Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you ever take payment upfront?

yes that's something about making money online, but I think in order to stay away from this scammers. one has to make sure he has ever been in contact with them either physically, or rather he has been referred by someone he trust. I once witnessed this, scammers are rampant this days. we have to be careful so as not to fall victims.

Advertisement Placeholder
When I am working with a new client, I ask for upfront payment, if the client does not want to pay in full, I ask for at least 50 percent payment. However, sometimes I take a risk with a new client by working without any upfront payment.

It is better to ask for upfront payment so that there will be reassurance on the seriousness of the clients .
In a situation where the client is not willing to pay upfront, I will take the risk by doing the job first.

Taking payments upfront is actually very necessary these days and that's to make sure that the client is really ready to have the job done and won't stop you in the middle of doing the business to ask you to abandon everything.

yes that's something about making money online, but I think in order to stay away from this scammers. one has to make sure he has ever been in contact with them either physically, or rather he has been referred by someone he trust. I once witnessed this, scammers are rampant this days. we have to be careful so as not to fall victims.
Probably, the number of scammers on the internet space is increasing on daily basis and people really need to be very careful. that is why if you want tasks you go to proper platforms like Fiverr to avoid stories.

I don't think there's any website I'm working for that allow a person to collect payment upfront. Even if they allow, I don't like to take payment upfront for personal reasons. People who are doing it must have a reason for that.

I used to work for a website that used to pay upfront payment. They used to purchase content from me and sell it. It was a good way to make extra money online.

I would seek for upfront payment most especially if I got the job on freelancing website because of a lot of stories we have heard about clients not willing to pay for the services rendered . This would create a level ground and I will I will be rest assured that it will not end up in a scam. If it is a well-known client, there wouldn't be need for seeking upfront payment.

It is better to ask for upfront payment so that there will be reassurance on the seriousness of the clients .
In a situation where the client is not willing to pay upfront, I will take the risk by doing the job first.
Receiving payment upfront is a very good idea but majority of your clients will not be able to do that. Unless they have worked with you for a while and they trust your services.

I would seek for upfront payment most especially if I got the job on freelancing website because of a lot of stories we have heard about clients not willing to pay for the services rendered . This would create a level ground and I will I will be rest assured that it will not end up in a scam. If it is a well-known client, there wouldn't be need for seeking upfront payment.
That's really the best thing to do if actually you don't want to get scammed online. I have learnt from my lesson when I had to do a project without taking an upfront and even sent my work to the client and that was the end. Very annoying experience.

That's really the best thing to do if actually you don't want to get scammed online. I have learnt from my lesson when I had to do a project without taking an upfront and even sent my work to the client and that was the end. Very annoying experience.
Another challenge is that there are so many freelancers who are ready to work without collecting any upfront payment which is why most of the clients will never pay upfront for any job.

Receiving payment upfront is a very good idea but majority of your clients will not be able to do that. Unless they have worked with you for a while and they trust your services.
I understand that they will be issue of trust between both the client and the publisher but I think that the freelancing website should serve as an escrow platform so that they will be level playing ground.

Another challenge is that there are so many freelancers who are ready to work without collecting any upfront payment which is why most of the clients will never pay upfront for any job.
I don't really care about the rest besides it's only a desperate freelancer or someone who's new to the business that would try such. Because you would just expose yourself to unnecessary scams.

I don't really care about the rest besides it's only a desperate freelancer or someone who's new to the business that would try such. Because you would just expose yourself to unnecessary scams.
So many freelancers are doing that because the platform is already saturated and people are looking for different ways to attract employers which will be an avenue to gain access to them.

I understand that they will be issue of trust between both the client and the publisher but I think that the freelancing website should serve as an escrow platform so that they will be level playing ground.
Yeah, without freelancing platforms a lot of people would have had problems with their clients. Freelancing platforms acts as a medium in order to ensure fairness in everything.

You have a very good point but I also know some freelancers who have been on freelancing website most especially fiverr for decades and they will not require an upfront payment which they are doig Inorder to lure their client.

So many freelancers are doing that because the platform is already saturated and people are looking for different ways to attract employers which will be an avenue to gain access to them.
You do have a point here anyways. The competition in the freelancing world is not like anything that I have ever seen and the worst of it all is that the freelancers are actually not helping matters.

You do have a point here anyways. The competition in the freelancing world is not like anything that I have ever seen and the worst of it all is that the freelancers are actually not helping matters.
In order to compete favourably under such condition, you would need to design different strategy to beat the freelancers offering the same services with you and you will need to think of different strategies to get jobs more quickly.

In order to compete favourably under such condition, you would need to design different strategy to beat the freelancers offering the same services with you and you will need to think of different strategies to get jobs more quickly.
You're also right about that but that's the problem also. How would you design this unique strategy that even the top freelancers don't know about? We all talk about developing strategy like it's an easy thing to do.

You're also right about that but that's the problem also. How would you design this unique strategy that even the top freelancers don't know about? We all talk about developing strategy like it's an easy thing to do.
If you already have the notion that you cannot compete favourably with the top freelancers on this platform, then it will be difficult for you make a lead on the platform. You need to go above and beyond and try your best to see if you can still earn reasonably.

If you already have the notion that you cannot compete favourably with the top freelancers on this platform, then it will be difficult for you make a lead on the platform. You need to go above and beyond and try your best to see if you can still earn reasonably.
I am actually talking reality and not imagining things because there are ideas that are feasible and there are those that are not. You can't just pout all your hope in hope and expect things to work out, atleast not in the aspect of doing business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds