Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Common Mistakes in Praising Employees

A few days before I hear that managers are not praising Their employees about their well done progress and that's what is the reason that why they are doing this kind of behaviour with the employees they always think that it's bad for the employees that they will not put concentration and work with concentration if they are praised from the manager but I think that it is necessary to praise them and appreciate them what they had done for the business because whenever they will happy at any work they will directly affect the business production and employees are the source of our business running work so it is necessary to appreciate them give them the award related to their progressing work for our business.

Advertisement Placeholder
Do not praise a customer too often lest he will be full of himself. You can be nice to him to show that you appreciate him. You may also be giving him some preferential treatment but not at the expense of others workers to avoid being jealous.

According to my own point of view, as an organisation I don't think it is good to praise employees. this is because it will make them feel pompous, and they will begin to behave stubborn, some of them might try to go against the rules and regulation of the organisation.

To praise and appreciate employee is a good thing to do in the right way but you the adage says every fingers is not equal you know the person you are praising the other can turn into another thing today either by giving him or her the privilege like trust him or but at the end he back bites.

Well, from my own experience I believe praising an employee is one of the way you can increase the productivity of your workers. Hence, I believe even if you praise an employee you should do it on a minimal basis. And also reward your employees when they do a great job with promotions for motivate others

A lot of literature, business and management articles or business tips, suggest always giving praise to employees who excel or at least to increase their work motivation. Giving praise to employees correctly will give positive results but if the praise is done wrongly it can be a contra indication of praise. Here are some common mistakes managers and owners make when giving praise to their employees:
1. Blaming without giving direction
2. Praise the talent, not the hard work of the employee
3. Not giving praise / rewards to employees who are performing well,
Maybe you have other ideas or opinions about common mistakes in giving praise to employees.
employees need to be praised and also they need to be appreciated when they perform their duties very well so that they can continue to uphold the good work and do everything the way they are supposed to do them. It is very a nice idea

Any good company is vital to its ability to control employee performance correctly. However, too frequently the management of performance is misunderstood or conducted in a torment that can in turn damage employee participation, morale and ultimately performance. Here are the greatest errors I have ever seen businesses of all sizes.

Some people begin to have the feelings of over importance and that they are indispensable when they are praised for a job well done in an extravagant manner. It's good to praise one staff from time to time but avoid doing it all the time so that ego and prices don't set in.

Simply saying "good job" isn't enough. You need to tell the employee what he or she did to warrant the praise. That will show the employee you are invested in his or her performance. You aren't just praising the employee for the sake of giving praise

Praising of a well performance employee by employer is a good a good Idea and I think that it is a imeperative think to done by a business owner or manager in which to make the employee keep making well performance in a company. The praising is not only by saying "Weldon", you have be giving them a gift once in a while.

A lot of literature, business and management articles or business tips, suggest always giving praise to employees who excel or at least to increase their work motivation. Giving praise to employees correctly will give positive results but if the praise is done wrongly it can be a contra indication of praise. Here are some common mistakes managers and owners make when giving praise to their employees:
1. Blaming without giving direction
2. Praise the talent, not the hard work of the employee
3. Not giving praise / rewards to employees who are performing well,
Maybe you have other ideas or opinions about common mistakes in giving praise to employees.
Its absolutely good to encourage employees which gives them good motives to work, but we should be cautious not to stretch it at the detriment of ourselves. Most employees abuse previledges like this, so we should know the length at which we extend appreciation.

I agree with you that praise should be given to employee that deserve it from their excellent performance in the course of doing their jobs. A friend quit his work place because instead of being praised for his sacrifice he was given additional task.

The primary target of worker prizes and acknowledgment programs is to appreciate and commend the endeavors and accomplishments of the individuals from the labor force and cause them to feel esteemed. The disappointment of acknowledgment frameworks is frequently because of missteps that associations make while creating and actualizing them

Since a compliment’s free to give out and does much for morale and more, it pays to show your team much love. According to a new report from employee engagement firm TINYpulse, employees who receive continuous feedback believe that:

This is really amazing to praise the staff who is working for any organization with their best enough. Once you will start praising staff they will return it in making friendly and happy workplace. There must be incentives for good doers.

praising your employee is a very good thing abd this can also help in the growth of the business but the most important thing is that most boss only leash insult on their workers when they did wrong or forget to do it well but they hardly praise when the right thing is done

Mistakes made when an employer wants to praise his or her employees . praising an employee with the right format gives or brings credit to the company but when praised in not right way brings out fall in the company or even retardation. If you praise an employee without giving reward it does not make them be motivated but when you do it openly in front of other employees it encourage other to do in order to also be praised.

Having you on the team makes a huge difference.
You always find a way to get it done – and done well!
It's really admirable how you always see projects through from conception to completion.
Thank you for always speaking up in team meetings and providing a unique perspective.
Thank you, it makes my day to hear that.
I really put a lot of thought into this, thank you for noticing.
Thank you, I really appreciate you taking the time to express that.
Thank you, I am happy to hear you feel that way!

So, I had a leadership position at this company years ago, and I often used to give out praise to motivate the employees. Well, one day, my HR Director told me to stop. He actually said, "You're recognizing too many people. They don't need to be praised for just doing their jobs. Remember we praise them every month when we pay them their salary"

Praising employees could be a good thing in order for them to know that the business owner appreciates their efforts and contributions to the growth of the business. But one has to be very careful, lest they start feeling indispensable and pride might set in.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds