Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you see a graduate becoming a full-time farmer

In the absence of white-collar occupations, farming is a very good alternative. And it's never a bad idea quitting your white-collar job for agriculture because I heard of a Ghanaian man who happens to work in a bank(a banker), and eventually quit his job to start farming.

Advertisement Placeholder
Everything is possible in our world. You can put in your educational experience in farming and earn a good amount from it. It's not easy starting as you'll put in some money and effort in your first year of starting. It gets better with time as you expand and produce more .
I prefer entrepreneurship than jobs because it makes me my own boss.

With the current state of Nigeria, most graduates will either end up farmers or other blue collar jobs because the government and the leaders are no ready to fulfill any of their promises, graduates who doesn't wants to engage in illegal businesses will surely farm

It is not a bad idea for a graduate to go into full time farming, everyone cannot be doing white collar job. What some bankers earn in a month is what some farmers or even some mechanic earn in a week. Farming is a very lucrative business and they are as well respected in some countries.

I really don't see any downside to a student becoming a farmer. From my point of view, agriculture is a profession with excellent income and not everyone knows the world of agriculture. His work beyond making money is a means of feeding for the general population. As opposed to feeling below white collars, they should be proud of their work.

A lot of graduates now venture into agriculture on a full time basis, I have a friend who is into both poultry and fish farming on a full time basis and he's making a lot of money, gone are the days when farming is seen as an old people's job, I will advise graduate who has the capita to venture into agriculture.

Farming is a good business.. Pakistan is agricultural country.If a graduate person becomes a full time farmer its not bad..its good.because a graduate person think with business mind.

The thing is I cannot advise anyone or a graduate to go into field he does not want to or is not interested to work on but to be very serious and be very sincere farming is very profitable especially in Africa ,if any graduate is willing to humble his or herself and work as a farmer in any farming area he understand then he can make a living out of it, that's the simple truth,

yeah, I have seen such a person, who is graduate and is working very well in his crops fields as a good farmer. He is doing a good business by managing his recourses. He is much experience in his field and well utilizing his education in the crops fields.

I have seen graduates become farmers.
Here in Nigeria, it has now been 8 years or so now that the government has not done solid nation wide employment. In the case of a country as ours how do you think that her graduates will survive?
Nigeria government is not helping matters and her graduate are suffering.

I don't understand what the title is trying to say. Perhaps, he should have been a little more specific. Such as do you see a science graduate becoming a full-time farmer, or commerce graduate working on the farm, etc. What if you pursued an education in agriculture science? An agriculture science graduate makes the best farmer because he knows what exactly should be done.

Am a graduate and of recent am finding the agricultural sector really interesting and enticing and am seriously considering going into it full time. Depending on how it turns out it may just be the main stay of my career.

There are courses that deals with agriculture either animals or crops.farming is just like other professional jobs that makes you a lot of money and create a lot of employment opportunities.do not waste your time looking for a white collar jobs, farming is the bedrock of a Nation.problems why people are running from farming especially young graduates are lack of mechanisation,lack of storage after harvesting and no enabling environment

A graduate who study farming in the university can decide to be a farmer after graduation and there is nothing wrong with that sometimes it depends on the mindset of some individual there are some people that are always too proud to be a farmer after graduating they believe that graduate only deserve to have a white collar job

Farming is not an occupation for poor people, or should I say it is not just for old people. I think it is wrong to think that farming will only benefit the old. This is 21st century, and I don't think there is anything wrong with a young graduate getting his hands on it. I am a farmer too.

Well I don't think it is a must that a graduate must stay in his field if study to get a job , I think a graduate should do whatever works it could be farming, or a white collar job as long as he earns enough. In terms of farming anybody can venture into farming.

Education they said, is a good legacy. But reverse is the case in some developing countries like Nigeria. In my country Nigeria, every young graduate want a white collar job, but few of them consider a blue collar. I am beginning to see African continent as a food basket of the world in future if graduates are ready to move into Farming. I see Africans providing foods to the world and making things happen as a results of our vast land mass. But, it's not like that now, our resources are not worthy any longer since we all want to travel out of our country to a well developed countries, all in the name of greener pastures. Well, can you advice a graduate to move into full-time farming? Let's hear your opinion.
Education they said, is a good legacy. But reverse is the case in some developing countries like Nigeria. In my country Nigeria, every young graduate want a white collar job, but few of them consider a blue collar. I am beginning to see African continent as a food basket of the world in future if graduates are ready to move into Farming. I see Africans providing foods to the world and making things happen as a results of our vast land mass. But, it's not like that now, our resources are not worthy any longer since we all want to travel out of our country to a well developed countries, all in the name of greener pastures. Well, can you advice a graduate to move into full-time farming? Let's hear your opinion.
Sure, if the individual has got passion for that then no problem.
The issue here is that there are good money in the agricultural sector, all that's needed is for the government to make fund's (soft loan ) available to the people and then you will see people do great in that field.

Becoming a farmer is not bad considering with other jobs.
Farming is the best occupation all around the world , people are progressing through farming and provide food to the word.
But mostly people think that it's a kind of shame work for them so i will must say that if you want work any where than you need to be ready for every type of work because farmers get more profit from the farming the agricultural things.

Why not? A graduate can turn out to be a farmer. Being a farmer does not change the fact that he's educated and a graduate. It will e be n help me do his farming activities better. Going to school requires you to apply your skills to whatever you do.

According to some comments I've seen here, someone should try looking for white collar jobs, and if he couldn't land one, he can venture into agriculture as an alternative. In all fairness, this shouldn't be the case. Agriculture should not be seen as a last resort for graduates, in fact, they make it a priority. This sector basically provides food and other necessary needs for people, so going commercial in it is definitely a good idea.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds