Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you feel like you are obliged to carry on a family business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any problems carrying on a family business as far as it's not a gambling or alcohol or illegal business, I have administrative, human resources and management skills and these will help in re organizing, reviewing and restrategizing with the help of professional employees. Many businesses die after their owners die and won't like this for the family business.

Advertisement Placeholder
If a family business is doing fairy well, do you think setting up your own business is a good idea? I am sure there are dreams but instead of starting something from scratch, isn't it a good idea to improvise an established business?
Some people I know doesn't like to continue the family business, as they feel they need to start something on their own. If it's an entirely new business then it can be justified a little. Still, if it's a similar business then I don't really get the point of, starting a new one. What do you guys think?
Ofcourse it is not proper to depend solely on family business because it has it's cons and pros. If one can add an extra personal business , it will give him an edge over others ,and can also help him to be able to have something to hold up to when the family business starts having issues

If that family business you are talking about is my parents business, I can handle it because I won't let it run dawn. And I will also establish my own business, even I can invest on estate building and other that will not take my time much.

If the family business is similar to your own idea. Why not set up a plan to ensure the family business is back on it feet again, instead of watching it crash and starting your own business idea from the scratch. Another aspect is; you do not have to feel obligated to carry on the family business. If there are other person's to run the business allow them do it while you set up yours. But if there is non, then you are obligated to run the family business to preserve the family name from crashing.

I think this is a matter of choice, like me I will love to start up a my own business there is pride in knowing that you started a company or business of your own, that you are not working for anyone but for yourself, this is the reason most people prefers to start up their own business despite there being a family business for them to manage.

Small businesses contribute to localeconomies by bringing growth and innovation to the community in which the business is established. Small businesses also help stimulateeconomic growth by providing employment opportunities to people who may not be employable by larger corporations.

It depends on the situation or the family. Sometimes there are parents who are forcing their children to takeover the business to continue the legacy of their business or family, even if their children takes no interest in it. There are also instances that the person wants to build something on its own, without the family's help.

Continuation of family business depends on the type of business involved. If one love the family business one can start from where the last person stops instead of starting the business of your choice.

I think it makes sense for you to continue a family business if you can. It's someone's life work and they feel safer passing it to someone they know and can trust. Of course it's totally fine if the individual has plans to set up his own business.

Being in control of family business is a previlage and not a right, if you are not obliged to carryon with the family business base on what you study or you profession, the family can easily get a manager for the business and you can supervise and see to the activities of the organization. Everyone can be a business owner but on everyone can manage a business. In other to continue the existence of the family business is best to employer a manager

The very first thing about such a business is that, you should deal the family business with your own choice and strategies. As the now the business is your under, so you should make about it analysis and decisions that how you can run the business in an effective way.

If a family business is doing fairy well, do you think setting up your own business is a good idea? I am sure there are dreams but instead of starting something from scratch, isn't it a good idea to improvise an established business?
Some people I know doesn't like to continue the family business, as they feel they need to start something on their own. If it's an entirely new business then it can be justified a little. Still, if it's a similar business then I don't really get the point of, starting a new one. What do you guys think?
I prefer starting my own business where am independent and have got total control over it than improvising the existing one.
Sometimes family businesses brings a lot of chaos so in order to avoid all this,its good to set up my own

Family business aha?
Sometimes I feel unlucky not to have come from a wealthy family. For me, we don't even have a family business to bank on

I'd prefer finding ways to improve the already established business , help the business,add innovative and fresh ideas to develop the business. It is never easy to start a new business from scratch. However if it is something I am passionate about maybe .

Carrying on a family business is great, but it's a tough call to make. Most people want to pursue different careers, this should not be mistaken for indifference. We all have to choose our paths in life. But for those cut for it and willing to do it, I will say its such a great idea.

I believe family business should be optional...it shouldn't be a do or die something.... When their are better options for the business why not explore it....not everybody should be obliged to continue family business... Professionals can be explore and employed for business like that.

When my wife was a manager in the bank he had a subordinate who was the son of a factory owner. Their products are canned fish and meat like sardines, corned beef and spam. It was a big business that my wife was wondering why the son would work in the bank as a staff in the IT department. The guy said that he doesn't want the factory business and what he wanted was an office job so he could wear nice clothes and would have a decent working table. He got his dream. Now their factory is still doing great business and the son is already an assistant vice president in the bank.

Everyone has a choice to make, if you ask me. I will tell you that I will run my own business personal and still manage the family business also. Family business doesn't Tue you down from working on another business initiative. You can work via your own and s manages family business well also.

I dont think anyone is obliged to do anything much less inherit a family business when he or she is not interested in the said business. But seriously I dont think anyone would want to pass up on managing an already successful business only to start another from the scratch.
But what do u know everyone has their own interests and goals in life.

Of course not! Never! Family businesses come with lots of extra insults and annoying situations much more than working for another person or government. Success from this kind of operation or supervision will be attributed to the family for running and supporting and not the hard work and intelligence put into it by me, but failure will be entirely my fault. I 100% prefer to work for someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds