Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you see a graduate becoming a full-time farmer

Education they said, is a good legacy. But reverse is the case in some developing countries like Nigeria. In my country Nigeria, every young graduate want a white collar job, but few of them consider a blue collar. I am beginning to see African continent as a food basket of the world in future if graduates are ready to move into Farming. I see Africans providing foods to the world and making things happen as a results of our vast land mass. But, it's not like that now, our resources are not worthy any longer since we all want to travel out of our country to a well developed countries, all in the name of greener pastures. Well, can you advice a graduate to move into full-time farming? Let's hear your opinion.
I think we picture farming as a poor man's job. A graduate can venture into mechanised farming and make it big more than those that are in white collar job.

Advertisement Placeholder
Agricultural students have been waning in numbers here according to the University of Agriculture official. It seems that the young ones are not interested in an agricultural course. The average age of our farmers is nearing 60 which is already old. I wonder how our government could push the high school graduates to take up an agricultural course. The trend is getting scary because every year the number of enrolled to agricultural courses are lessening.

Actually bit not bad thing to become a farming... farmers are making good money now, if you are a famer and you go school you will be operating your farm as a business and you will be get good and will become rich than anyone with white collar job
Thanks, farming is a business, an educated farmer who has plans makes more money than some employed by another company, a farmer can conviniently engaged in both Crop and Animals production and the money keeps coming.

Yes sure, the need for the graduate to be self reliance and independently making personal income without depending on the government or big collar Job. I have come across many graduates who sorely depend on farming as their means of survival, such agricultural produce are being exported to earn them lucrative profit; I.e Soya beans farming, cashew farming, pottery and fish farming.

It's not a wrong thing to be a full-time farmer but as a graduate there are supposed to be better job opportunities. I've seen a first class graduate in mathematics become a tricycle driver in the transportation business so the problem is that there are so many people but so few job opportunities and again the government and the economy and not helping issues.

I don't see any reason for a graduate becoming a farmer, because agriculture is a course on it own
Although this may sound funny but it's very possible for graduate to become a full-time farmer, the provision of employment in this country is the main reason why I feel it is possible, since government cannot provide employment for graduate,then in no time, they will go into farming and other businesses

Education they said, is a good legacy. But reverse is the case in some developing countries like Nigeria. In my country Nigeria, every young graduate want a white collar job, but few of them consider a blue collar. I am beginning to see African continent as a food basket of the world in future if graduates are ready to move into Farming. I see Africans providing foods to the world and making things happen as a results of our vast land mass. But, it's not like that now, our resources are not worthy any longer since we all want to travel out of our country to a well developed countries, all in the name of greener pastures. Well, can you advice a graduate to move into full-time farming? Let's hear your opinion.
Yes, you are right. In developing counyries like nigeria amd pakistan people living in villages become a full time farmer. When they do not get a good job they shift to farming. I agree with you. It can be observed in the world.

Sure there is nothing wrong with a graduate been a full time farmer. I believe with the right resources and proper management,agriculture would be more rewarding even than the so called white collar jobs. The only problem is the illeteracy among the present youths who see farming as been tedious and not rewarding enough as white collar jobs.

depends on what kind of career you want in agriculture. For most entry-level jobs, you don’t need a specific qualification. All the skills and knowledge that you need to excel in the field is taught with hands-on experience, meaning that an apprenticeship or work experience placement in the industry will be enough to get you started towards your dream job.

In recent year university Graduates are the ones pushing and championing the course of promoting mechanized farming across the country. Their contribution in my country is immense ranging from policies and implementations. The reason they have been able yo contribute that much is because of the formal education they have been exposed too, which enable them make inform decisions.

Graduates can venture into farming as fuklbterm job I if only government makes it attractive. Afterall, there are universities that admit candidates for agricultural science. But it seems a dirty job because it has not been mechanized.

This is no surprise to me, as looking at the situation of his/her country's economy. And in other cases it could be be because of passion

Education is still the best legacy. Agriculture isn’t only for the less literates, it’s for all and I don’t see anything bad in combining a white collar job with agriculture. Unemployment rate around the whole world is high and not only Nigeria is in that situation

Most graduates feel too good about themselves. They think that the only job that is worth their time is white collar jobs. Some of them would never consider a blue collar job even when there is high rate of unemployment. Farming is very profitable but sadly, only a few graduates would consider it.

Yes with the right tools and knowledge.
I started a small garden at the back of my house at the beginning of this pandemic, and I have and still am benefiting a lot from it.
Am getting more interested in farming because of it.

Farming is big business if you have the resources to go into it. If the government make farming very attractive I can bet you that lots of graduates will happily drop their certificates and qualifications and go into farming full time. But for that to happen, government need to provide the necessary machines and grants that will make farming worth the effort.

Yeah, I see a graduate becoming a full-time farmer most especially in Nigeria where government are now making it more attractive for the you

Oh yes have seen a graduate becoming a full time farmer because that's what he loves and he as experience also he's really devoted to it after he couldn't get any job so the only option he got is farmer and he's giving it his best till now

Very well I’d say. The end game is to be productive and make this money.

Farming, if done the right and proper way is a lucrative business. But the problem today is that everyone wants a white collar job. Especially in Africa farming is mostly considered a lesser profession most especially by youths, and that is very wrong. Farmers are the backbone of every country.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds