Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you ever take payment upfront?

I am actually talking reality and not imagining things because there are ideas that are feasible and there are those that are not. You can't just pout all your hope in hope and expect things to work out, atleast not in the aspect of doing business.
Well if that what you believe, I wouldn't have choice other than to concur with your statement because I know couple of freelancers that just started and irrespective of the time that they started, they were able to put up a good write-up for publication and they were hired.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well if that what you believe, I wouldn't have choice other than to concur with your statement because I know couple of freelancers that just started and irrespective of the time that they started, they were able to put up a good write-up for publication and they were hired.
There's no freelancing business that's not up for getting jobs and all that but what I am saying is actually the ratio of people who are freelancers to the ratio of those who are actually getting jobs and making money from the business.

There's no freelancing business that's not up for getting jobs and all that but what I am saying is actually the ratio of people who are freelancers to the ratio of those who are actually getting jobs and making money from the business.
It is true that there are many freelancers chasing little amount of jobs on financing website. This is truly an established truth but those with professional-level skill would definitely get jobs more often.

It is true that there are many freelancers chasing little amount of jobs on financing website. This is truly an established truth but those with professional-level skill would definitely get jobs more often.
You're right about that. One way to step up your game in the freelancing world or even while doing business in general is to cling onto these kind of people so they could guide you on some path you find tedious.

You're right about that. One way to step up your game in the freelancing world or even while doing business in general is to cling onto these kind of people so they could guide you on some path you find tedious.
The strategy to step up your game is not so difficult other than to earn a professional level skill which could be done by going through a series of learning platforms like udemy and Coursera.

The strategy to step up your game is not so difficult other than to earn a professional level skill which could be done by going through a series of learning platforms like udemy and Coursera.
You're right about that but you'd still be needing the help and supervision from a mentor or someone who's more knowledgeable than you in the field. Watching videos and attending random courses might actually not be of help.

You're right about that but you'd still be needing the help and supervision from a mentor or someone who's more knowledgeable than you in the field. Watching videos and attending random courses might actually not be of help.
The mentee has a lot to learn from the Mentors and it is very important to be submissive during the learning process in order to gain enough information from the mentor . You can also choose some video platforms like YouTube to gain necessary informations.

The mentee has a lot to learn from the Mentors and it is very important to be submissive during the learning process in order to gain enough information from the mentor . You can also choose some video platforms like YouTube to gain necessary informations.
Yes, the very least you could do to get what you want from your mentor should be expressing humility and be submissive. Pride and arrogance would take you no where and as for the YouTube part, I think it would really be a good idea.

Actually if you want work to be done as fast as possible, it is good to make your payment upfront first at least, they will know that you are serious regarding such work to be done as fast as possible.
Yeah that is the only way you can know wether the customer is serious and eager or not. It really helps than doing something then later the customer will say he or she is not interested.

Last edited:
You have a very good point but I also know some freelancers who have been on freelancing website most especially fiverr for decades and they will not require an upfront payment which they are doig Inorder to lure their client.
The truth is that most clients on Freelancing websites will not agree to give you Jobs if you request for payment up front even if you are a proven freelancer.

I usually avoid taking time upfront. At times it makes me lazy to do what is expected and so I try to see that I don't take such payment so that I can know that I need to do something In order to earn my money.

I take payments upfront because I am a very busy individual and I don't have the luxury of time to be kept waiting after the execution of the agreed tasks. I like it to be as fast as possible.
You're doing well seriously, even me too if it happens to be that I am into such marketing, I will make sure I do the same as you do. Most especially if it you have limited for this business.

You're doing well seriously, even me too if it happens to be that I am into such marketing, I will make sure I do the same as you do. Most especially if it you have limited for this business.
Generally as humans, we all hate delays.
That is why I always take into consideration the amount of time they take for one to receive the payment before joining any site.

That is why I always take into consideration the amount of time they take for one to receive the payment before joining any site.
I'm very aware that the people would consider to use the platform that will make payment very promptly than a platform that will delay payment for a very long time and it's not encouraging.

The time to receive payment from any financing platform is always calculated and that is what you would use as a yardstick to which you can join the platform or not because if it is a platform that will send payment lately, It will be discouraging.

The truth is that most clients on Freelancing websites will not agree to give you Jobs if you request for payment up front even if you are a proven freelancer.

Well, there were a few platforms in the past that used to pay upfront payments. There is a difference between receiving upfront payments and advance payments.

That's the fact, even though they said there shouldn't be hurry in life, but I can tell anyone that he's wrong when it comes to making money, we all don't like delay, most especially when it comes to money.

I'm very aware that the people would consider to use the platform that will make payment very promptly than a platform that will delay payment for a very long time and it's not encouraging.
Yes , you might just encounter an emergency situation which would require you to place withdrawals but if they make delays it would not eventually turn out funny.

Throughout the whole time I have been offering services online I have had a few times where someone has ordered and then upon completion of the order will either refused to make payment for it or will just ignore me in a bid to not make the payment. This has led me to have trust issues unless I have done several dealings with the person in question and I know I can trust them. Now I state that I take payment upfront for all orders just so that I am covered and I know I will not get scammed so to speak after completing the order.

Do you ever take payment upfront for orders? If you do, what was your reason for making this decision?
A business oriented person will surely do this because taking a upfront means that those people already have their money with you and they will never want to leave it so it is an assurance that they will buy the goods from you.

Yes , you might just encounter an emergency situation which would require you to place withdrawals but if they make delays it would not eventually turn out funny.
I was once in that particular incidence. I deposited money to my brokers and after making the profits , I couldn't get payed on time because of their delay. I had to borrow with interest attached to it..

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds