Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you see a graduate becoming a full-time farmer

Yea, I'm not seeing graduates becoming farmers but,I have Seen graduates become farmer . It hurts and what's making it so is because no graduates want to become a self employer the all want to be employed by the government and the government is becoming something else
I definitely think that a graduate can become a farmer or even full time farmer that will take it as his lifelong business. The family business is the most lucrative business ever and most people do not realise this because they always come on nice the farming business as they think that it is a local and a menial business.

Advertisement Placeholder
Farming is open to everyone and for anyone who is interested in going into it. A graduate can become a full time farmer if the person doesn't want to continue in his or her profession. Moreover,farming is more lucrative than most professions.

Their is nothing wrong in graduate becoming a full time farmer. Farming is a noble profession and should be hold high. It's the heart of an economy and it's a sector that should be supported

most people in developing parts of the world are venturing into Agriculture including graduates..... It is a booming sector and I see nothing wrong with a graduate engaging in farming even though most people look at it as a job for illiterates.... You have the necessary capital you can employ labourers to work on your farm for you
The funny thing is that does who actually look at this kind of job or occupation are actually the clueless ones. The day my mindset changed about agriculture was when i saw the millions coming out of it. Its a very vast field

Education they said, is a good legacy. But reverse is the case in some developing countries like Nigeria. In my country Nigeria, every young graduate want a white collar job, but few of them consider a blue collar. I am beginning to see African continent as a food basket of the world in future if graduates are ready to move into Farming. I see Africans providing foods to the world and making things happen as a results of our vast land mass. But, it's not like that now, our resources are not worthy any longer since we all want to travel out of our country to a well developed countries, all in the name of greener pastures. Well, can you advice a graduate to move into full-time farming? Let's hear your opinion.
Well I think a graduate going into full-time farming is good but it's easier said than done , cause as a graduate what comes to your mind after graduation is a well paying job maybe in a company etc ...let's say you choose farming , you need capital to start , a land , what type of crop to plants etc so it's not easy at all one has to plan alot...

Education they said, is a good legacy. But reverse is the case in some developing countries like Nigeria. In my country Nigeria, every young graduate want a white collar job, but few of them consider a blue collar. I am beginning to see African continent as a food basket of the world in future if graduates are ready to move into Farming. I see Africans providing foods to the world and making things happen as a results of our vast land mass. But, it's not like that now, our resources are not worthy any longer since we all want to travel out of our country to a well developed countries, all in the name of greener pastures. Well, can you advice a graduate to move into full-time farming? Let's hear your opinion.
I don't see anything wrong if a graduate is into full time farming,what I am very sure of is the way a graduate will be doing is own farming will be different from the way the local farmers do their own.

It is not all farmers that are not educated, I have seen so many graduates that are farmers and doing perfectly well in farming than graduates who chose white collar jobs.

If we go into farming full-time with the right modern farming tools/equipments and large piece of land to plant different types of food crops, we'll come to reap the benefits at large in the future.

most people in developing parts of the world are venturing into Agriculture including graduates. It is a booming sector and I see nothing wrong with a graduate engaging in farming even though most people look at it as a job for illiterates. You have the necessary capital you can employ labourers to work on your farm for you.

Although this may sound funny but it's very possible for graduate to become a full-time farmer, the provision of employment in this country is the main reason why I feel it is possible, since government cannot provide employment for graduate,then in no time, they will go into farming and other businesses
It is possible for graduates to become full time farmer. If the graduate will decide on that he is going to make for his life. It is really up to him to decide. But since in your statement that the government cannot provide the employment, most likely he will go into farming. In our country i think farming does not need a degree.

A graduate can definitely becomes a full time farmer, farming is not only about cultivation of crops. There are many areas of farming that a graduate can actually specialized on and makes a reasonable profits from it.

What makes people think that agriculture is only for those who have not attended college. I my home countries, a lot of people who have had degree from foreign universities have become full time farmers.

I don't see anything wrong with it my friend. There is a lot of opportunities embedded in the farming business, and being a graduate should not stop you from venturing into it.

Yes like in my own country graduate also go into farming using mechanize tools and it ha been their source of income

Whatever puts food on the table right, I do not see any bad thing in a graduate being a farmer, some even go to school to learn mechanised farming.

Farming is not bad vocation, many people are looking at farming from the subsistence aspect of how and cutlass.If there are opportunity for mechanised farming everybody will want to be a farmer.

I graduated without job for two years. I decided to go back to whst I've been known doing, which is farming. It doesn't matter if you're a graduate or not, your survival matters.

There is nothing wrong with being a full time farmer in the first place. A graduate can become one if it's his passion or he wants to keep himself busy. He won't be a crude farmer like peasants and he can put in better ideas to work than an average farmer.

i dont know about every graduate. but fe of the graduates around me not all engage in farming, some buy in large quantity and sale when there is need for it. unfortunately most percentage of graduates dont see farming as an idae thing to do

Been a farmer is of two types. You can be a farmer and never cultivate a land before and you can also be a farmer a be cultivating land.
I also want to be a farmer but I won't be a farmer that will be cultivating land. I will pump money into farming and employ farmers to farm for me and from there u will make profit

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds