Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Common Mistakes in Praising Employees

Managers or business owners should praise employees and they should kniw what you're praising them for, it is very important. You really need them to know what exactly it is you're praising them for and of you are giving them special incentives, you should direct towards a thing

Advertisement Placeholder
One of the things that stands out to me from the early childhood research is that praise seems to be most effective when it focuses on the process rather than the person. “Wow, you really put a lot of effort into that presentation,” recognizes a person’s intentions and accomplishments. This kind of praise communicates to people that their hard work was noticed.

It is true, many employers when they want to recognize or praise the work of an employee must do it in the right way. The employee must perform his duties in the correct manner, according to the position for which he is in the company in which he has his duties. This is not a reason for praise, since it is his duty. Praise can be given when he/she does something outside his/her responsibilities, such as making valuable contributions to the company, solving problems that are not his/her responsibility, collaborating in other projects, etc.

some common mistake praise here
Here are some of the more common mistakes companies tend to make and how Praising an employee who have done a great job is highly commendable. It is good to praise talent and hard work when that is done rightly

Giving praising to customers will lead to success.Appreciate the hard workers.every week meeting with emoloyees to giving the tips to deal with customers.giving the reward to hard workers.Focous to giving cash draw

I don't think there is any big deal there is an employer should Praise visit her employee for a job well done. However, that doesn't mean the employee too should now doing as if they know it all or now feeling superior to give employer
Sure an organization void of praise can lead to disgruntled employees which will affect the company's output as the staff will not be inspired to do more. It is better to praise staff and give them bonuses when necessary to appreciate their good works

A lot of literature, business and management articles or business tips, suggest always giving praise to employees who excel or at least to increase their work motivation. Giving praise to employees correctly will give positive results but if the praise is done wrongly it can be a contra indication of praise. Here are some common mistakes managers and owners make when giving praise to their

A lot of literature, business and management articles or business tips, suggest always giving praise to employees who excel or at least to increase their work motivation. Giving praise to employees correctly will give positive results but if the praise is done wrongly it can be a contra indication of praise. Here are some common mistakes managers and owners make when giving praise to their employees:
1. Blaming without giving direction
2. Praise the talent, not the hard work of the employee
3. Not giving praise / rewards to employees who are performing well,
Maybe you have other ideas or opinions about common mistakes in giving praise to employees.
And most employee lack the wày and manner of approaching their workers which may lead to bad working attitude for them, because if they are well praised and been talking to in a well manner they will want to give their very good best for the company.

When you blame the employee without giving proper direction on what should be done, then you are doing more harm than good to the employee. They need to know what to do when they make mistakes and when such direction is not forthcoming, they tend to feel bad and lonely.

When you praise an employee just because he has performed well, other poor performers will become jealous of him and stop working properly> instead of building sales, they may even try to derail the sales track.

Praising employees is not bad, but it should be done in moderation. If not moderated, the employee will feel untouchable or will think s/he is the best in the organization. And this may end up messing things up futher. Or they may leave for better jobs.

A lot of literature, business and management articles or business tips, suggest always giving praise to employees who excel or at least to increase their work motivation. Giving praise to employees correctly will give positive results but if the praise is done wrongly it can be a contra indication of praise. Here are some common mistakes managers and owners make when giving praise to their employees:
Maybe you have other ideas or opinions about common mistakes in giving praise to employees.
You know anything that as a positive side w will also have a negative part. when you praise your employer positively you are doing the employer good if and only if you are not been bias about it, and always praise the passion not the talent, if you praise the talent the employee wont work hard....

If you compliment an employees on his education or position not on his tough will make the problems. An who is not working hard but he has the good educational degrees and one who has not the good educational degrees but he is employed hard and boss is praising the one who got degrees that will tough for the other one.
As the manager or head of an organization, you've got to know how to balance it all. Yes it is necessary to praise your staff but it shouldn't be done to the detriment of others or creating unnecessary rivalry or animosity amongst staff.

My employer never used to praise his employees in front of them. he used to say that the performance usually drops whenever he praised his workers. However, I do not believe that this is true in all the cases. But I do believe that this is partially true. I would not over-praise an employee. I would rather motivate him to do more. This does not mean that I will become a thankless person. There is a BIG difference between being thankless and motivating employees to do more.

When correcting or blaming one for an error as an employer, we should indicate where the person got it wrong. Praise such person based on the talent, and level of expertise, and professionalism during the working schedule.

I see nothing wrong with praising your employees at work. In short it is one of the best strategy to go with when you want to encourage your staff to input their best at work. Praising and commending someone encourages them to do better next time.

I dont understand , most times its best to give praise to the hardwork of the employee , because that is what would give the employee more strength and encouragement to do your job with all the strength he or she has, that's part of the benefit attached

When I was a supervisor I was taught about a "Praise sandwich". If you need to criticise them for something they are not doing properly you should begin with praising them for something they are doing well, then add the criticism to show them what you are not happy with, and then end it with more praise about something else. Employees will respond more positively to this approach.

I dont think there's any mistakes in praising employee but you must not allow them to realise that you can't do without them, once they know there are your lige support, they will start misbehaving and eventually ruined the company for you, you need to praise them normally.

In a business, it is detrimental when you praise one employee all the while scolding another employee for his bad performance. You should never humiliate employee publicly.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds