Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you see a graduate becoming a full-time farmer

Education they said, is a good legacy. But reverse is the case in some developing countries like Nigeria. In my country Nigeria, every young graduate want a white collar job, but few of them consider a blue collar. I am beginning to see African continent as a food basket of the world in future if graduates are ready to move into Farming. I see Africans providing foods to the world and making things happen as a results of our vast land mass. But, it's not like that now, our resources are not worthy any longer since we all want to travel out of our country to a well developed countries, all in the name of greener pastures. Well, can you advice a graduate to move into full-time farming? Let's hear your opinion.
Graduates can go into farming and do well but only if they are committed to it and i think farming requires alot of commitment to flourish so only one who is willing to put in the work should go into it

Advertisement Placeholder
Good luck to your future. I like people who have the mentality of public service for the people and for the environment that it is not just money in their mind. Agriculture is a big industry and profitable if you know the ins and outs of the distribution to the market.
Thank you. Another thing why I like agricultural investment is because you don't need much knowledge in the venture juat the basic skill and monitoring once in a while

There are some courses offered in the higher institution like; agricultural extension, agricultural engineering and even people that did not read those courses are now full-time agricultural entrepreneurs which is very feasible, sustaining and more lucrative.

A lot of things are happening in the world and becoming a farmer is a good job in which people don't value , my brother is a graduates and he has BSC in mathematics and statistics , but due to the unemployment in my country , he's now a full time mechanized farmer in which he has over 30 hectares of farm land,

Considering how tough it is to get a good paying job right now, I think the idea isn't that bad. I think graduates should change their mindset of what farming means, its not about wearing dirty clothes, digging the soil and clearly farmlands; that kind of person is called a labourer not a farmer.

Most graduates who are unemployed do not have the courage or desire to venture into Agriculture despite it's promising potentials. They feel farming isn't for someone with a degree and that kind of perception is really bad.

Yes, i can advice a graduate to go into full time farming. There's no job any where for graduates these days especially in Nigeria. Instead of sitting at home, why no go into farming. It's a very lucrative business and people are earning millions from it.

I have never seen a graduate becoming a full-time farmer, the only one that may be farmers are people that deal with agriculture In their tertiary institution,but even with this most of them are still looking for an opportunity to stay in the office.. well everyone has their own personal decision to make.

There is nothing absolutely wrong in a graduate becoming a full time farmer. If I am given an enabling environment, I will do it with all my effort and time.

Education they said, is a good legacy. But reverse is the case in some developing countries like Nigeria. In my country Nigeria, every young graduate want a white collar job, but few of them consider a blue collar. I am beginning to see African continent as a food basket of the world in future if graduates are ready to move into Farming. I see Africans providing foods to the world and making things happen as a results of our vast land mass. But, it's not like that now, our resources are not worthy any longer since we all want to travel out of our country to a well developed countries, all in the name of greener pastures. Well, can you advice a graduate to move into full-time farming? Let's hear your opinion.
As far as my country is concerned, anything is possible in this hell hole because no one considers your education here to offer you the job you deserve.

If not why not. The only grouse I'll have or advise the person is that ensure you don't go in half baked because agriculture isn't as easy as most people think.
They just feel they have the idea and then boom, they've established a poultry farm or the likes and in no time it's been run aground.

You should not really worried too much about a graduate becoming a farmer because there are some people who study agriculture in University and come out as a full-time farmer and they are doing very well in the society.

Well of course it is actually very important and possible especially the people who actually studied agriculture in school and besides that agriculture is very lucrative

Sure,

When it comes to humans being, eating is essential. We need to eat at least 3 time a day.

Here come why every nation need farmer.

So farming is a valuable business we need to invest in
I agree with you, farming can be very profitable especially commercial farming. The relative lack of competition and a ready market/demand for foodstuffs makes farming and agriculture even more lucrative.

Yes,it I possible although I sound some how but it can happen at point where the graduate is looking for employment and have not seen any he can start a farm or for work for somehow.

Farming is a professional job. It is because of the way they are treated in my country, that's why most graduates are running away from it. If the sector is reformed and made mechanized, I am sure many graduates will want to involve it. There are even some universities that offer courses on agriculture.

Yes, I know many graduates of agricultural science, agronomy, fishery and aquaculture, forestry, crop science and animal science go into full time farming. Agriculture is the main stay of our economy and many are taking it up as a career.

Sure,its possible for a graduate to end up been a full time farmer,in places like my country it do happen, those who get appointment immediately after graduating are few, its usually the medical students.

I would now not be surprised if I see many graduates working as farmers in the field because of the fact that my country is going through severe economical crisis. The conditions are really worrisome and many people are willing to accept any kind of job in my country due to poor economical conditions.

Graduates mostly don't like doing farm work, they feel they are above such kind of a tedious work.
So when it happens that they graduate and they does not see work to do, most of them even prefers to do labourer's job than farming. There is this resentment to farming that everyone has these days.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds