Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you see a graduate becoming a full-time farmer

Whether you’re looking for a whole new career or just simply don’t know what else is out there for you, agriculture could be the answer you've been searching for.

To help shed a light on one of the best industries to work in, we’ve created this blog to give you the rundown of why a career in agriculture might be the path for you. We’ll also let you know if you need a degree to start your dream job, or whether there’s a chance for you to jump right in.

So, why work in agriculture?

Agriculture isn’t just farming

It’s a massive industry that contains a wide variety of skills, knowledge and careers that all come together to provide food, livestock, clothing and our very culture. Fundamentally, agriculture is the basis of every civilisation. Without it, the world just wouldn’t be the same. It’s one of the most rewarding and sought out careers that you could ever embark on.

With technology advancing and changing the industry, agriculture provides an exciting opportunity and a diverse number of career options. Recently, the agriculture industry has also faced a high growth in employment levels, making it one of the most desirable industries to work in right now.

Agriculture is also one of the fasted growing courses and degrees that students and young people enrol on. But, do you need a degree in agriculture to get started?

Advertisement Placeholder
Education they said, is a good legacy. But reverse is the case in some developing countries like Nigeria. In my country Nigeria, every young graduate want a white collar job, but few of them consider a blue collar. I am beginning to see African continent as a food basket of the world in future if graduates are ready to move into Farming. I see Africans providing foods to the world and making things happen as a results of our vast land mass. But, it's not like that now, our resources are not worthy any longer since we all want to travel out of our country to a well developed countries, all in the name of greener pastures. Well, can you advice a graduate to move into full-time farming? Let's hear your opinion.
Being a full time farmer as nothing to do with your qualification or existence as a graduate. Farming is highly rewarding,and as it is even the well educated are going into it. Sometimes even having a formal education can even make you a better farmer. As a larened person you can make research,use best farming practices to getting good yields.
[automerge]1611652677[/automerge]
Education they said, is a good legacy. But reverse is the case in some developing countries like Nigeria. In my country Nigeria, every young graduate want a white collar job, but few of them consider a blue collar. I am beginning to see African continent as a food basket of the world in future if graduates are ready to move into Farming. I see Africans providing foods to the world and making things happen as a results of our vast land mass. But, it's not like that now, our resources are not worthy any longer since we all want to travel out of our country to a well developed countries, all in the name of greener pastures. Well, can you advice a graduate to move into full-time farming? Let's hear your opinion.
Being a full time farmer as nothing to do with your qualification or existence as a graduate. Farming is highly rewarding,and as it is even the well educated are going into it. Sometimes even having a formal education can even make you a better farmer. As a larened person you can make research,use best farming practices to getting good yields.

why not that you can become anything just because you went to school doesn't mean they have to work with their certificate once you have nothing to do with your certificate you can also venture into farming

Graduates mostly don't like doing farm work, they feel they are above such kind of a tedious work.
So when it happens that they graduate and they does not see work to do, most of them even prefers to do labourer's job than farming. There is this resentment to farming that everyone has these days.

I don’t see anything bad in farming neither do I see anything wrong in graduate becoming a Farmer. We have student who spend 4-5 years in the university studying Agricultural Science as their Major. Such individual should graduate with that certificate and face their field, school has help them sharpen their knowledge and this will differentiate them from a crude Farmer or the rural farmers. They can farm Technically and Agriculture isn’t all about farming, we have so many fields it entails and cover.

Yes education doesn't stop us from being farmers, and why people look down on farmers is because they think farmers are poor people or people who could not make it in life, olusegun obasanjo is a farmer and he has the largest farm in west Africa, if obasanjo can be a farmer why can't a graduate be one if white collar job is not around or available

Yeah i think it shouldn't be possible for full time farming and i guess for part time farming it should be possible for such things to happen because i am always busy online and farming full time again could really be another burden ,,so i am better off farming part time to make more cash for my self i think , then use that money to do other important things that i would love to do i think

What is wrong if a graduate become a full-time farmer in this 21st century in Nigeria are you saying all graduates must be employed in the office I hope you are aware that farming is also an investment

I actually feel agriculture is a good career to involve oneself with. The problem most people have is that when they think agriculture they think cutlass and hoes. Modern agriculture has grown beyond that to mechanized farming and I don't see why a graduate can do this. There are countless universities that run agricultural programs worldwide.

To be sincere, I don't think have ever seen such before. I do hear people going to study agriculture in the university. But using the knowledge to work as a farmer is what I hardly seen one doing. They rather leverage the knowledge into life stock or something other than farming.

I actually feel agriculture is a good career to involve oneself with. The problem most people have is that when they think agriculture they think cutlass and hoes. Modern agriculture has grown beyond that to mechanized farming and I don't see why a graduate can do this. There are countless universities that run agricultural programs worldwide.
I agree with you @Trojan8 , when they talk about agriculture, a farmer with a hat with a machete in hand immediately comes to mind. and that apparently makes them feel inferior, but the reality is different. Farmers are very important businessmen for humanity, and even more so now that it is mechanized, which makes work easier.

I have seen a lot of graduates farming. I think the biggest reason is that the number of jobs in your country is less and people are graduating more. Although farming is a lucrative profession, a graduate should work in his field.

I agree with you @Trojan8 , when they talk about agriculture, a farmer with a hat with a machete in hand immediately comes to mind. and that apparently makes them feel inferior, but the reality is different. Farmers are very important businessmen for humanity, and even more so now that it is mechanized, which makes work easier.
It seems from what we have been made to see and believe over the years. A farmer with rough clothes and a hat ploughing the field. And then graduates like bankers and accountants looking all clean and posh. Modern-day farmer can also look all posh and clean with the right tools and yet plough the earth with sophisticated machines.

It depend of everybody ambitious see graduate because farm is not something new I too I'm education person and I have been dream of going to farm sector but the only thing keep hold me down is fund I need financial support to be able to start my farming business

It seems from what we have been made to see and believe over the years. A farmer with rough clothes and a hat ploughing the field. And then graduates like bankers and accountants looking all clean and posh. Modern-day farmer can also look all posh and clean with the right tools and yet plough the earth with sophisticated machines.
Exactly, it is the image that we have of farmers over the years, and perhaps that is why recent graduates do not want to see themselves that way, perhaps they like elegance for the joviality. But I think that working on a farm is fascinating, I've lived in the capital all my life, but whenever I can I go to a farm to enjoy it. So I don't see anything wrong with working on it.

The population of the world increasing day by day. Many young people want to get White collar job . But some of them get job . The educated young people who can't get job he should start farming. I think if a educated person start farming he is better than others farmers. Because he is educated and knows that what things are required for this.

well how much I have seen mostly educated person are not going to farming they are not even considering it but in my opinion ok if we get the education in farming and then utilise it in the agriculture sector then it is fruitful because education provide backbone to the agriculture also so if we produce quality products and then we market it in a better way and utilizes all the resources that we have then it is good to go for farming after education

a graduate can actually become a farmer and there is nothing wrong with that but in some continent of the world especially in Africa a graduate does not like to become a farmer because they expect to get a white collar job after graduation that is why most of them can stay for a very long time without having something to do.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in becoming a farmer after graduating from school. In fact I'm a perfect example of this. Ever since I graduated from university, I've ventured into commercial crop production and I can tell that its profitable business. Apart from the fact I get huge return on investment, I also have my time to myself because I'm my own boss. Agriculture is one of the businesses that cannot be overwritten by technology evolution, it can only important I've it.

I am a graduate and I enjoy farming. I have a poultry farm that I don't joke with at the moment and it's a thing of joy to watch these birds grow. This hasn't stopped me from going to work and giving my best at my workplace. It is all about finding a balance in what you do.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds