Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you ever take payment upfront?

I don't think there's any website I'm working for that allow a person to collect payment upfront. Even if they allow, I don't like to take payment upfront for personal reasons. People who are doing it must have a reason for that.

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes, I would really want to take payment upfront so that I would actually know that the customer is actually interested in doing business. I have been scammed once and I don't plan on experiencing that twice.
it will be very hard before you see someone who will give you payment upfront. Some of them would like to see a sample of your work before they would be able to pay you.

It is even ready for me to start a business without having to take something upfront. I have had a lot of bad experiences with clients we are going to finish the work and they are going to be very reluctant to pay.

I think it depends on the work. I mostly get paid after my work is done, and anyone who works for me is paid after work is done as well. I think if it's a contract job, maybe pay a portion first then the rest at completion. I would rather do that, as they are guaranteed the rest when you finish.

Yes. That's actually good for my business since a customer needs to render upfront payment so that I can help to buy raw materials needed. The raw material is used for completing the business.

I think it depends on the work. I mostly get paid after my work is done, and anyone who works for me is paid after work is done as well. I think if it's a contract job, maybe pay a portion first then the rest at completion. I would rather do that, as they are guaranteed the rest when you finish.
That's how most employer paid. Work first and payment after. If it's a contract or freelance job, the employer might an agreed sum before the start of the work. While the rest payment will after the completion of the work. However, some employer allow their employee to take payment upfront.

it will be very hard before you see someone who will give you payment upfront. Some of them would like to see a sample of your work before they would be able to pay you.
That's no big deal. I would happily give them a sample of my work for them to see but that's not the same with working for someone without them making a deposit first. They would pay and upfront and I will remove my watermark from it when they make a complete payment.

That's no big deal. I would happily give them a sample of my work for them to see but that's not the same with working for someone without them making a deposit first. They would pay and upfront and I will remove my watermark from it when they make a complete payment.
I think adding a watermark after completing the job is the best actually. Once they pay you the money you will remove the watermark and deliver the job successfully to them.

I think adding a watermark after completing the job is the best actually. Once they pay you the money you will remove the watermark and deliver the job successfully to them.
I know it's actually important to do that but the reason u will still collect upfront is because in the middle of a job, a client might tell you that they don't really need it at that time anymore and some would even wait until you're done with it to inform you.

I know it's actually important to do that but the reason u will still collect upfront is because in the middle of a job, a client might tell you that they don't really need it at that time anymore and some would even wait until you're done with it to inform you.
I know there is a possibility that someone will do that but someone who has not trusted you will not pay you upfront. the only people that will do that are those who have offered you a job before.

I know there is a possibility that someone will do that but someone who has not trusted you will not pay you upfront. the only people that will do that are those who have offered you a job before.
If you're a graphic designer with a legit portfolio then it would be very difficult for your new clients not to trust you. When it comes to freelancing, it's not just the money that matters but good name and reputation and so a designer have everything to lose if he cheat a customer.

If you're a graphic designer with a legit portfolio then it would be very difficult for your new clients not to trust you. When it comes to freelancing, it's not just the money that matters but good name and reputation and so a designer have everything to lose if he cheat a customer.
Yeah, if you are a level 2 seller on freelancing platforms like fiverr a lot of people will trust you because they will see the reviews. But if you're just a new freelancer nobody will trust you like that.

Yes this is very important, cause some customers can be really heartless. I did some jobs for someone some time back, the person refused to pay the balance, the little luck i had was that she paid more than half of the money before i started the job.

Yes, portfolio website is important for every freelancers. No client will want to give job to a person he or she doesn't trust and know the level of his expertise. Portfolio website will help client to access the freelacer skill level in order to decide whether to award the job to him or not.

I don't think anybody will agree to give you a job if you're not ready to show them that you are capable. They can only give you 50% if you have done a job for them before and you did it perfectly.

Well, when a person applies for a job, then such kind of person advertise and shows his skills to the employer so that the employer could become satisfied and hire him.

Well, when a person applies for a job, then such kind of person advertise and shows his skills to the employer so that the employer could become satisfied and hire him.
you must always be ready to display your skills so that people can be very comfortable in hiring you. They may not be able to hire you if they do not see your potentials.

Of course. After getting scammed online, I think what I needed to do was make a way for myself so not to experience that again and that's when I came up with this very idea.
Yes you're absolutely right by saying this, considering the number of scammers this days, they tends to be rampant. In order to avoid making the same mistake. One has to find an alternative that will make him be free from them.

Yeah, if you are a level 2 seller on freelancing platforms like fiverr a lot of people will trust you because they will see the reviews. But if you're just a new freelancer nobody will trust you like that.
Yes, that was the ranking was introduced. It's believe that those in level 2 are better than those in level 1. In fiverr, your level increase with the number of completed job you have and the review the clients give you.

Yes, that was the ranking was introduced. It's believe that those in level 2 are better than those in level 1. In fiverr, your level increase with the number of completed job you have and the review the clients give you.
Yes, such ranking also bring some level of trust to people that you are very good in what you do. That is why level two sellers always get jobs on daily basis.

yes that's something about making money online, but I think in order to stay away from this scammers. one has to make sure he has ever been in contact with them either physically, or rather he has been referred by someone he trust. I once witnessed this, scammers are rampant this days. we have to be careful so as not to fall victims.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds