Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Dealing with stress at workplace

We have a saying here that if your job is very stressful then leave and take a vacation. You cannot handle stress at work if the stress is caused by the job that you do. Perhaps you can lesson by taking a very short break and relaxed yourself.

Advertisement Placeholder
Work stress has significant health consequences that range from relatively benign .A more realistic strategies to reduce stress at your current job. Here are some stress management techniques you can try if you are finding it hard to cope with work stress.

While some workplace stress is normal, excessive stress can interfere with your productivity and performance and impact your physical and emotional health. Often, your ability to deal with stress can mean the difference between success and failure at work. You can’t control everything in your work environment, but that doesn’t mean you’re powerless even when you’re stuck in a difficult situation. Whatever your work demands or ambitions, there are steps you can take to protect yourself from the damaging effects of stress and improve your job satisfaction.
While some workplace stress is normal, excessive stress can interfere with your productivity and performance and impact your physical and emotional health. Often, your ability to deal with stress can mean the difference between success and failure at work. You can’t control everything in your work environment, but that doesn’t mean you’re powerless even when you’re stuck in a difficult situation. Whatever your work demands or ambitions, there are steps you can take to protect yourself from the damaging effects of stress and improve your job satisfaction.
Anxiety is a silent killer.track your stressors.keep a journal for a week to identify which situations create the most stress and how you respond to them .Develop healthy responses,eat healthy foods ,get proper sleep,make time to exercise every day.

Concerning the current topic work and health and hiw you can balance both, I would say that you should make a list of priorities and organize an agenda by hours, where you will include meal times and breaks, in this way you get out of what is most urgent and you fulfill your work and your health. You would lead a happier and healthier life doing this

I work at a company where my task is mostly a repetitive one, like typing, arranging of files, attending to customers and all that kinds of job.
This work is a very stressful work for me, I hardly have time to stretch myself at work, it's like the more I work, the more my boss increases my workload. I don't even have time to take a nap.
With this challenge, how can I deal with the stress that comes with this job?
Stress is not good for health if you work with stress than you can't do work properly . You should relax when you do your work thus you can do work properly. You should take rest and proper food in time.

I can say that if you have got that level of stress it is because you have permitted it to your boss, or because of deprived management of your duties. I consumed some time in these types of roles and never allowed my level of calm to be affected by work. I made a work plan and I remained that way, always fulfilling but in my personal technique.

Stress management techniques is a needful skills that every one must posses, because our health is important than every other thing in life, ensure you are able to reduce the stress From everything you are into

I work at a company where my task is mostly a repetitive one, like typing, arranging of files, attending to customers and all that kinds of job.
This work is a very stressful work for me, I hardly have time to stretch myself at work, it's like the more I work, the more my boss increases my workload. I don't even have time to take a nap.
With this challenge, how can I deal with the stress that comes with this job?
Stress at work place is a very common thing but I believe as an employee or an employer, everyone should have a way of dealing with and handling stress so that things would be easy. Also, the best way to manage stress is to get used to it.

Wow! And you can't quit the job. Today the only solution! and another thing is at your work if you don't have time for yourself and the kind of yah given to you had no value to you, I think its a waste of time! My opinion though. but I don't think there's any thing you can do.

While stress at work is common, finding a low-stress job is hard (if not impossible). A more realistic approach is to adopt effective coping strategies to reduce stress at your current job. Here are some stress management techniques you can try if you are finding it hard to cope with work stress.

Some people are not always interested in the stress because if they are paid very well or extra amount of money is added to their normal salary for the stress and extra work they will still work and forget about the stress while some people cannot cope with it

After scrambling to get the kids fed and off to school, dodging traffic and combating road rage, and gulping down coffee in lieu of a healthy breakfast, many people arrive to work already stressed. This makes them more reactive to stress in the workplace.

Track your stressors. Keep a journal for a week or two to identify which situations create the most stress and how you respond to them. ...
Develop healthy responses. ...
Establish boundaries. ...
Take time to recharge. ...
Learn how to relax. ...
Talk to your supervisor. ...
Get some support

This is one of the major stress most employees pass through in their daily life, the stress they pass through in their workplace. From customers stress, to suppliers stress, to family stress. In fact the stress employees make is very minimum. So I advise you give your staffs at least 45 minutes of resting time during working hours.

Communicate clearly and effectively:
In the workplace, as in your personal relationships, assumptions can be deadly. Learn to ask for what you need, say what you want, request clarification when you are confused. Good communication is essential for increased productivity. And learn to listen.

Don't bear grudges:
You have to let those resentments and the need for revenge go. The more time you spend focusing on the problem, the culprit, the unfairness of a situation, the more time you lose creating a solution. You must learn to let things go. Not because they don’t matter. Not because they aren’t important. And not because what the other person did is OK but, because you are called to be a leader at your post.

Everyone who has ever held a job has, at some point, felt the pressure of work-related stress. Any job can have stressful elements, even if you love what you do. In the short-term, you may experience pressure to meet a deadline or to fulfill a challenging obligation. But when work stress becomes chronic, it can be overwhelming—and harmful to both physical and emotional health.

I think there are ways whereby you can deal with kind of stress you are experiencing, on a serious note you really need to take enough medicine to ease your stress, you also need to eat better at work and lastly you need enough rest.

The truth is you have to find time to rest your body. It won't be easy but you just have to make time out because if you don't, in the end you'll be totally stressed out and you'll be unproductive after a very long run.

The human body is dependent on how it respond pseumonic balance, rest is essential if you want to deliver optimum result. If you put health first you will see the importance from the out come of results.
[automerge]1612996049[/automerge]
The human body is dependent on how it respond pseumonic balance, rest is essential if you want to deliver optimum result. If you put health first you will see the importance from the out come of results.

You might be surprised by how affected by workplace stress you are when you have a stressful morning. When you start off the day with planning, good nutrition, and a positive attitude, you might find that the stress of your job rolls off your back more easily.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds