pastures. Well, can you advice a graduate to move into full-time farming? Let's hear your opinion.
Farming is also a kind of profession but mostly I haven't see in my full life then a graduate student means he has invest a lot and then become farm it's very hard for a graduate to become farmer because many other feilds are also there in which we can earn esaily

It is possible for a graduate to become a full time farmer. Being a full time farmer isn't bad because we have agriculture as a major course in higher institution of learning. I don't see reason a professional should not practice his profession.

Education is just for you to represented anyway you find yourself. Farming is profession which education will be a plus in the implementation of the strategies to be used. You will get a better understanding in-terms of production & sales with your education. Being enterprenuer pays more than working for people.

Yeah of course I met with one of my friend which did bachelor in commerce and now he is completely a farmer. He has his own land much but with he also take much land on lease and doing work. He mostly sow potato, maize, corn,wheat and cotton. He is earning well.

I think that sometimes we over think these thighs and make a profession seem bad. There is no rule book or law that states that farming is not for graduates or anything like that. The only thing I see is that farming is not an easy task for graduates because you need a lot of money to earn big.

When it comes to humans being, eating is essential. We need to eat at least 3 time a day. The goal is to make money and there are lots of opportunities in the Farming sector where graduates can make good amount of money from, so I don't think it's a bday idea if s graduate goes into full time farming

I don't know why graduate does not consider farming nowadays especially those that studied farming in the higher institution, even those that is studying agriculture still want a white collar job, but agriculture is a business that alot of people are becoming rich in it,if you have anything that is required to start an agricultural business then nothing can stop you from doing it.

I don't see anything bad for a graduate becoming a farmer
In my country people study agriculture and they are also graduate
Agriculture or farmer in not a bad profession, because you will be able to earn money to feed yourself and your family
Agriculture has so many advantages and I don't see anything bad if a graduate decides to go into agriculture.

Most graduate are not aspiring to go into full time farming due to the picture that has been put on the vocation as the work meant for the poor, although that mindset Is inbeded in most youth, there are still some that are very interested in farming and find it exciting. So definitely, they would willingly become a full time farmer.

My answer is an affirmative 'Yes'. As ages are changing and as we are moving to the technology age, farming is becoming more lucrative and advancing from what it used to be during the stone age. Invention of different farming implements is getting more youths, especially the so called graduates into agriculture in a large scale dimension.

Oh yes, there is nothing wrong for a graduate to become a farmer. There are so many agricultural courses in the university. But I get where you're coming from, every Nigerian youth wants to work in oil companies thereby relegating agriculture and its potentials to the Nigerian economy. If the government can set up a plan that will make the youth realise that agriculture is very lucrative, of course I see the Nigeria economy booming sooner or later. Now the blame shouldn't be solely on Nigerian youths, the government itself relegated agriculture during the era of oil boom, so, many Nigerians grew up with the mentality that everyone must wok in the oil industry.
And in the area of everyone wanting to leave Nigeria, I think it is so bad. The government need to put things in place so that Nigerians can see the potentials in the country.

Yes of course graduate can become a farmer. I don't even see any reason or any barrier that make graduates not to be a farmer apart from level of unemployment. If you are a graduate study agriculture as a course nothing stop you to practise your profession instead of waiting for government to give you job or working under someone. The only problem maybe lack of capital and inavailability of land.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds