Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you see a graduate becoming a full-time farmer

A graduate can be a full time farmer if he decides to. It all depends on his/her decision and plans. Today in Nigeria famers are not encourage, and one big disadvantage of faming that discourage young farmers is the lack of introduction of technology into farming system.

Advertisement Placeholder
I personally doesn't see anything bad in a graduate becoming a full time farmer because we have a lot of student studying agricultural science in the universities. Those ones can graduate and then become a successful farmer. With good capital and facilities there is nothing bad in farming business. It is a very profitable business.

If they want to pursue farming, why not? However, in my country, most of the young people don't want to become a farmer because it is such a hard work. Also, most farmers here are getting poorer because of high expense. Most of the students wants an IT related course, because it is what is in demand, even though we are ana agricultural country.

Many see this topic or discussion in a more negative manner or rather give a more negative approach to it because where all arms of government has failed and individuals cannot even use their own resources as they please to fend for themselves. Farmers are great people who need more recognition than they currently get. I would prefer farming at its full capacity rather than a white collar job. If a graduate sees success in farming and has the capacity, skills, and resources available to make it, then he/she should do it with all diligence

We should come of the mentality that farmers are old people that go to farms with Cutlass and hoe to do manual labor, farming as gone beyound that and now farmers can be a graduate or whoever that manages a farm, big farm with mechanized equipments use for farming, the problem am seeing is that farming requires huge amount of capital to start, if you have the capital fine then you can venture into it. Because it's a really lucrative business

Becoming a farmer is not bad considering with other jobs.
Farming is the best occupation all around the world , people are progressing through farming and provide food to the word.
But mostly people think that it's a kind of shame work for them so i will must say that if you want work any where than you need to be ready for every type of work because farmers get more profit from the farming the agricultural things.
I've been telling a lot of people to invest in agriculture because there is no how you will just encounter any loss in agriculture and beside any products you bring out from agric is of high demand and people will patronize you alot but just that our graduate are too proud to go into agriculture because they are much more interested to have a white collar job.

Yes, expecially in our country Nigeria, they is that zeal most graduates has now to go into farming , and the AGSME load federal government is giving is really helping them to farm well...

Gone are those days were graduate go after white collar job only... The situation now is different.
[automerge]1610544756[/automerge]
Yes, expecially in our country Nigeria, they is that zeal most graduates has now to go into farming , and the AGSME load federal government is giving is really helping them to farm well...

Gone are those days were graduate go after white collar job only... The situation now is different.

Education is a basic need of any human being but unfortunately many people cannot find a job after graduation or they do not get a government job.So they become farmers but there is not much profit in it. Try to get a job in a private company or make some money and invest.

If he/she is interested in the agriculture business then of course a graduate can become a full time farmer. He doesn't even necessarily have to go to the farm for him to be seen by people before he can be called a farmer. Technology has brought so many things to us easily and at no stress at all.

If he/she is interested in the agriculture business then of course a graduate can become a full time farmer. He doesn't even necessarily have to go to the farm for him to be seen by people before he can be called a farmer. Technology has brought so many things to us easily and at no stress at all.
Yes you are right even though technology has done so much in terms of agriculture and improvement of life but there are some graduates that are too proud to even think of working as a farmer as 90% of all graduate especially in Africa are interested White collar job and working in big companies.

I definitely think that a graduate can become a full time farmer. Especially if you look at the area that they are living in. If there is a large need for agriculture then farming can be a very good and profitable business opportunity for them which they should venture into. Also depending on what they studied, it could be that their degree will aid them in managing or even in developing a more productive farming system.

It's kind of a situation that you might want to ask the person, Why? Just why would they want to? But i know someone from here he's a graduate and his relatives are convincing him to go to other country to work with them. But no he doesn't want to.. he just wants to be a farmer. Not someone who owns his own farm but an employed rice farmer. That's actually an Oof moment but it's their choice and their life.

It is always difficult to see graduates venturing into full time farmers because most of them felt they are above such work. But for those graduates l have seen in farming, they do harvest a lot of profits from their farms and most of them even don't do the farm work directly by themselves as time goes on and they get a lot of money.

People place too much important on being a graduate, education gives one knowledge, being a graduate does not mean one is better than an undergraduate farmer. Being a graduate should not stop one from being a farmer and beside people study agriculture science in the university. If more knowledgeable venture into farming, it will definitely help the country.

In my country if someone not interested in study or weak in study and can not score big in study, His parents push him into farming as in my country farming is like for uneducated people. So after reading you statement, weather they are willing to go to farming, might be they studied to avoid themselves from farming type tough tasks, its upto their choice.

Job Requirements. Primarily, farmers are trained through hands-on experience and are not required to have a college degree. However, associate's and bachelor's degrees in farming or agriculture are available. ... In addition, a farmer must have experience operating and maintaining complex agricultural machines.

no one prays for that but I think with the situation of our country (Nigeria) it's likely it happens cause education does not have value anymorev or should I say the society doesn't value education anymore due to the irrational treatment the government is giving the teachers /asuu.

Yea, I'm not seeing graduates becoming farmers but,I have Seen graduates become farmer . It hurts and what's making it so is because no graduates want to become a self employer the all want to be employed by the government and the government is becoming something else.

Yes there is nothing wrong with a graduate becoming a farmer, there are people that studied agriculture in school and after which decides to own their own farms. for cultivation of plant and rearing of animal without these people there would be nothing for us to feed on, how then would we survive.
[automerge]1611608695[/automerge]
Yes there is nothing wrong with a graduate becoming a farmer, there are people that studied agriculture in school and after which decides to own their own farms. for cultivation of plant and rearing of animal without these people there would be nothing for us to feed on, how then would we survive.

Hmnnn.
That's a tough one. We know the tag that is being placed on farmers. We regard farming as a dirty job. If only we know how big the business is. It will take a lot of orientation and encouragement to make a graduate go into farming. Until their eyes are opened to the benefit of farming, I don't think any graduate will want to be a farmer

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds