Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you feel like you are obliged to carry on a family business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claraviolet

Loyal member
Credits
If a family business is doing fairy well, do you think setting up your own business is a good idea? I am sure there are dreams but instead of starting something from scratch, isn't it a good idea to improvise an established business?
Some people I know doesn't like to continue the family business, as they feel they need to start something on their own. If it's an entirely new business then it can be justified a little. Still, if it's a similar business then I don't really get the point of, starting a new one. What do you guys think?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think it is optional, where the person feels good. Although it is always good to have your own business I have independent and if you can, continue working in the family business or leave it

I think it is optional, where the person feels good. Although it is always good to have your own business I have independent and if you can, continue working in the family business or leave it
That is true but if we are starting a business in the same category, then it will be a waste of time. Well, by others opinion anyway. They would just believe that, you are going through a rebellious phase. They will never be able to understand that, you would want to be independent and want to build a network on your own.

It's a little hard when it comes to dealing with such issues.

It depends entirely on how you feel about it. Some people do not like the idea of being attached to a family owned business because their hardworking may not really be recognized by people who think that you got where you are because of ready made success. However, some people willingly embrace family businesses.

Yes and no, it really depends on the situation, first are you interested in the business or not, what line of business are you into? Are you qualified enough to lead that particular type of business, the answers to the questions will determine

If you are not interested in the business that your family owns then you probably shouldn't continue doing it since there is a high chance you will ruin it. Just do what you love and are passionate about

If you are not interested in the business that your family owns then you probably shouldn't continue doing it since there is a high chance you will ruin it. Just do what you love and are passionate about
Yes you are right and even if you not vast in that particular field you just leave it for someone that's is so you don't bankrupt the business.

Yes you are right and even if you not vast in that particular field you just leave it for someone that's is so you don't bankrupt the business.
Selling the business might not be a good idea because again you might be destroying your family's business. But you can leave it to your uncle, cousin or someone in the family that can take it over and grow it

If a family business is doing fairy well, do you think setting up your own business is a good idea? I am sure there are dreams but instead of starting something from scratch, isn't it a good idea to improvise an established business?
Some people I know doesn't like to continue the family business, as they feel they need to start something on their own. If it's an entirely new business then it can be justified a little. Still, if it's a similar business then I don't really get the point of, starting a new one. What do you guys think?
I think that this decision is based on alot of things. First, the person needs to know if the parents and siblings will allow him/her to take over the bisiness. Sometimes this causes so much rangles in families, especially the large ones as everyone wants to take over the family business. Second, a person looks if he/she is interested in the business. Sometimes a family business is just not your passion.

Well, probably yes. It's the family legacy and I wouldn't want it to die down. I may not be one running the day to day affairs of that business but I will be supervising it.

I say it's better to do business with my family, I can open a car service and it will be better. (y) ;)

Yes considering the fact that we all have passion for different things. If I have the opportunity to be running the two together.its going to be nice

I can say, I was doing what my father was doing until I finished college, after I choose another direction and things improved in my life.

when it comes to business about family, especially that of our parents, of course we are obliged to run. But if we want to build our own business, it's better to be independent.

If The family business is doing well you should carry on without I see no need to build another business for yourself i
Believe people with sense of responsibility will do the same i’d Advice you start your business only if you don’t like the family business

Family business I not that a Herculean task, it requires dedication and discipline to sustain it. So if such qualities are missing, it will be difficult to carry-on.

when it comes to business about family, especially that of our parents, of course we are obliged to run. But if we want to build our own business, it's better to be independent.
Yeah, sometimes we would like to have our own business based on our interest and so it would be best to be independent. This is in the case where the family business does not allign with your interests.

Yeah, sometimes we would like to have our own business based on our interest and so it would be best to be independent. This is in the case where the family business does not allign with your interests.
Yes, it is good to have your own business, which is very good. Especially with your own interests.

I am agreed with you, starting from scratch is very difficult but handling an established business is more easy than this,if you have experience and enough knowledge about the business

Successful businesses are made based on the decision makers’ ability to put logic ahead of lofty dreams. Unfortunately, relationships are not based on logic; they are emotional, which is why the risk of things going bad is high.
When working with a friend or family member — or anyone else, for that matter — you should be able to be candid and critical with the people who are close to you. If you think you, your friend or family member can’t handle criticism, then getting involved in a business venture is not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds